+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

Re: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

I was bummed that last night was the season finale. I felt like things were just getting interesting!

Now I'm just waiting for a new season of Flipping Out, lol.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I was bummed that last night was the season finale. I felt like things were just getting interesting!

Now I'm just waiting for a new season of Flipping Out, lol.
    Didn't this feel like an incredibly short season?? Which is sad because I thought it was the most interesting season yet!
    I love Josh Flagg...almost everything about him. I even love how he lives the life of a rich, pampered young man, totally blind to the fact that most people don't live the way he does. It just seems like normal life to him.
    I enjoyed how he knew the proper names and uses for all the silver serving pieces they had borrowed from him (for the food at the Open House), as though everyone, knew these things. The fact that he even owned all these fancy silver items alone was fascinating. And those were a lot of really fine heavy chunks of silver!!

I enjoyed this season, as well. I grew to like Josh Flagg, too.
    I think the dynamic this season was better.
    Have to say, though, that I was not liking Josh Altman at all on the last episode. I love how he dresses, esp. for LA, which has alawys been way too dressed down for my liking.
    He just came across really like a shark and, while I can understand his wanting to help Heather, he should realize that Madison is not exactly in a position to have someone take on a new territory right now. Madison' sales are way down, compared to years past. Malibu has really taken a hit in the RE market.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I enjoyed this season, as well. I grew to like Josh Flagg, too.
    I think the dynamic this season was better.
    Have to say, though, that I was not liking Josh Altman at all on the last episode. I love how he dresses, esp. for LA, which has alawys been way too dressed down for my liking.
    He just came across really like a shark .
    and, while I can understand his wanting to help Heather, he should realize that Madison is not exactly in a position to have someone take on a new territory right now. Madison' sales are way down, compared to years past. Malibu has really taken a hit in the RE market.
    IA. I'm all in favor of how he dresses and conducts himself, especially here in LA where scruffy and grubby are standard.
    But on the other hand, he is definitely a shark but he doesn't try to play that down either. Kind of like he is what he appears to be. I'll take a shark to a hypocrite anyday.
    But I'm still not fond of Josh A.

I didn't like Altman from day 1. Something about him seemed very insincere to me, & as the season went on, I liked him less & less. He's pretty arrogant, IMO, & I can't stand the dynamic between him & his mother. I think she's a "SMother" & he doesn't have the balls to tell her to back off, so instead he moved across the country to get away from her. and when she called him when he was on his date with Heather, it was just so staged! ITA with Madison that he had his mommy call him during the date. He was all "oh I have to take this call" & then acts surprised that it's his mom, as if he didn't have caller ID on his cell phone. Puh-leeze, man. You're such a fake. If it was 9:00 in LA then, if his mom is in Boston, it would have been midnight! Who calls their adult child at midnight just to talk?! Seriously, come on. Me, personally, that would put me off if I was on a date & a guy did that, especially when his mom asked to talk to Heather. I guarantee you that his mom thinks no one is good enough for her boy & I would hate to have her as a mother-in-law (or a potential one).

Barf.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I see Josh as very confidant, as opposed to arrogant. He likes what he does, and it shows, and it appears he works hard at it. His whole demeanor shows it. And if he did move across the country to get away from his mother, or surroundings that he just didn't see as being part of his long-term future, I think that is to be applauded. There are too many people who don't recognize the need to expand their horizons, and can find themselves stuck in a rut for the rest of their lives. There's nothing wrong with wanting more for yourself than what you've grown up with. A lot of these people eventually find their ways back home, anyway. Relocation is a brave move; if success comes with it, all the better. His mother seemed very warm toward Heather when they spoke on the phone; the good part is that there is enough distance between them that, should the relationship develop, that there will not be competition between the women for Josh's attention. That's a good thing. Looks like Josh's biggest problem for his girlfriend/wife will be workaholism.

He seems like a good guy to me. Madison is jealous as all get out! It bugs me that he wants Heather to wait for him to tell her what her next career move will be.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't really see Madison as jealous. I just saw him as hurt.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jealous, as in Heather is paying more attention to Josh and listening to his advice. Heather has to do what is best for Heather; Madison has to find his own way; he's responsible for his own well-being. I still get tickled everytime I think of how Madison told Josh that he could "throw down"....who even says that anymore???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I didn't really see Madison as jealous. I just saw him as hurt.

same here, although I think he is handling it poorly, which makes me sad because I like Madison.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    That's a good thing. Looks like Josh's biggest problem for his girlfriend/wife will be workaholism.
    I don't see Josh A as a workaholic. His work, which he really loves, is his life, his main love, his raison d'etre..... a wife and family would always be second. Like many men, he thrives on his work, it's what makes him who he is and he enjoys the everyday battle immensely and how he measures his worth.
    There are some people who work constantly for other reasons, maybe to gain wealth, avoid unhappiness in their outside life, perfectionists, etc etc.
    But for Josh, he just eats it up with total satisfaction. Nothing could please him more.
    Unfortunately, a lot of women don't recognize this before they marry these men. It takes a rare woman, with lots of self esteem and other interests to find satisfaction with a husband like that.

Sorry, didn't realize I was going to do a psychological autopsy of Josh when I started this post.

+ Reply to Thread