+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Heavy (A&E)

Re: Heavy (A&E)

The first five episodes were in Texas and the next 4 will be in South Carolina.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I really enjoy this show! More than the Biggest Loser which I have practically stopped watching. You get so invested in the 2 people, and want them to do well.
    I completely agree. I stopped watching Biggest Loser because I got tired of the yelling at the clients but mostly, I hated the elimination procedure. All the people there, really needed help. It's not the same as a game show where the prize is a lot of money. In that case, it doesn't matter if they're eliminated or not. In these people's case, it could be life or death, not just extra money. I also hated the weigh-in sessions.
    Sometimes a person's own physiology and chemistry can interfere with the amount of weight lost, even if all other things are equal. It just seemed a little too humiliating for me.

I liked the change of location and the new treatment of 6 months constant care. While it's all encompassing to leave your life for 6 months I think Ronnie had the quote of "6 months for a lifetime"--or something to that effect. He is right. It seemed that they lost more weight and kept it off for at least 3 months post facility. I'd assume in 6 months you are going to learn more and break old habbits better. For these people it means the difference between life and death. The new trainers were fairly blah, but I did like the young male trainer alot--probably my fav so far in the series. He was very supportive yet firm and seemed to try to connect on a personal life coach type of level as well--even helping Debbie with her social issues. Agree with above statements that perhaps Debbie had some abuse in her past, she has all the typical characteristics of someone dealing/hiding a horrible situation. Also agree with posters that the female trainer and lifecoach woman were straight out of the Jane Fonda era and while they might get results (and that's what counts) as a viewer I found them very uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I liked the change of location and the new treatment of 6 months constant care. While it's all encompassing to leave your life for 6 months I think Ronnie had the quote of "6 months for a lifetime"--or something to that effect. He is right. It seemed that they lost more weight and kept it off for at least 3 months post facility. I'd assume in 6 months you are going to learn more and break old habbits better. For these people it means the difference between life and death. The new trainers were fairly blah, but I did like the young male trainer alot--probably my fav so far in the series. He was very supportive yet firm and seemed to try to connect on a personal life coach type of level as well--even helping Debbie with her social issues. Agree with above statements that perhaps Debbie had some abuse in her past, she has all the typical characteristics of someone dealing/hiding a horrible situation. Also agree with posters that the female trainer and lifecoach woman were straight out of the Jane Fonda era and while they might get results (and that's what counts) as a viewer I found them very uninteresting.
    Her name is Beverly Perfect. I had to rewind 2 or 3 times to make sure I was reading that correctly.

I can understand splitting production up between two crews at two locations, but the fact that they're not allowing both groups of people the same access to the facilities seems unfair to me. If one set of people goes home after 30 days, then the other group should as well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I can understand splitting production up between two crews at two locations, but the fact that they're not allowing both groups of people the same access to the facilities seems unfair to me. If one set of people goes home after 30 days, then the other group should as well.
    I wonder if the types of treatment lengths/locations were choices participants had options between, or if based on locations that's were they went. For many people, leaving home for 6 months wouldn't be an option. As far as fairness between the locations/groups, since this isn't a competition not sure it effects the outcome of the overall season. The viewers still are seeing the struggles and obstacles that are being dealt with but are given perspectives of different treatments available. Sure seems that it would be easier to go the 6 month at the facility route though if you could afford being away from home that long. Do we know if the remaining participants going to HH will also stay on site for the full 6 months?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Her name is Beverly Perfect. I had to rewind 2 or 3 times to make sure I was reading that correctly.
    We had to wonder if that was really her name and if she was married. Can you imagine being married to "Mr. Perfect". LOL! Most ladies are looking for Mr. Right!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    We had to wonder if that was really her name and if she was married. Can you imagine being married to "Mr. Perfect". LOL! Most ladies are looking for Mr. Right!
    And settling for Mr. Right Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    When I saw her name, I immediately thought how glad I was not to have that last name. Can you imagine all the remarks????

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    When I saw her name, I immediately thought how glad I was not to have that last name. Can you imagine all the remarks????
    Ahhhh....life can be so cruel.

+ Reply to Thread