+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Kitchen Nightmares

I'm going to have to drive myself up there one day soon. Not this week . . . maybe next week.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'm going to have to drive myself up there one day soon. Not this week . . . maybe next week.
    Good luck and hope it's open if you do go. My sister and brother-in-law went over there during a day they WERE supposed to be open (Tuesday) and during an open hour, and it was closed.

Add to it they put up a sign saying they welcome everyone - with the rainbow flag and the like, to try and drum up attention to themselves (due to the debate over that bill, so trying to draw the news to them) also clearly shows that they're desperate for business.

(Please note, I'm not speaking for or against anyone or anything - it's an assessment of the desperation of this duo - trying to stay in business - compared to what they're claiming - that it's been hugely successful).
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.

I watched the original Amy Bakery episode (from last May) last evening. If the only things we knew about the restaurant were from the show I'd have to say it was faked, no one could be that delusional. Just. Jawdropping.
    Punkin likes this.

I watched it again, too. Trust me, from everything I've read (in local news), Amy and Sammy ARE that delusional. I've decided not to go up there, because the food just looks awful, and I wouldn't want to give even a penny to them.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

I thought the bakery items were supposed to be rather tasty. ;^)

I also wanted to mention it's the first time on Kitchen Nightmares, or really any reality show, that I've seen any of the camera set up. I had assumed it was live cameramen but apparently every(?)thing was ceiling or wall-mounted.

Bakery items were tasty because they came from another company. All she did was to cut them and put them on plates, in spite of the fact that she clearly said upon meeting Gordon that she made them all herself.

Owning a garage doesn't make you a car, any more than owning a restaurant makes you a chef.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post

I also wanted to mention it's the first time on Kitchen Nightmares, or really any reality show, that I've seen any of the camera set up. I had assumed it was live cameramen but apparently every(?)thing was ceiling or wall-mounted.
    Well if you want to see something really unique but very annoying THIS season of MTV's Real World/San Francisco, MTV has decied to FOLLOW THE house guests all around with cameramen and it looks so DUMB.

All the cameramen are seen all over the house 24/7 from all inside the house to the night clubs to the gym to the store to restaurants etc etc. ODD to say the least.
    Last edited by momrek06; 02-28-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    KAREN

Bakery items were tasty because they came from another company. All she did was to cut them and put them on plates
    Yup, I know that from reading here (which made it funny watching those segments last night.) It's why I sarcastically suggested it. ;^) I agree it would be shame to throw any money in their direction.
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.

Bakery items were tasty because they came from another company. All she did was to cut them and put them on plates, in spite of the fact that she clearly said upon meeting Gordon that she made them all herself.
    I'm sure she would say something like she said about the fact she was caught using store bought ravioli. She basically said that all chefs use things they buy from other sources. If I remember right she said something like, "what chef makes their own butter?" Of course cutting a cake, putting it on a plate with some wiped cream or some other side doesn't qualify as making something in anyone's mind. Do I assume that EVERY Cheesecake Factory makes their some of their own cheesecakes, no. But I do assume that someone within the company does. Since she is one location she doesn't have that luxury. Also if someone specifically asks if you make your own ravioli, pasta, etc. you shouldn't lie about it. Unless you have a pasta making machine and actually used it, you can't say you made it. Boiling it or heating it up from the freezer doesn't count.

There is a restaurant near me that has excellent desserts, if you ask whether they make them or not they tell you exactly which ones are made in house (the Turkish ones) and which ones aren't (cakes, etc.) Every restaurant should be so forthcoming.
    Last edited by marauder; 02-28-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Something is DEFINITELY wrong at Amy's Baking Company now... and it must be legal.

Their Facebook page is still there, but it's been completely wiped of articles regarding anything about them or other shows.

Something tells me there is a suit between them and FOX and they're trying to hide evidence (which won't happen - there's enough snippets out there to prove otherwise), OR... and yes, even I hope this is the case out of the two for them... they are truly going out of business and have decided to just start cleaning up (though if this is the case I don't know why they didn't just remove the page.

And it would also explain why they delayed the showing of "KN" for some time and are instead going with "Hell's Kitchen." I will NEVER look at those contestants with disdain again: They know what they're getting into and are willing to be a part of it, warts and all, and take it for what it is overall. I may not necessarily like the contestants, but heck, they've got my respect for that simple reason. They take the punches because they know they'll happen.

Amy and Samy I think have succeeded in mouthing their way to a lawsuit.
    Brooks likes this.

+ Reply to Thread