+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

Re: Kitchen Nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by annifran View Post
    I always thought it was against the law for a restaurant owner to withhold tips from his/her employees. I've never ever heard of this--pooling tips among employees to share later, yes.

And I laughed out loud when Sammy said he paid them $8.00 - $14.00 an hour ........ ya, right. THAT I am so sure was a full blown LIE!!!!
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My first inclination was to comment that Arizona is referred to as a "Right to Work" state. Employers pretty much hold all the cards, up to and including that employees can pretty much be fired for anything.

However, according to the US Department of Labor:

"Retention of Tips: A tip is the sole property of the tipped employee regardless of whether the employer takes a tip credit. The FLSA prohibits any arrangement between the employer and the tipped employee whereby any part of the tip received becomes the property of the employer. For example, even where a tipped employee receives at least $7.25 per hour in wages directly from the employer, the employee may not be required to turn over his or her tips to the employer."

That's pretty straightforward.

And I don't believe for a second that any of those servers were making $14 an hour.
    Punkin, momrek06 and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    And I laughed out loud when Sammy said he paid them $8.00 - $14.00 an hour ........ ya, right. THAT I am so sure was a full blown LIE!!!!
    We said the same thing, tight little nitwit wouldn't fork out that much
    dagwood, momrek06 and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

According to Sammy, Gordon is jealous of his balls...and were not talking chicken balls here either.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Punkin likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Okay, so Samy tiptoes around Amy and doesn't tell her the customers send back her food. Gordon lays it all out for her, even though she's in denial.

Who has balls?

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Okay, so Samy tiptoes around Amy and doesn't tell her the customers send back her food. Gordon lays it all out for her, even though she's in denial.

Who has balls?
    LOL I know, I know - Gordon has the balls!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Just caught the show online. I don't know, maybe she has tourette's, but how the heck do you blame that on customers and people online? I think tourette's is believed to be a neurological disorder, not simply a behavioural one.

It's just so awful and insane, it actually made me sad to watch this second installment. I just can't fathom how they can't understand that they need to walk away from the online stuff. Walk away... take Samy's money and go find a deserted island and live out their delusional lives there. Crazy, crazy.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

What did you all think of Amy's comment about NO MEN CHEF in her kitchen. They have very big egos. And she does not want any men touching her in the kitchen when she is cooking.

Whatttttttttttt kind of nonsense is THAT???
    bee stung lips likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Just caught the show online. I don't know, maybe she has tourette's, but how the heck do you blame that on customers and people online? I think tourette's is believed to be a neurological disorder, not simply a behavioural one.

It's just so awful and insane, it actually made me sad to watch this second installment. I just can't fathom how they can't understand that they need to walk away from the online stuff. Walk away... take Samy's money and go find a deserted island and live out their delusional lives there. Crazy, crazy.
    Tourette syndrome IS neurological, so unless it's been a recent diagnosis (unlikely but possible), it's an attempt for sympathy. (And honestly if it is true, she should've given this info to production because Ramsay is fair to folk who have that problem.)

But that said you can't blame folks for your behavior. I have a job where folks accuse me of stuff I can PROVE I am not at fault but I would never treat the customer that way.

Their lies and deceit were shown yesterday and it could probably put the nail in the coffin, but this time they have no one to blame for themselves in the comments on yesterday's show.

(of note, I do think Yelp may need to block comments on the place for a week and cut most of the spam out.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Amy mentioned Tourettes at one point. Is that possible? Perhaps explain her inability to stop for air when she's agitated?
    She wasn't saying she had Tourettes, she was talking about how she would love to be ladylike but all the haters make her the way she is, to sound like she has Tourettes.

Obviously she knows nothing about Tourettes. It isn't constant swearing, it is tics. It shows up in different ways in different people. I know people that have to deal with it that comments like that offend them greatly. Not surprising from her, though. She is an offensive wench.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread