+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares

FORT Fogey

Re: Kitchen Nightmares

It will be on youtube for a long time; it is getting hundreds of hits daily.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Wow. I can't imagine how any of the staff managed to work there for more than a day or two.
    I can't imagine how none of the parents of those high-school-aged "food runners" didn't go there and pull the kids' tip money out of Sami's a$$. I suspect that part of the reason that they've been through 100 employees in the past year is because a lot of them quit when they realized they weren't going to get their tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I just watched the ABC episode. Wow! I've never seen anything like that. That woman has some serious mental health issues and her husband is enabling her in her crazyness. So sad. I wonder how long before the place closes?
    If their "fans" on other sites continue to help out - I'd say at most a year if they're lucky. Realistically three months.

Their "grand reopening" Tuesday has already had an article out there mentioning they're hiring staff from a company to serve the food (not their own waitstaff).

The owners of this restaurant bring back a negative time in my life. I was hired to work as a server for a new restaurant in a town I lived in. (Please note, I do NOT nor ever lived in Arizona, so I never was part of this ABC company).

Watching this show, they did some things there that make me react so negatively to this group - my case one of the owners called and said that they were originally going to move me to welcome desk but chose to have me as a server (never mind that they knew this was my first job in this industry), then said I was going to be unable to do the soft serve before the opening - nevermind the fact they said EVERYONE HIRED was going to work it. Reason? - not experienced which again lead me to the conclusion they didn't want me there to begin with. I got a better job anyway, one that'd pay more, so I essentially walked off (quit).

Oh - and this is something that the ABC company can learn from this story - the new restaurant I was going to work in was out of business within three months BECAUSE of decisions like this.

finally watched this show. Un-frigging believable. Wow!!! I can't believe these people are still in business. They must have to import workers in from another state by now as I doubt they would be able to get anyone from their area to work for them once anyone that quit started talking or if they saw the show.

The problems just keep coming for these people:
    Amy's Baking Company Owner, Sami Bouzaglo, Reportedly In Deportation Hearings

The Huffington Post | By Ryan Grenoble Posted: 05/22/2013 7:51 pm EDT | Updated: 05/23/2013 9:09 am EDT

Amy's Baking Company has had a rough go recently, and it may yet get worse: Sami Bouzaglo, one of the restaurant's owners, may be facing deportation.

According to a report in The Arizona Republic, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials are investigating Bouzaglo, an Israeli citizen, regarding time he spent in prison prior to his immigrating to the United States. Bouzaglo's immigration lawyer did not disclose details of the case to the Republic, but the paper, citing a "high-ranking law enforcement source," reports that Bouzaglo's international record hints at involvement in "drug distribution, threats, and extortion."

The Scottsdale, Ariz., restaurant originally soared to infamous heights after a disastrous "Kitchen Nightmares" episode appeared to trigger a self-destruct sequence on the company's Facebook page. Owners Sami Bouzaglo and his wife, Amy, later stated the bizarre, profane posts ("You people are all s***," "I AM NOT STUPID ALL OF YOU ARE," among others) were the work of a hacker.

More recently, the restaurant's PR firm, Rose+Moser+Allyn, which was hired specifically to manage the resulting storm of negative publicity, quit. Company spokesman Jason Rose diplomatically explained to Fox News, "It's fair to say, that while we were in agreement on some approaches, there was disagreement on others."

The report of Bouzaglo's deportation hearings comes less than a day after Amy's Baking Company marked its "grand reopening."

This just gets better and better.
    Punkin and sweetpea like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

deportation? wow these two open a can of worms....I have a feeling her baking company won't be around much longer -- they did this to themselves.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The problems just keep coming for these people:

This just gets better and better.
    Lol....now that's what I call karma.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Isn't it TOTALLY SHOCKING that he might be linked to extortion and making threats? If he's linked to drugs as well, that could explain his crazy wife.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Fort Member

"Are you sure?"

I apologize to all, I had completely forgotten how that statement can be such a personal insult to people, completely inappropriate, rude, obnoxious statement
    No need to fire me I will just leave
    Punkin, Kip and just1paul like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lucynda View Post
    "are you sure?"

i apologize to all, i had completely forgotten how that statement can be such a personal insult to people, completely inappropriate, rude, obnoxious statement
    no need to fire me i will just leave
    lmfao
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread