+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

Re: Kitchen Nightmares

Oh my gosh, I had never seen this episode of Amy's Baking Company but I sure had heard enough about it. I am shocked and a little scared because that Amy lady is not acting. Wow, just wow that lady , and husband, are nuts !

I'm glad I rewatched it. I had forgotten just how really and truly nuts those people are.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I am in CALI I have 30 minutes more!

I watched the first time this was on!

I am looking forward to seeing it again! lol

Can you say "TRAINWRECK"!!!!!!!!!!!
    KAREN

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Nope. Hubby still doesn't want to go up there for lunch one day. He says he'd rather actually get to EAT when he goes to a restaurant. He can be SUCH a stick in the mud sometimes!

Its probably too late for everyone but right now (3pm Cali time) AMY and her Hubby are on DR. PHIL.

I am taping it to watch later on.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Its probably too late for everyone but right now (3pm Cali time) AMY and her Hubby are on DR. PHIL.

I am taping it to watch later on.
    Please dish when you are done watching it!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I'm glad I rewatched it. I had forgotten just how really and truly nuts those people are.
    Me too. When I saw it again, I was even more horrified then the first time!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I had not seen the original show on Kitchen Nightmares, but did see previews for today's Dr. Phil show. I had a doctor appointment this afternoon, and would miss the beginning of the show, so I dvr'd it.

When I got home, the President was on TV giving a speech at Ft. Hood. So I missed most of the show.

I have set up the DVR to record the show tomorrow on the CW network. They replay Dr. Phil shows a day later...so this will be on again tomorrow. My CW network airs Dr. Phil shows at 7 p.m. So if anyone missed it today, check to see if you have the CW network on your TV channels, and see if they air Dr. Phil.
    Kip and libgirl2 like this.

I think what gets me most about the recent posts and comments about Amy's Baking Company is that there is a clear case of delusion the couple still has.

Amy has mentioned that if she knew the amount of hatred she'd get she wouldn't have signed the contract. My honest question is - besides the fact these contracts LIST what show you will be on (and yes, I've been in a film and have read contracts for reality shows - turned down the latter as it'd taken away might right to perform some of my juggling routines), wouldn't she have actually WATCHED the show first before she even accepted it? I mean - both versions (UK and US) Ramsay is harsh (just the UK version he's not nearly as melodramatic - yes, that I will concede, but I blame the US for that, not him)?

I do agree that those who wish physical harm on her and Samy are going too far, but a lot of her troubles came out of her own vanity to prove haters wrong. She was so deep in her lust for revenge that she failed to realize that what she was signing would only exacerbate the negative and hopefully accentuate the positive.

She still is quite negative about the show - even mentioning on Twitter that most of the stores Ramsay has helped have closed down. Now, not only is that NOT TRUE (it's a smaller percentage than she claims to attempt to show she's "victorious"), the ones that have closed down were so deep in debt and other issues that it wouldn't have mattered unless they did 120% better and we know that's not possible. A lot of those that did close down however closed down more than a year later - they weren't just air the show and die out right afterward. Others closed down for reasons of health or retirement or other issues OTHER than money or the notoriety (good and bad) of being on Kitchen Nightmares.

I think she realized she made a mistake far too late and is trying to now get the sympathy vibe... THOUGH she still allows folks on FB to troll her and say hateful things while banning others for simply asking honest questions about her store or the legality of trying to create a reality show (which BTW, if she said a reality show was DESTROYING her business, why do one to try and show POSITIVES when the editors can still edit it negative?) and NOT attacking her.

Rest assured - she wants that trolling and hate - at least for the purposes of media attention. If she really wanted to silence the haters she wouldn't get on TV or other avenues to expose it. Trolls like bullies die out when they don't have the person they're going after returning flak at them.

Tomorrow's show will be very interesting to watch. I just hope I remember it's on so I can see it. Something tells me however that even she knows that she has said more things that will hurt this store, and given that they have just the two of them and a dishwasher running the joint and KNOWING that it will not be enough to cover enough tables to keep it open, (which is why it's $20 for a burger and fries at their place - $15 burger, $5 ADDITIONAL for the fries), her claims they're "Stronger than ever" are honestly nothing more than an attempt to save the restaurant in real life.

It's a shame too - they had the opportunity to become even better, they spit in Ramsay's face then blame him for their troubles. There were so many ways to show him up, but they haven't been successful and I honestly doubt they will ever succeed. This is ESPECIALLY true when you give people footage to edit you in the way they've been edited.
    Punkin and libgirl2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Trolls like bullies die out when they don't have the person they're going after returning flak at them.
    I only saw the last 20 minutes of Dr. Phil (who I really don't like) and Amy looks like she lost a lot of weight. She is wafer thin. But her hair was done nicely and her eye makeup was more subdued. She was calm and poised, but earlier I think they showed the audience some of the more rabid scenes from KN. The advice she received was just as above: ignore them and don't feed the fire. She said, "What should we do? Turn off our phones?" Phil thought she was being defensive and sarcastic again, but she explained they get nasty calls at the restaurant all day long and people call and make phony reservations. They have built up such a local cult of haters that they can't even carry on with normal business. She's been "returning flak" so viciously that her haters are just having their fires stoked. If anyone sees the whole Dr. Phil could you tell me what happened in the first 40 minutes?

jadewarlock is a juggler! SMH. Who'd a thunk?

+ Reply to Thread