+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Heavy (A&E)

Re: Heavy (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    There are 2 more episodes left in the season and they will be a "Where Are They Now" for the Texas participants.

In last nights episode I felt very happy for Stacia for losing 148lbs in 6 months and yet fell bad for her because she still weighted in at 280+ lbs. The show mentioned she had lost an additional 15 lbs and left her husband.

On average Stacia was losing 24 lbs per month.

I was wondering if all "Little People" have such a hard time losing weight, I really was rooting for Tim to lose 100lbs. While the show mentioned that his waist was about 61 inches before he started it didn't mention what his waist was after losing the 66lbs. I think the best moment in this episode was watching Beverly Perfect help him learn to swim, and it was also good to see Tim not falling asleep all the time by the end of the episode. Wasn't that simply a side effect of sleep apnea?
    Yes, falling asleep is one of the many dangerous side effects of sleep apnea. Hopefully losing the weight will help him with it or at least allow him to consider some of the other treatments available for sleep apnea.

I really like this program. I'm looking forward to the follow ups and am curious if one of the 2 locations has had better long term results.

There are 2 more episodes left in the season and they will be a "Where Are They Now" for the Texas participants.

In last nights episode I felt very happy for Stacia for losing 148lbs in 6 months and yet fell bad for her because she still weighted in at 280+ lbs. The show mentioned she had lost an additional 15 lbs and left her husband.
    I wasn't surprised to find that Stacia had left the marriage. You could see it in her face and body language when she was with him, at the visit and at her "coming out" party. I hope she continues with her weight loss. She does seem very determined.
    It didn't think Tim had a lot of trouble losing weight. He seemed to lose at a good pace considering his size.
    It really is wonderful to see these people gain the insight as to why they are eating too much. Seems like with every single one, there's a point where they use food to "fill up" some void in their life.

I think the best weight Stacia lost was the 200+ pounds of dead weight that was her husband!! Seriously, and not to be mean, but you could tell they were not happy together and did not promote a healthy, constructive or supportive relationship--enabling eachother definitely. Part of her weight gain after the marriage was probably due to the unhappiness she felt. Hopefully they will both be happier in the long run.

I could certainly be wrong but I definitely got the feeling that Stacia married her husband, with the thought that maybe here was somebody who would love her as she was. I don't think she had much self esteem at all and possibly "settled," thinking maybe this was the best she could do.
    That sounds so demeaning towards the husband and I don't mean it that way. I have no way of knowing anything about him and he seemed nice enough. But when she said they were like "roommates" then I knew that it wasn't a deep romantic love, especially on her part.

I do feel kinda bad for the husband. We don't know the entire back story but I felt bad that Stacia had found a guy, reinvented herself and then dropped him. Whatever happened to wedding vows where you cling together through sickness and health, cause it sure looked as if he was taking care of her when she was heavy and needed help and once she got healthy she didn't stick around to help him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was very touched by last weeks episode and teared up on more than one spot! I wish these participants continued success and good fortune!

Wow, while I felt glad for Patty for getting her independence, I did wonder why she only lost 64+ lbs in 6 months. Especially with her partner losing over 150lbs. Was she that out of shape and her metabolism shot. For the amount of money you need to spend on a place like Hilton Head and the 6 month time frame I really would expect a 100lb weight loss especially considering what her start weight was. I also felt she was very fragile emotionally and felt concerned that she would have problems maintaining her weight loss much less continuing it. It was very obvious that everyone in her family had weight issues. I don't know if Patty would be strong enough to help change the entire way her family focuses on food. Flor from several episodes past had a similar problem but I just felt at the end of her journey at the spa she was much more ready to face and help her family. Regardless I wish both ladies the best of luck and Chad.

Wow, while I felt glad for Patty for getting her independence, I did wonder why she only lost 64+ lbs in 6 months. Especially with her partner losing over 150lbs. Was she that out of shape and her metabolism shot. For the amount of money you need to spend on a place like Hilton Head and the 6 month time frame I really would expect a 100lb weight loss especially considering what her start weight was. I also felt she was very fragile emotionally and felt concerned that she would have problems maintaining her weight loss much less continuing it. It was very obvious that everyone in her family had weight issues. I don't know if Patty would be strong enough to help change the entire way her family focuses on food. Flor from several episodes past had a similar problem but I just felt at the end of her journey at the spa she was much more ready to face and help her family. Regardless I wish both ladies the best of luck and Chad.
    I think you've just handed the producers the next greatest idea for a realty show! One that takes the whole family, instead of just one or two members, and helps them get healthy and change behaviors and habbits. Too many of the participants are going back to enabling ways at home. As these weight loss shows are becoming more and more popular they really do help educate the general population about what it takes to lose and maintain. Helping a whole family could stop a cycle of obesity that tends to get passed down through the generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I think you've just handed the producers the next greatest idea for a realty show! One that takes the whole family, instead of just one or two members, and helps them get healthy and change behaviors and habbits. Too many of the participants are going back to enabling ways at home. As these weight loss shows are becoming more and more popular they really do help educate the general population about what it takes to lose and maintain. Helping a whole family could stop a cycle of obesity that tends to get passed down through the generations.
    Well, they have already done that, sorta. Last summer Jillian Michaels had a short lived series, about 6 episodes, where she traveled around the country and lived with different families for about a week and showed them how to work out and how to eat and then came back about 3 months later to see how they were doing. What was really nice about this show was the entire family was involved, the mom, dad and kids. Unfortunately it was only a summer filler.

1 more episode to go and then the Texas reunion.

+ Reply to Thread