+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

Re: Kitchen Nightmares

I agree, Gordon can handle names being thrown at him. I doubt he would have a problem with confrontation at all. He knew they were far beyond hope, so called it a day.

We watched the episode with our jaws on the floor for most of the hour. These two people were truly nuts. I loved how livid Gordon was when he found out Samy was taking all of the waitstaff's tips. Telling the customers that and shutting down Samy's blustering was awesome, as was shoving some cash into the server's hand when he walked out the first night.

Apparently the social media fall out is epic, as we can see from the link above. My husband says someone on Reddit posted that a cop friend felt pretty strongly the restaurant is nothing more than a money laundering site. I can believe that. Samy is scary, and Amy is off the wall crazy. Seriously nuts.

The scary part is, they will probably get their own reality show out of it.

Re: Kitchen Nightmares Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It really had nothing to do with that. They never said anything truly ugly to him that I can remember. It was that he realized they couldn't be helped because they weren't willing to change, so he didn't see the point of sticking around. The husband even said that Gordon was coming so that he could educate their customers about how good their food is. Probably the most delusional restaurant owners I've ever seen in the history of the show, both on Fox and on BBC America.
    The fact that they KNEW he was coming and then tried to make things appear as being good is a red flag on a restaurant.

My comment about walking out with name calling - that's just general including other stuff he's been on (Hotel Hell, Hell's Kitchen).

The footage of those people screaming at the customers who didn't pay for the pizza that they were never served - and then threatening to call the police - was CRAZY.
    Actually - the people who didn't get the pizza could walk out and if they were confronted by the owners when the people had proof they hadn't received the pizza, but the owners try to keep them in there?... That's a crime (essentially illegal restraint).

Oh, and we've walked out of a restaurant that took too long to serve us and didn't even bother to check up on us and explain what took so long. The restaurants I mentioned previously again are the only two in town and small town USA you expect it when the next town is like 100 miles away and truckers need to eat.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Amy's Bistro in 'social media meltdown' after Gordon Ramsay walks off TV episode of Kitchen Nightmares in US | Mail Online

Here's another story. Well, they say any publicity is good publicity. I imagine they'll get at least a small bump in sales as people go to see if the situation there is really as described. They'll probably close the restaurant soon.

Edited to add: It's funny that the owners now seem to be denying that they pocketed the servers' tips. Samy admitted to it several times. He said he paid the waitstaff an hourly wage and kept the tips because he did most of the work.
    Last edited by Kip; 05-15-2013 at 10:43 AM.

They are claiming their FB account was hacked. If it were any other two people in the world, I might believe it, but with these two bozos, considering their behavior, I doubt it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    They are claiming their FB account was hacked. If it were any other two people in the world, I might believe it, but with these two bozos, considering their behavior, I doubt it.
    I call it the "Storage Wars - Dave" effect:

They don't realize that no matter how they try to spin it, what they give people to work with is what is going to get spun into these stories. Dave didn't realize it until his business dropped. I think the same will hold with this couple.

And, I'm sure this business is seeing folk drop like flies now due to this appearance on "Kitchen Nightmares." For these folks to fritter away help to boost sales, even if short term in the name of their own high and mighty opinions of themselves, well, suffice to say they will get what they deserve.

I'm sorry, but Ramsay for all his bluff, bluster and dropping F-bombs more than the Swedish Chef throws spoons (which is a lot), TRULY does want to help these restaurants succeed. Does it happen always? - no, but it doesn't mean that he doesn't give them a fair chance.

And I didn't know that they had FIRED 100 workers in a year - that explains a lot. I hope Ramsay does a followup on the girl who was fired for just asking a question. Here's hoping she does very well post this fiasco to rub it in the owner's faces.

I remember on KN UK version there was this one owner who was just so lazy, she wouldn't show up to open the place etc... her dad was paying her bills. It was terrible. Tamsey had gotten her a great chef, India, who greatly impressed him. The owner ended up closing the place (I think she is now a "call" girl). He was so impressed with India, he hired her to work at one of his restaurants. It looks like she is still working for him.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Yeah, firing 100 workers in a year is pretty incredible. On the show, Ramsey talked to a former staff member who had worked there for a year. He asked her how many workers had been fired in that time and she said 50. Later when Ramsey was talking to Samy & Amy, he brought up their firing 50 workers in a year. Amy denied it. Samy said it was true, but that they had actually gone through 100 employees.

Now Forbes magazine has an article about 7 things NOT to do with your social media accounts using Amy's social media meltdown as an example.

Ramsey is probably the big winner in all the publicity generated by this show. There have been several times in the past when I've thought he should have walked out, but most of the time, the owners come around. In fact, at least half the owners start out being delusional about the quality of their food and service, but then accept the criticism. I hope some of the other makeover shows take note of this and walk out on the owners when they're not open to feedback (I'm thinking of that pirate bar on Bar Rescue).

I had the episode on tivo and when I read about the episode I ran to the tv and watched the episode....OMG...... the two of them are NUTS....I agree with the statement above their account was not hacked....just trying to cover their butts. I would of walked out too if I were Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I haven't been able to see the episode with this bistro, but have read the story about Ramsey walking out and this aftermath with social sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Actually - the people who didn't get the pizza could walk out and if they were confronted by the owners when the people had proof they hadn't received the pizza, but the owners try to keep them in there?
    jade, if you have not seen the episode, I think you should before you weigh in here. What you have posted ^^^^^ above is not how it went down with the young man and the pizza.

As far as the young man and the pizza.
    He got up from his table and went over to Sammy who was at the cash register and the young man inquired as to his pizza as it had been 90 minutes. At that Sammy says "its coming" and the young man says, "you have been saying that but where is it". At that moment Sammy just started screaming at him. Screaming. Yelling. Screaming. Everyone in the restaurant (all 5 of them) were staring at this exchange. The young man's friends were SHOCKED. Then Sammy SCREAMS, "pay me for the pizza and get out of here right now, pay for it and get out, pay me now and then get out". Sammy kept saying that over and over again and getting louder and louder. The young man is STUNNED and says "pay you for a pizza I never received". THEN OF COURSE AMY COMES RUNNING OUT. She is now screaming and yelling. Sammy and Amy are dropping F-Bombs all over the restaurant. It was a SHOCKING scene. At one point I thought someone was going to get punched and I saw a KN's cameraman get in the scene to break it up.

I think this will help you understand what exactly happened with that one scene in this 60 minutes of a REAL KITCHEN NIGHTMARE!!!!
    Critical and bee stung lips like this.
    KAREN

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

As far as the young man and the pizza.[/B] He got up from his table and went over to Sammy who was at the cash register and the young man inquired as to his pizza as it had been 90 minutes. At that Sammy says "its coming" and the young man says, "you have been saying that but where is it". At that moment Sammy just started screaming at him. Screaming. Yelling. Screaming. Everyone in the restaurant (all 5 of them) were staring at this exchange. The young man's friends were SHOCKED. Then Sammy SCREAMS, "pay me for the pizza and get out of here right now, pay for it and get out, pay me now and then get out". Sammy kept saying that over and over again and getting louder and louder. The young man is STUNNED and says "pay you for a pizza I never received". THEN OF COURSE AMY COMES RUNNING OUT. She is now screaming and yelling. Sammy and Amy are dropping F-Bombs all over the restaurant. It was a SHOCKING scene. At one point I thought someone was going to get punched and I saw a KN's cameraman get in the scene to break it up.

I think this will help you understand what exactly happened with that one scene in this 60 minutes of a REAL KITCHEN NIGHTMARE!!!!
    That scene was nothing short of UNBELIEVEABLE!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread