+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

Re: Kitchen Nightmares Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4160579;

Actually, I did say I would ask for his autograph and then get the heck out of there. GR sitting in a restaurant with tv cameras on him is generally NOT a good sign.

Though you might be able to get a free meal (hopefully after!)
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

I would hope they don't stage the rotten food and cleanliness issues -- that would be really nasty to do as as MHCarrolton says, it could harm the restaurant's reputation going into the future.

There have been some episodes where there were no health or cleanliness issues.

I don't have a problem with seeing GR find rancid food as long as the cooler's clean and there's no evidence that the rancid food is being used. This restaurant's food storage areas looked clean and well organized (though overstocked). Was the dead lobster in with the live lobsters a health issue? I honestly don't know. It seems yucky, but would there be any health issues after boiling the live ones? The chicken must have not been too stinky for everyone not to have noticed it. While I don't want to eat over-the-hill chicken, it would be for taste issues rather than health issues at that level of "ripeness".

What scares me more are the restaurants that had the poultry touching or dripping onto other stuff, or raw and cooked chicken stored in adjacent open bins. Or the Mexican restaurant that kept mixing new batches of rice in with the old. Ramsey's "finds" probably say a lot the quality of the restaurant inspection program in each city. One of the restaurants in the first season an Indian restaurant in the heart of NYC. Besides rotten food, there were cockroaches, flies, and rats. There were flies in the bag of lettuce from which Ramsey's salad had been made. That place was so gross that I can't imagine it was ever inspected (or if it was, the inspectors didn't care or were bribed).
    Last edited by Kip; 01-24-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Paragraphs: I hate it when I'm logged in, write a post, say submit, have to log in again and all my paragraphs are removed.

Great episode. Amazing that this restaurant never lacked customers considering how many other Spanish restaurants are nearby. There were plenty of customers all the time!

Imagine they are trying to support all the family members on the restaurant and it's $600K in the hole. Ouch. I hope they are able to pull out and keep it going now.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4164277;
    Great episode. Amazing that this restaurant never lacked customers considering how many other Spanish restaurants are nearby. There were plenty of customers all the time!

Imagine they are trying to support all the family members on the restaurant and it's $600K in the hole. Ouch. I hope they are able to pull out and keep it going now.
    Didn't they say early on that the restaurant clientele had deteriorated to the point where they sometimes only served 12 meals on a Saturday night? I think the "plenty of customers" shown on the program were probably thanks to the production staff going in to drum up business, or notices in the local newspaper - from which diners were selected in advance.

Another new episode tonight.
    KAREN

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I've actually never watched this show but tonight's episode features a restaurant we've actually been to but it was quite a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4169076;
    I've actually never watched this show but tonight's episode features a restaurant we've actually been to but it was quite a while ago.
    Was it good when you went? To me it looked like more of a case of complete disorganization (no menus etc....) then just bad cooking.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4169354;
    Was it good when you went? To me it looked like more of a case of complete disorganization (no menus etc....) then just bad cooking.

We actually went there for a cousin's 40th birthday party, a few years ago. It was just run of the mill. I think since then it has undergone a change of owners...I think the new owners were the former waitresses there. I didn't see the episode so I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4169453;
    We actually went there for a cousin's 40th birthday party, a few years ago. It was just run of the mill. I think since then it has undergone a change of owners...I think the new owners were the former waitresses there. I didn't see the episode so I am not sure.
    The food did look fairly average at the start. I checked their website and there are the new dishes on the menu. They have several pics up and it does look like "Ramsey" style food!

New episode tonight.

Bottom line is: "no one wants to work" The owners don't want to and obviously the chef does not want to.

Spoiled food in storage, of course.

People on the street say the food is not good. Chef not willing to take blame and laughs, thinking the video was not real.

So how will GR get them to work ??

A new menu of course!!

+ Reply to Thread