+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

Re: Kitchen Nightmares Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    jade, if you have not seen the episode, I think you should before you weigh in here. What you have posted ^^^^^ above is not how it went down with the young man and the pizza.

As far as the young man and the pizza.
    He got up from his table and went over to Sammy who was at the cash register and the young man inquired as to his pizza as it had been 90 minutes. At that Sammy says "its coming" and the young man says, "you have been saying that but where is it". At that moment Sammy just started screaming at him. Screaming. Yelling. Screaming. Everyone in the restaurant (all 5 of them) were staring at this exchange. The young man's friends were SHOCKED. Then Sammy SCREAMS, "pay me for the pizza and get out of here right now, pay for it and get out, pay me now and then get out". Sammy kept saying that over and over again and getting louder and louder. The young man is STUNNED and says "pay you for a pizza I never received". THEN OF COURSE AMY COMES RUNNING OUT. She is now screaming and yelling. Sammy and Amy are dropping F-Bombs all over the restaurant. It was a SHOCKING scene. At one point I thought someone was going to get punched and I saw a KN's cameraman get in the scene to break it up.

I think this will help you understand what exactly happened with that one scene in this 60 minutes of a REAL KITCHEN NIGHTMARE!!!!
    And didn't Amy dial 911 at this point too? Or was it later?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    OMG, I don't remember my head was seriously spinning as I watched this ONE scene of horrors.
    jucamer likes this.
    KAREN

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    It was then. She apparently called 911 and hung up. According to this Dec 2012 story about the filming of the episode, police showed up but the drama had been resolved. The producers told the guy who didn't get his pizza to leave and that they would cover his bill.

Screaming, Expletives, and, Eventually, Police: All in the First Night of Kitchen Nightmares Taping at Amy's Baking Company - Phoenix - Restaurants and Dining - Chow Bella

Re: Kitchen Nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm sorry, but Ramsay for all his bluff, bluster and dropping F-bombs more than the Swedish Chef throws spoons (which is a lot), TRULY does want to help these restaurants succeed. Does it happen always? - no, but it doesn't mean that he doesn't give them a fair chance.
    I love Gordon Ramsay, but really does not suffer fools. I think his frustration with people on this show comes out when they're just delusional and think they don't have a problem OR want to argue with him about it. I don't know how restaurants are selected for this show, but I'm pretty sure they have to apply. I'd be annoyed too if people asked for my help and then fought me at every turn.

I think the Gordon Ramsay on this show is a totally different animal than the one on Hell's Kitchen. I love it on KN when he gets in the kitchen with young chefs and teaches them something new. He's obviously VERY knowledgeable about MANY different cuisines and he owns many successful restaurants. I'm always amazed at these idiot owners who act like he doesn't know anything. I think the Michelin Guide would disagree! They don't give out three-star ratings to just anyone.

I also love how respectful and sweet he is to all the poor waitresses who have to bring so much disgusting food to him.

ETA: article on HuffPo detailing the situation, including screen shots of their FB posts:
    Amy's Baking Company Freaks Out Online After Epic Meltdown On Gordon Ramsay's 'Kitchen Nightmares' [UPDATED]
    Last edited by Critical; 05-15-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    Punkin, Kip and momrek06 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have never watched the show, but the HuffPo article included the whole episode in two parts. Bat**** crazy. I wonder how many days those cake slices have been sitting in the display case as I saw no signs of her baking in the kitchen. Unreal.
    momrek06 and jucamer like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

They have updated their facebook page to say that they will be having a grand re-opening next Tuesday (May 21) where people can judge for themselves.

They are requiring reservations, meaning that they will deny reservations to people who are going to go there to complain about the food, and I bet there will be a no cellphone rule to try and ensure that nothing gets posted online that may be contrary to what they claim.

It goes on and on and could to a point be seen as a smear on Ramsay, but unfortunately he is a little too big of a star that he'd probably not be able to sue them because his sales won't suffer due to the insufferable attitude of these two.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 05-15-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    momrek06 likes this.

They were both certifiable. I've never seen two bigger immature, self-important a-holes on this show. Unreal. With the way they treated the staff (screaming at them and pocketing their tips?!) and the customers, I hope their stupid restaurant goes under. Quickly. These idiots have no business being in the service industry.
    momrek06 and jucamer like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Oh, but, waywyrd, she was called by God to be a chef and open a restaurant. She has a God given gift and no one...no one will tell her different.
    libgirl2 and momrek06 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

From the Washington Post: Amy’s Baking Company vs. The Entire Internet
    One of my favorite parts:
    “If you do something stupid on the Internet, children, never, under any circumstances, try to pass it off as a hacking. This just makes you look like someone who has done something stupid on the Internet AND who does not understand how the Internet actually works.”

I would go on to point out that seldom in history has any self-respecting hacker come dashing in and made you look stupider than you were to begin with.
    Kip, sweetpea, Shoepie and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Thanks for that link, Critical. I also loved the author's maxim that As a general rule, if you are the one typing in all caps insisting that everyone else is wrong, they are not wrong. And the Venn diagram at the end had me laughing.

Amy looks to be a textbook example of narcissistic personality disorder and Samy just seems afraid of setting her off. I hope they just cut their losses, close the restaurant, and go home and do something that doesn't require interacting with the public.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread