+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

Re: Kitchen Nightmares Season 3

oh snap! New menu did not work this time. Could the problem be the chef??
    Voila! 'course it is.....and Eric the Chef is fired!
    Wake up call for the owners, and hopefully with GR's offer to get in a chef, which he will also pay for, things will turn around.
    "Not just a new chapter, but a new book!" GR
    New Chef. Dramatic change in food and menu...and off we go!

with things turned around after a few hiccups, the restaurant is a success. But with 1.2 million in debt after selling their house, the owners make a hard decision to sell the restaurant and return to the construction business which was successful....

People really should learn a business before they decide to start/buy one...can't run a successful business when you have no idea what you are doing.....guess they learned a very hard lesson here.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos;4180036;
    with things turned around after a few hiccups, the restaurant is a success. But with 1.2 million in debt after selling their house, the owners make a hard decision to sell the restaurant and return to the construction business which was successful....

People really should learn a business before they decide to start/buy one...can't run a successful business when you have no idea what you are doing.....guess they learned a very hard lesson here.
    I'm on the West Coast, so haven't seen tonight's episode yet - it starts in 15 min.

I can't believe how many of these restaurateurs are hundreds of thousands of dollars (or more) in debt. You'd think they'd figure out before they got that far in debt that the business is a failure. Restaurants (as a business category) have one of the highest failure rates. You've got to have a great location, good food, good service, and buzz. I've seen restaurants with good food and service go out of business - for some reason, they just never developed a following.

I love to cook but I think if I had to cook in a restaurant, I'd end up hating cooking.

You have to be dedicated and know the business. These people hadn't a clue on how to run a restaurant. I don't thus I don't own, run or work in one.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Anyone watching KN?

Tonight 2/25
    On The Next Episode of Kitchen Nightmares…
    Chef Ramsay visits Davide, a restaurant in Boston, MA. Find out if he will be able to turn the restaurant around or if it will be forced to close its doors forever.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Anyone watching KN?

Tonight 2/25
    On The Next Episode of Kitchen Nightmares…
    Chef Ramsay visits Davide, a restaurant in Boston, MA. Find out if he will be able to turn the restaurant around or if it will be forced to close its doors forever.
    Hope I catch this one.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Anyone watching KN? Tonight 2/25 On The Next Episode of Kitchen Nightmares… Chef Ramsay visits Davide, a restaurant in Boston, MA. Find out if he will be able to turn the restaurant around or if it will be forced to close its doors forever.
    I think I've caught all the episodes this season. While there have been a few rotten food and cleanliness issues, they're fewer and farther between and not to the horrific extent they were the first season (which I'm glad to see).

I can't believe how much money most of these restaurants are losing and how awful the food apparently is.

The show's getting the a bit repetitive as the fixes are mostly the same (train someone to work the pass, teach the chefs to cook, and get a more manageable and updated menu), but the family dynamics of the owners changes it up some. Ramsey's becoming quite the therapist!

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I think I've caught all the episodes this season. While there have been a few rotten food and cleanliness issues, they're fewer and farther between and not to the horrific extent they were the first season (which I'm glad to see).

I can't believe how much money most of these restaurants are losing and how awful the food apparently is.

The show's getting the a bit repetitive as the fixes are mostly the same (train someone to work the pass, teach the chefs to cook, and get a more manageable and updated menu), but the family dynamics of the owners changes it up some. Ramsey's becoming quite the therapist!
    I like the rotten food issues... as long as its a place I never ate at!

It amazes me too how much in debt people get into. A million dollars? Wow!

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I like the rotten food issues... as long as its a place I never ate at!

[snipped]
    The problem is, the cleanliness/food quality issues aren't often apparent from the front of the house. Before this show came on, I can only recall being worried about cleanliness and food safety issues at some buffets. I'm not phobic out eating out (yet!), but now I do wonder what the kitchen's like every time I go out to eat.

I was glad to see the Boston restaurant (Davide's) on Friday night's show seems to still be doing well.

Previews made it look like in the next episode the owner throws Ramsay out. Will they kiss and make up, or will this be the first time Ramsay walks? I'm hoping he walks. If someone is so rude and ungracious and unwilling to change after asking for help, they don't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    The problem is, the cleanliness/food quality issues aren't often apparent from the front of the house. Before this show came on, I can only recall being worried about cleanliness and food safety issues at some buffets. I'm not phobic out eating out (yet!), but now I do wonder what the kitchen's like every time I go out to eat.

I was glad to see the Boston restaurant (Davide's) on Friday night's show seems to still be doing well.

Previews made it look like in the next episode the owner throws Ramsay out. Will they kiss and make up, or will this be the first time Ramsay walks? I'm hoping he walks. If someone is so rude and ungracious and unwilling to change after asking for help, they don't deserve it.
    My mom has this saying in Spanish... what doesn't kill me will make me fat. I guess you take your chance anywhere you go. The nicest places could be the worst and the "dive" the best. You just never know.

I doubt Ramsey will walk out, but it should be interesting. I'd like to see him one time say enough and leave! Don't these places volunteer themselves? So how the heck could the owner not want him there?

+ Reply to Thread