+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

Re: Kitchen Nightmares

I think they're starting to confirm they're about to go out of business by actions - the Facebook page has disappeared. As in completely - NOTHING there.

I thought it might've gone hidden, but that's not the case as when I logged out and tried to link via the search, it still went to the login page.

Someone asked on their Twitter account about it, and they said that their Facebook became infected, so they temporarily removed it. (I did not do a direct quote because I'm not sure if it's within rules here, but you can find it if you do a search for their Twitter account. This is however a paraphrase with proper grammar and spacing).

But, that said, no one else's account is down or infected with anything, and they had barely posted anything on the page save a video of someone talking about if the comments on their FB page were harassing and bullying (Some cases yes, but when *I* was banned, my comment was an "are you sure?" moment - nothing that was going after them).

Seriously, it was that video and a few memes with Amy and Samy along with a couple of pictures of them with customers. NO "hacking" type situations - or in short, they're lying.

In conclusion, they realized that AGAIN their actions on TV have further hurt them and instead of going the way of Miranda, Katy, and others who were interviewed and going the classy route (or Miranda re: the $5 tip being honest and saying when they again begged her to come back after firing her over it, "no way") and just say "We screwed up back then, we're working hard and see, we've improved thanks to our brief appearance on 'Kitchen Nightmares'."

Like I said, they've caused their own problems, and flat out lying about WHY they chose to shut down their page has now confirmed it.

I do think they can do a 180 and save themselves from destruction, but I seriously doubt it when they went the way they did. I try to be a Polyanna, being a businessperson myself, but this one looks like they shot themselves in their own foot.
    Punkin likes this.

Both Amy and Sammy are off the rails nuts. Her tirade with the "reporter" that KN sent in was ridiculous. They are both ridiculous.

I've always suspected the restaurant is a cover for money laundering or some other illegal business that Sammy looks capable of taking part in. I don't think they give a crap if it makes money or not, since I think it exists as a front and a way to give crazy Amy something to do. I honestly think Sammy looked scared of her sometimes while she was freaking out at the reporter.
    Punkin, Kip, Brooks and 2 others like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Both Amy and Sammy are off the rails nuts. Her tirade with the "reporter" that KN sent in was ridiculous. They are both ridiculous.

I've always suspected the restaurant is a cover for money laundering or some other illegal business that Sammy looks capable of taking part in. I don't think they give a crap if it makes money or not, since I think it exists as a front and a way to give crazy Amy something to do. I honestly think Sammy looked scared of her sometimes while she was freaking out at the reporter.
    My husband has said the exact same thing and I have to agree.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I don't think they give a crap if it makes money or not
    I think the point is it obviously isn't making any money and they don't give a crap/it's still inexplicably open.
    Punkin likes this.

Wow, I just watched the original ep (haven't seen the Dr Phil show or the "followup") and it was truly unbelievable. I agree, it really doesn't seem possible for her to bake all those cakes when she can't cook a few dishes in a timely fashion. Amy really reminded me of Farrah Abraham from Teen Mom. They're both completely vile people and blame others for their own problems. They are also both delusional and cannot take any criticism.

It was very telling at the start of the ep they wanted to be on the show to "prove the haters wrong" and to be assured by Chef Ramsey that they had good food and were doing a good job. That shows that they didn't really want to be helped, just wanted to be told to keep doing what they were doing.

The whole thing does seem very fishy and it could very well be some sort of coverup for something else. That would partially explain their attitudes and defensiveness.
    candor likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

My BIL is a fan of the show so he called us yesterday to tell us to watch the rerun. All I can say is "wow!" I've met some crazies in my life but never anyone as bad as Amy! I haven't seen any of the follow-up shows.

I did some internet reading and someone said Amy does not bake those cakes, they are store bought. And if you look at Yelp and other review sites, they are still in business. The reviews seem to be split almost evenly between great and awful, so I don't know if they have a PR firm faking the good reviews or if some people really have enjoyed the food. I think the reason they are staying in business is 1) people are curious since seeing the show so they eat there to see what the hype is about and 2) I agree with other posters that maybe it's a money laundering front for Samy, lol.

Amy did time in prison for using someone else's SS# to apply for a bank loan and I can totally see her doing something like that. She is absolutely certifiably cuckoo for cocoa puffs crazy!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    My BIL is a fan of the show so he called us yesterday to tell us to watch the rerun. All I can say is "wow!" I've met some crazies in my life but never anyone as bad as Amy! I haven't seen any of the follow-up shows.

I did some internet reading and someone said Amy does not bake those cakes, they are store bought. And if you look at Yelp and other review sites, they are still in business. The reviews seem to be split almost evenly between great and awful, so I don't know if they have a PR firm faking the good reviews or if some people really have enjoyed the food. I think the reason they are staying in business is 1) people are curious since seeing the show so they eat there to see what the hype is about and 2) I agree with other posters that maybe it's a money laundering front for Samy, lol.

Amy did time in prison for using someone else's SS# to apply for a bank loan and I can totally see her doing something like that. She is absolutely certifiably cuckoo for cocoa puffs crazy!
    I've trusted the 2 and 3-star reviews the most - they have been "Food's OK, but not worth the money." They also aren't clearly ones that show that the folks are just using what Ramsay ate as part of their story. You can tell they've actually ate there.

