+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

Kitchen Nightmares

KITCHEN NIGHTMARES is back!!!! Friday, January 21, 2011 @8pm on FOX

Chef Ramsay visits Spanish Pavillion in Harrison, NJ, a family-run business established in 1976 whose owners, brothers Michael and Jerry, have allowed their differences to compromise the quality of the restaurant. With a head chef consistently absent from the kitchen and an unhappy staff, Chef Ramsay is determined to transform the outdated ambiance and menu in order to keep the family business afloat. Eager to witness dinner service, Ramsay is shocked to see both owners spend more time engaging in heated arguments than paying attention to the raw meals being served to the diners. Later, Ramsay gives the dining room and the menu a modern makeover with a Spanish flair and encourages the brothers to put their differences aside in order to preserve the family legacy. Find out if the restaurant's makeover will encourage the brothers to work together, or if their old habits and tempers will be too much for the family business to handle.

FOX Broadcasting Company - Kitchennightmares TV Show - Kitchennightmares TV Series - Kitchennightmares Episode Guide
    KAREN

Re: Kitchen Nightmares Season 3

Glad this one is back! Really enjoy this show.

Me too! I missed it!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

YAY! I guess I don't ever watch Fox because I had no idea this was coming back. lol Love this show!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Loved last night's show about the Spanish restaurant. There was plenty of drama, but both brothers stepped up and the whole family embraced the changes.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

It was good to see Gordon working on helping each brother respect his own responsibilities as well as those of the other brother.

Every time I see him go into coolers in restaurants and find rancid food, though, it almost makes me afraid to eat out. And how can a whole kitchen full of "cooks" not notice that the chicken they were cooking and serving had gone bad?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4158338;
    [snipped] ...Every time I see him go into coolers in restaurants and find rancid food, though, it almost makes me afraid to eat out. And how can a whole kitchen full of "cooks" not notice that the chicken they were cooking and serving had gone bad?

This episode was mild in that respect compared to some previous shows, but know what you mean. This show has definitely made me cut down on how much we eat out. I used to be ready to eat out at the drop of a hat. But now when my husband suggests we eat out, I sometimes think about the kitchens shown on this show and say, why don't we just buy some steak/shrimp/whatever and I'll make us a nice meal here.

I suppose all those cooks could have missed the bad chicken if they sniffed the first batch they did and it was fine, and they assumed the rest was fine too, or the smells from the working kitchen masked the smell.

My opinion of him finding all that rancid food on any of the episodes in coolers says staged to me. I have never known a restaurant to have THAT much rancid or rotten food. Rarely actually, usually it is food that is not dated but covered that is found here in Milwaukee by our City inspectors.

FORT Fogey

This show seems so staged to me. I like it, and hope not, but it just seems it is. How could they show a restaurant with rotten chicken and dead lobsters? Every single one of those people on there, especially the guy who ate that chicken, could sue them for endangerment. People can die from rotten chicken.

Plus I do not care how much the restaurant showed change, no way no how would I or probably a lot of others ever eat in a restaurant that was shown to have such things going on. Seems it would be suicide for some of these restaurants.

I have watched allot of KN and man o man with the rancid food yet again. Ugh.

I said to DH as we were watching Friday night, (as I watched diners sitting behind GR while he sampled some of their menu items) if I were to walk into any restaurant and saw GR in there, I would RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Actually, I did say I would ask for his autograph and then get the heck out of there. GR sitting in a restaurant with tv cameras on him is generally NOT a good sign.

Those bros are grads of Johnson & Wales in RI. Oh my, that is suppose to be a fab culinary college. The fighting, the screaming, the pushing.
    Those waiter uniforms … Glad GR got them new ones.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast