+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

Re: Kitchen Nightmares Season 3

I know sometimes the drama is played up for the cameras, but from what I read, this is how they behave. Just horrible!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Wow. I missed the episode, but I live not too far from there. I'm gonna check them out!
    One review on yelp gave them 4 stars - 1 for the food and 3 for the entertainment value of watching crazy people. There are now hundreds of yelp reviews from people who only watched the show.

Don't order the ravioli. Don't order the hamburger. Don't order the pizza. Don't order the salmon burger. Early yelp reviews (before all the KN reviews) complained about $3.50 sodas with no refills, a $22 plate of ravioli containing only 4 ravioli (and other small portions), being charged extra for bread and parmesan with pasta.

However, the restaurant was clean! I think I'd rather eat bad food in a clean restaurant than good food out of some of those nasty kitchens that have been on KN.

Re: Kitchen Nightmares

I don't know... considering the cost of the food that isn't good, I would just stay away.
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

That crazy Amy sure needs to stick to desserts! Gordon raved about her sweets. I have never seen such a deluded owner and chef. She is terrible and it is a wonder anyone works there at all.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Hey everybody CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!

This Is The Most Epic Brand Meltdown On Facebook Ever

"ON FACEBOOK EVER"!!!!! Why am I not SURPRISED!!!!!

Where is AZ, she needs to get over there and report back!!!!!!
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Hey everybody CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!

This Is The Most Epic Brand Meltdown On Facebook Ever

"ON FACEBOOK EVER"!!!!! Why am I not SURPRISED!!!!!

Where is AZ, she needs to get over there and report back!!!!!!
    I followed your link. As a Christian, I refuse to associate with (or patronize) companies where the owner says, "I am a Child of God, and F**k anyone who disagrees." Really, I was marginally interested in going up there after reading this thread (my DVD didn't record the show last week while we were cruising). Having read just HOW off-the-wall these people are, I think I'll just stay here in my safe little senior adult community.

Sorry to let you all down! LOL.
    libgirl2 and spockwhat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I followed your link. As a Christian, I refuse to associate with (or patronize) companies where the owner says, "I am a Child of God, and F**k anyone who disagrees." Really, I was marginally interested in going up there after reading this thread (my DVD didn't record the show last week while we were cruising). Having read just HOW off-the-wall these people are, I think I'll just stay here in my safe little senior adult community.

Sorry to let you all down! LOL.
    No worries, AZ.

They are both a piece of work. Disturbing to say the least.

And after all that RANTING they did, they are now saying their FB page was HACKED.

I highly DOUBT that.
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

Wow, that is insane.

I haven't been able to see the episode with this bistro, but have read the story about Ramsey walking out and this aftermath with social sites.

This is what I have to say:

1. Ramsay has to deal with a lot of nonsense and GIGANTIC egos in "Hell's Kitchen" and - inspite of what we see sometimes, tremendous amount of patience before he goes into his tirades. And when he tirades, 98 percent of the time they're justified.

For him to walk out of a restaurant because people are not listening to him or calling him names? - He really is truly pissed at them and will give up on them. It speaks volumes to how he truly feels, because I don't think he'd walk out of any restaurant and not help them if they wanted to at least try (which we've seen a few times).

2. The owners say they want to poll the last 100 waitstaff to get their opinion about the claim about the tips being taken and them making "$8-$12/hour."

There should be a huge red flag if there are 100 waitstaff who passed through your doors in a year if you are a small restaurant - especially that small.

3. Someone mentioned 90 minutes for a meal - in a sparse restaurant. Even then the food is expensive. OK... I've been to a restaurant who took about 70 minutes to get our food to us, but a. it was super busy, b. one of only two restaurants in town and c. because of a. the staff had to actually go to the till, get out money to go to the grocery store to buy bread. My Dad and I actually were the last ones to get the fries after hearing the cook say they ran out of chicken fried steaks and fries. But again - it was busy and the food was hot and fresh. The other restaurant - same amount of time but it's a single cook and again, food hot and fresh.

Mind you this is also a town of less than 1,000 people. Their own actions on the show will hurt them just as much as these comments they've posted.
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I haven't been able to see the episode with this bistro, but have read the story about Ramsey walking out and this aftermath with social sites.

This is what I have to say:

1. Ramsay has to deal with a lot of nonsense and GIGANTIC egos in "Hell's Kitchen" and - inspite of what we see sometimes, tremendous amount of patience before he goes into his tirades. And when he tirades, 98 percent of the time they're justified.

For him to walk out of a restaurant because people are not listening to him or calling him names? - He really is truly pissed at them and will give up on them. It speaks volumes to how he truly feels, because I don't think he'd walk out of any restaurant and not help them if they wanted to at least try (which we've seen a few times).
    It really had nothing to do with that. They never said anything truly ugly to him that I can remember. It was that he realized they couldn't be helped because they weren't willing to change, so he didn't see the point of sticking around. The husband even said that Gordon was coming so that he could educate their customers about how good their food is. Probably the most delusional restaurant owners I've ever seen in the history of the show, both on Fox and on BBC America.

The footage of those people screaming at the customers who didn't pay for the pizza that they were never served - and then threatening to call the police - was CRAZY.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread