+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Heavy (A&E)

Re: Heavy (A&E)

The reunion was on April 4, 2011 anyone watch?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I watched the reunion show. It featured RickyWayne, Sharon, Tom and Ashley. All continued to lose weight.

Tom was shown speaking with and counseling other morbidly obese men. He had gotten a job and his own apartment.

RickyWayne was leading an aerobics class.

Sharon had formed a group and was helping other women.

Ashley said she was going to get certified and become a physical trainer. I believe she also said she has a boyfriend.

I haven't seen the follow-up show yet. I generally watch it on OnDemand and that episode isn't available yet. I'm actually watching LAST week's episode with Chad and Sallie right now.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

While I love follow up shows, reunion shows and Where Are They Now Shows I had a bit of a mixed response to this episode. Why, because I expected to see all 10 of the Texas participants, I wanted to see Flor and how her family was doing. While I was happy to see all four of the televised participants have continued their lifestyle changes if they have a second season of Heavy I sincerely hope they start out that season with follow ups on most of the season 1 participants to see if any have reached their goal weights since all of them still had weight to lose. I do think the best part of this episode was seeing the mental transformation of these folks. Seeing them go from depression, despair and hopelessness to enjoying life, to having hope, to having a future.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Bearcata, that was exactly what I thought. I wanted to see all of the participants and see how they are doing.

That was my issue as well. Why only 4 follow-ups? Are we to assume the others were unsuccessful? Is there another follow-up show scheduled, I wonder? I didn't see any ads for it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112