I DO however think a majority of the 5-star reviews are done by Amy or people who know her or were paid to give those reviews. You DO NOT basically use super descriptive words or "I literally ate every crumb" in reviews without starting to sound suspicious (in fairness, I say the same with the extremely gross descriptions of the food).

Ones I trust - i.e. adding extra oil onto the hummus, are more reliable because honestly, adding that extra oil only adds to frustration of eating it (well that complaint and the fact you MUST buy the bread separately - they don't even have crackers or - cost is cheap - veggies to dip them in).

Oh and ANY that tell people to hate on Ramsay, that Amy is the most "beautiful person in the world" (she is pretty, but looks have nothing to do with food - and her Tweets show her attitude isn't beautiful) are flat out and out NOT reliable (and yes, same with the flip attacking Amy personally - I take it for what it is, TRUE bullying).

I think there are plenty of people who come into that store simply because they're curious, and then Amy complains about them not buying anything. Well, sorry sugar, people go into stores all the time to look and change their mind. I personally have walked out of several stores because no one even greeted me - and it was a nearly empty store (less than 2 people other than workers) and I stood there looking at the items they had for at least 5 minutes. When I started walking out and they greeted me, I said "I'm sorry, I've changed my mind" and continue.

If walkouts are a problem - come in look around, leave - maybe she should think that it's NOT because folks want to harass her and Samy but because maybe they're not promptly greeted at least and make them wait. Given their clear argumentative behavior (showed in both their episode AND the follow-up) people aren't going to wait for Amy/Samy to come over and harass them if they've been waiting so long.

In short, as much as Amy doth protest "Ramsay lied/edited stuff to make me look bad/etc." she needs to accept that the ONLY reason she is even relevant now is because of that show. NO ONE forced her to sign the contract, and she obviously didn't read it - letting her ego of being on TV cloud her judgement. Anyone with half a mind knows to look into what they're agreeing to do, and "Kitchen Nightmares" would clearly be on the contract for HER benefit (you would be paid separately for other shows related to Ramsay with a new contract).

I also don't get how she would THINK that she'd be immune to a follow-up either - she claims that Ramsay was "Not allowed" to do that. For starters - it was clear she hadn't watched the show to begin with (nor understood the word "nightmare" obviously), but it became clearer when she FAILED to realize there had been several "follow-up" specials on restaurants.

Also, when they came to the store, it could've been a whole "See, we're succeeding on our own, but thank Ramsay for coming in and giving people the opportunity to see our restaurant. Also, when he pointed out the problems with our restaurant, we were angry, but after thinking about it, we realized he was right and simplified our recipes and now folks come flying in."

She could've turned it into such a positive TRUE "in your face."

Instead, all Amy and Samy did was blame Ramsay for their "problems" and "bad editing" (but reality is - you give them nothing but excuses, odd behavior, and anger, what ARE you going to do with the footage?) Then adding the whole "We have customers 'bully' us by going in looking around and seeing if it's real, then leaving'" is ridiculous in the sheer obvious daily behavior of "If you are to busy or ignore me as a potential customer, I'm leaving" is rather normal.

Now, I'm NOT saying that Amy may have had a few people harass her, such as the rubber cockroach on a plate, but I think they're few and far between compared to just folks being normal folks, interests piqued, and if they aren't acknowledge for coming in except to be "bullies" or "harassers" then yeah... can't blame anyone but yourself Amy.

I just think she needs to realize that Ramsay isn't the reason for her problems, he just brought them to light. She should've known that Ramsay's shows save Masterchef honestly (and here it's sadly starting to get into a Hollywood style drama stuff) and MC Jr. (which if they do the drama stuff like MC this season I'll turn it off immediately) are NOT going to be positive about the restaurant or people. Her ineptitude to actually READ the contract and signed it - when she could've said NO to the show, clearly shows she put her ego first, and when it was busted, she blamed everyone but herself.

And yes, without KN now, she'd probably be out of business by now.

(Of note, yes I KNOW this is a long analysis of said company, but it irritates me that this restaurant gets all this publicity for being uber idiots while good reputable businesses get ignored or no PR and struggle daily to stay open - and they ARE good eats. If there was one positive - Pita Jungle apparently has had business soar even more because of the publicity of ABC.)

WOW. The crazy runs far and fast with these people:

'Kitchen Nightmares' Star -- Threatens to Kill Restaurant Patron ... WITH A KNIFE

57 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

Amy's Baking Company founder Samy Bouzaglo -- who appeared on "Kitchen Nightmares" -- attacked someone with a knife outside his restaurant Saturday ... and the footage is CRAZY!

The person who shot the video says a drunk guy was eating at the Scottsdale restaurant when Samy's wife Amy Bouzaglo became enraged and ordered him to leave -- and he did.

But Samy wasn't done with him. The video shows him outside -- waving a knife -- going after the guy. You hear him scream to his wife, "Let me!"

Samy eventually backed off, the guy left.

We called the Bouzaglo's ... and they INSIST Samy was holding a pen -- not a knife.

And you thought Gordon Ramsay was intense.

Read more: 'Kitchen Nightmares' Star -- Threatens to Kill Restaurant Patron ... WITH A KNIFE | TMZ.com
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Didn't look like a pen to me! Shouldn't something in that video qualify as a crime? Attempted assault with a deadly weapon? (Is that a crime?)
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

No surprise here! Those two are a murder waiting to happen. Though I suspect Samy has had his hand in some "accidents".
    AZChristian likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread