+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My Strange Addiction (TLC)

Re: My Strange Addiction (TLC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady;4187890;
    Can't wait to watch this last episode that I recorded: the guy who eats glass and live bullets. Yes, live bullets.
    As for the glass eating, how does he not cut his mouth and throat while chewing and swallowing? And after digestion, does it hurt on the opposite "end" ??
    That's what I want to know! How are these people not DYING from eating this stuff? Wouldn't swallowing broken glass cause massive lacerations? Live bullets? The mind boggles...
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I missed glass guy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

He was kind of a jerk and a poser. He made a big show of eating lightbulbs and bullets in front of a group of friends. He struck me as someone not really suffering from an addiction, and was just a straight-up dumbass. When a doctor showed him an xray of bullets sitting in his stomach it seemed to finally dawn on him that perhaps swallowing bullets was maybe not a good idea. Apparently he's cut down on his glass consumption and has abandoned eating bullets.

The makeup lady was pretty entertaining. It was funny how she managed to shock the tattoo artist by asking for permanent green eyeliner.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4189305;
    . Apparently he's cut down on his glass consumption and has abandoned eating bullets.
    If anyone had asked me years ago if I would be watching a tv show where the above sentence made sense, I would have never believed it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady;4189359;
    If anyone had asked me years ago if I would be watching a tv show where the above sentence made sense, I would have never believed it!!!
    Too funny!!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4189305;
    The makeup lady was pretty entertaining. It was funny how she managed to shock the tattoo artist by asking for permanent green eyeliner.

Not sure exactly what word she used, even though she said it more than once, but I had to laugh when she claimed her reason for always wearing that much make-up was so she could look "stylish". Honey, the only way that look is stylish is if you're under a striped tent, riding an elephant while acrobats perform over head and clowns throw buckets of confetti on anyone sitting in the front row.

And yes, Josh was a jerk. He got enjoyment from stranger's reactions, but when his girlfriend expressed concern, he all but blew her off.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    For some reason, I found myself really feeling sorry for that poor lady. I felt like she had zero self esteem without makeup. Makes you wonder what happened that produced that need in her. She was an attractive lady but just couldn't see it unless she was all made up. She actually looked better when she took off the makeup.
    I have a friend who does permanent makeup, eyeliner, lips, eyebrows. She's had all those things done to herself and she looks really good because it's very subtle. Once I let her talk me into doing my eyebrows because I have a couple bald spots in them.
    - It hurts.
    - It looks awful (and way overdone) in the first week.
    - It 'scabs" over and then flakes away
    And then it looks good but doesn't last longer than 6 months.

It was too much time looking odd for me to ever do it again. Now it only takes a couple swipes each morning for me to fill in those bald spots with an eyebrow pencil. But some people swear by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    For some reason, I found myself really feeling sorry for that poor lady. I felt like she had zero self esteem without makeup. Makes you wonder what happened that produced that need in her. She was an attractive lady but just couldn't see it unless she was all made up. She actually looked better when she took off the makeup.
    I have a friend who does permanent makeup, eyeliner, lips, eyebrows. She's had all those things done to herself and she looks really good because it's very subtle. Once I let her talk me into doing my eyebrows because I have a couple bald spots in them.
    - It hurts.
    - It looks awful (and way overdone) in the first week.
    - It 'scabs" over and then flakes away
    And then it looks good but doesn't last longer than 6 months.

It was too much time looking odd for me to ever do it again. Now it only takes a couple swipes each morning for me to fill in those bald spots with an eyebrow pencil. But some people swear by it.
    My mom had her eyebrows tattooed on. She had overplucked in her youth and now having the shakes due to Parkinson's couldn't put her "eyebrows on" in the mornings. She is happy with the procedure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345