+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

Re: Kitchen Nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I don't watch cooking shows as a rule and have only seen Chef Gordon on previews for "Hell's Kitchen" and didn't like him much from what I saw. So I'd never have discovered "Kitchen Nightmares" had not this bozo couple stirred up such a firestorm a few weeks ago. I watched it and couldn't believe it! I came away with a different opinion of Ramsey though, and have found 2 Seasons of "KN" on Netflix. I'm up to episode 36 and really love the Chef! He really does care to give the owners and chefs the tools and information they need to save their restaurants. Usually even the most stubborn will come around in the end and give their business a fighting chance. A pretty humbling experience for many of them. I like the "fix-it" shows like Tabatha and Bar Rescue, so this is now on my DVR. (Any other good "fix-it" shows out there? I'll happily take recommendations!)

So, this 'failure' of Ramsey's has made a fan of me and given his show great exposure thanks to these two nut cases. I'd love to see Sami deported and Amy can take her God Given talents to the Holy Land.
    To me there are two Gordon Ramsay's:

1. The one that can be considered a nightmare of his own and yells at the cooks in "Hell's Kitchen" and

2. The side that is tough, but caring and compassionate toward those who are seriously trying to cook/learn to cook/improve their restaurants.

On "MasterChef" yesterday, even though it was a set up on Luca to think he had been eliminated again this year, you could tell in his face and mannerisms he meant exactly what he said that Luca had improved and about his passion. It wasn't just the "fooled you" bit.

When I saw this episode of "KN" in its entirety, I have to say that Ramsay's reactions were sincere. I truly think he wanted this group to succeed - in spite of the fact they made it clear they wanted him there to validate their views and not reviewers' on other sites and in spite of all the nonsense going on there. Sometimes I think he even thought "If they're acting they got lessons from me because this is genuine anger."

Whether this couple likes it or not, they gave the show plenty of footage to be edited this way. Or worse - if the rumors are true, intentionally acted this way to get PR so they could get their own reality TV show (there are actually talks about this happening on a different network).

But this place is doomed I feel because there are STILL comments and reports of fruit flies being found in food and other items. Of course Sami is now saying that the fruit flies are being brought in to deliberately sabotage them. I'm thinking "the particular dish you brought out (key lime pie) should be refrigerated if not at least covered. How can THEY sabotage the meal?"

"To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Oy vey
    momrek06 likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    Oy vey
    well said...
    momrek06 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Ugh.
    KAREN

<---- will not watch.

I had no idea she spent time in jail for SSN fraud. What a pair.
    momrek06 and jucamer like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

This is where you hope that the company that produces "KN" puts a cease and desist on them, citing in the contract that the couple signed they cannot be in any PR/shows for at least six months if not longer. It DOES help though they have a history that they were going to slander "KN" and Ramsay too in order to stop production on this show.

But it is quite clear that they are not doing well - contrary to a few five star ratings on one rating site they hate (most think they're created by them or friends/family), and this is one of those ways to try and save it.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Oh, my, guess who's back in the news again! I would have thought this restaurant would have closed by now, but I suppose they got a lot of business from people wanting to witness the train wreck first hand. The story doesn't say whether or not they're still open, so maybe they have closed.

'No talking' and 'a $250 fine if you can't work weekends': The strict employee rules at infamous restaurant ditched by Gordon Ramsay in Kitchen Nightmares | Mail Online

According to rule 20, no one can work for a competitor 'within a 50 mile radius of ABC within one year of termination or voluntary resignation, without prior authorization.

'Nor shall you be allowed to open your own business of the same type, within the above mentioned radius.'

I've never heard of waitstaff having to sign non-compete agreements. That's nuts that a fired waiter or cook couldn't look for another similar job.

One commenter to this story said something like the only reason to eat there is to blog about it later or report it to the Dept of Labor! LOL

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Who the heck would even sign an agreement like that???

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fan

I could be wrong, but my impression was that this isn't a new contract, but something from longer ago that was just "leaked" to the public recently.

+ Reply to Thread