+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Kitchen Nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    They want to get their restaurant back on track? Hire a good chef and be EXTRA nice to your staff and your customers. I wouldn't use a groupon at that place as it stands.
    I wouldn't see it as a discount on a meal . . . I'd see it as a discount on entertainment. LOL.
    libgirl2, spockwhat and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I wouldn't see it as a discount on a meal . . . I'd see it as a discount on entertainment. LOL.

AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

I want to make it clear - I do not like Dr. Phil. There are several reasons why, but on occasion he does give some good advice, and this is one of those cases.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    They are and remain as cray cray as the KN episode.
    Punkin, Amy stated on Dr. Phil that she has lost 60 pounds over this whole ordeal. They have gotten more than their share of HATE mail and HATE reviews and HATE calls on their phone. Their restaurant is failing terribly and Amy and Sammy think its because of the HATERS .......... hello its NOT the haters its YOU TWO!!!
    If she's lost that much in a year, it's super unhealthy. I've personally done what she did (though I was the employee), and it took a very weird spell (I had essentially passed out on my mom while talking on the phone - but was awake) to realize I wasn't taking care of myself. Unlike Amy sadly, what that scare did to me started me on the right track - I chose to take a lesser paying job and work part time there and part time at the original job. Was working 6 days a week but having a blast at the other job, which forced me to eat more (I was a costumed character at a theme park, so your energy has to be up).

People will call up and make reservations and they said "no one ever shows up". Amy said when she sees those bad lying reviews all over the place she HAS TO ATTACK as she is a SNAKE and she will not sit back and allow the HATERS to get away with that so she ATTACKS back. Dr. Phil said "WHATTTTTTT, WHYYYYYYY would you do that" ... he explained to them that they are no one to them. That you are talking to a computer. He said UNPLUG the computer back away from it and she SCREAMS "and what don't answer my phone and close my restaurant" at which Phil basically had his own meltdown and looked directly at her and said to them "have you not been listening to me this whole time" ... yup Dr. Phil saw with his own eyes that THEY ARE DELUSIONAL.
    I don't get this either for another reason - they say you don't have to do reservations. Now they do?

And it's painfully obvious reading Yelp that Amy is attacking back supporting her company as other users while the haters go out and troll instead of review on the restaurant. What's sad though is some of the legitimate reviews have also been pulled in the melee, and they've said "Decent enough food, but overpriced for what you get" and biggest complaints besides a rehash of Ramsay's descriptions of the food is that it's ridiculous to spend $5 MORE for fries on top of a $15 burger.

But Phil's right as I've mentioned - she's just got to ignore them and in the case of reservations, just up and follow protocol that if there's someone who comes in to eat and that reservation is a no-show, put the person in who is going to eat there first. With her place, it's obvious to take the smaller chance the reservation will come through and go for the guaranteed money. Given too most of the legit reviews I've read say that there are maybe 6 covers during rush hour, there's high chance they'd get in there anyway.

Dr. Phil had a Professional talk to them on how to get their restaurant back on track ... one of the things this Professional stated was to use 'groupons' or offer 'coupons' to get the masses back in there and get your restaurant back up and running and to show your Community that you want them back.................WELL, Sammy said "NO NO NO, no groupons no coupons". He stated "our food is so good, if you want to come there and eat, then you need to PAY FOR IT." Dr. Phil and Professional man had NO WORDS after that comment.

GAWD.

I then went to their FB page and it was once again filling up with hate messages for them upon this show airing.

GAWD.
    In short - they're self-sabotaging themselves. Groupons may cost a bit of money, but if you have the right staff you can work through them.

This shows me that they seriously are only the two of them and a dishwasher - no waitstaff. You couldn't handle a Groupon situation if you have a staff that small.

Seriously, this couple is hurting themselves by stooping to the trolls' level. I have my detractors for my work, and have a few mess with stuff, have me adjust my jewelry to fit them and not paying (I've had to since say that if I adjust something for them it will have to be paid for - at least the adjusting fee of $5), but I would never be ugly to the customer like Amy and Samy have been.

I'm no hater - I TRULY would like to see them wake up to the real world and succeed so they could TRULY prove the haters wrong.

But they're not, they're wallowing in self-pity and trying to become victims when a concussed gnat knows that they're only doing this to themselves by staying at the same low levels as the troll under the bridge.

I mean, I even read the Yelp for Pita Jungle, the group who is next to ABC. They have had several negative reviews, but the owner thanks them for the review, tells them to please e-mail them and they'll fix it. Haven't read updates so it *does* make me wonder if some are trolls trying to hurt that group too, but they still show a higher class of response to dissension of their food.

Meaning - I'd go to Pita Jungle before I'd go to ABC based on how they handle customers on their reviews. I may be disappointed but I know that my disappointment will be treated with respect and a knowledge they'll work hard to fix it.
    Kip and momrek06 like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Watching the sequel right now...anyone else? I'm getting popcorn for this...LOL
    momrek06 and Photobabe like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I have three more hours.......and then I will have my POPCORN!!!
    Punkin and bee stung lips like this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I am, !!!
    momrek06 and bee stung lips like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

I have three more hours.......and then I will have my POPCORN!!!
    LOL Well it promises to be a good one!
    momrek06 likes this.

Losing 60 pounds is another delusion.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am, !!!
    When they showed those flashback clips a few minutes ago...it left me just as speechless as it did a year ago...WOW.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Losing 60 pounds is another delusion.
    Really, she does not look like she has lost 60 pounds?
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread