+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Strange Addiction (TLC)

My Strange Addiction (TLC)

Anybody seen this one yet?

According to TLC:
    "My Strange Addiction tells the compelling stories of people who are battling obsessive behaviors on the verge of taking over their lives. Follow these addicts as they reveal their strange addictions and meet with psychological experts."

I caught Crystal, a woman who's been eating cleanser for 30 years about 10 times a day. Samantha, a 20-year-old addicted to tanning (she visits 3 different tanning salons every single day plus lays out covered in vegetable oil). April, who has no relationships or regular job because she won't go anywhere without a ventriloquist dummy... and Debbie, who has asthma & cat allergies and has 22 cats. I missed the one who sleeps with a blowdryer, the one who eats toilet paper, extreme bodybuilding & thumbsucking.

It's really hard to watch these people doing such damage to themselves. They do all get counseling & help.

Re: My Strange Addiction (TLC)

Haven't seen it yet but have it programed to record....of course, since I'm a sucker for any of these extreme shows.
    Can't imagine some of things we'll see. I would think detergent would taste horrible. Saw previews of the toilet paper eater. She just sucked those things right in so fast like it was cotton candy.

I have watched several of them and I would rather eat TP then cleanser. How in the heck did this woman not get poisoned???
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Lib,
    Not only that, she was doing this since she was 12. That means she was doing this while she was pregnant!!
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;4143205;
    Lib,
    Not only that, she was doing this since she was 12. That means she was doing this while she was pregnant!!

I didn't even think of that! I just keep asking myself, how??

How weird was that lady who had to sleep with her blow-dryer? lol I think that was my favorite story because it was at least funny, a lot of these other addictions are gross and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4143254;
    How weird was that lady who had to sleep with her blow-dryer? lol I think that was my favorite story because it was at least funny, a lot of these other addictions are gross and sad.
    I know! I was like she has to sleep with what??? That's like needing a teddy bear. Then I saw just what it was about. She is lucky her house hasn't gone up in flames.

I guess I finally understand why my blowdryer came with a warning "do not use while asleep"

At least she's not using it in the tub!

I can't watch this show. I watched one with the chalk eating girl (who looked like someone I knew). I saw the preview for the hairdryer girl & the one that pulls out her hair & then eats part of it. All these people eating weird things, makes my tummy hurt.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast