+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Strange Addiction (TLC)

FORT Newbie

Re: My Strange Addiction (TLC)

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4142854;
    Anybody seen this one yet?

According to TLC:
    "My Strange Addiction tells the compelling stories of people who are battling obsessive behaviors on the verge of taking over their lives. Follow these addicts as they reveal their strange addictions and meet with psychological experts."

I caught Crystal, a woman who's been eating cleanser for 30 years about 10 times a day. Samantha, a 20-year-old addicted to tanning (she visits 3 different tanning salons every single day plus lays out covered in vegetable oil). April, who has no relationships or regular job because she won't go anywhere without a ventriloquist dummy... and Debbie, who has asthma & cat allergies and has 22 cats. I missed the one who sleeps with a blowdryer, the one who eats toilet paper, extreme bodybuilding & thumbsucking.

It's really hard to watch these people doing such damage to themselves. They do all get counseling & help.

Wow ive heard about that show but have never seen it. That is crazy.

As far as that Crystal Girl, What type of cleanser does she eat???
    Yeah and that girl debbie, I also have asthma's and im allergic to cats and you will never see me have a cat in my house.

Crystal ate Comet! From the green cardboard can. She would shake it out into her hand and lick it. The one who ate detergent did the same thing. I won't ask if they washed their hands first.

Just watched the scab picker and the doll man. The doll man seemed more of a lifestyle choice than an addiction per say. The scab picker... I had to fast forward the close-ups of the picking, it was so painful to watch. I wonder what happened with her wedding getting postponed.

Lauren the female bodybuilder just swapped on addiction for another. She was a coke addict and now spend 6 hours a day in the gym. Just have the sex change operation and get over it.

Sheesh, I missed that one UnkleScott. I guess that was a positive change?

Just caught the obsessive cleaning and the rock hunter one. Good show, but neither seemed to improve much at the end. 8 hours of cleaning a day - how could anyone have time for that? I might like to hire her to clean my house, at least then she'd make some money at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4177198;
    Lauren the female bodybuilder just swapped on addiction for another. She was a coke addict and now spend 6 hours a day in the gym. Just have the sex change operation and get over it.
    That "woman" was sooo gross to look at....like a man in drag with implants...and those ugly muscles with her veins popping out! EWWWWWW... And I loved it when she said she thought she looked sexy and feminine...on what planet is that??

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4181325;
    That "woman" was sooo gross to look at....like a man in drag with implants...and those ugly muscles with her veins popping out! EWWWWWW... And I loved it when she said she thought she looked sexy and feminine...on what planet is that??
    Most female body builders I've seen look like that. They need the implants because they have almost zero body fat. To me, it's just creepy.

I couldn't help but feel really sorry for that guy and his doll "wife," and I'm not sure why I do.
    On one hand, he made so much sense, seemed totally aware of what he was doing and yet, that's not a mentally healthy lifestyle. Poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4177198;
    Thats the same thing I thought and I think she kind of even admitted that. While it might seem initially a healthy addiction she went overboard with it. She looked horrible.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Glass eating dude is a freak.
    Skin bleaching girl definitely has some psychological issues with being black.

I tried watching this one and it just made me sad. That's probably why I can't watch Hoarders either.

I can't believe these people are ingesting household cleaners and aren't causing serious internal damage. Chemicals in those cleaners may build up in the liver and cause organ failure. Not a doctor, but that seems like a logical conclusion.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Can't wait to watch this last episode that I recorded: the guy who eats glass and live bullets. Yes, live bullets.
    As for the glass eating, how does he not cut his mouth and throat while chewing and swallowing? And after digestion, does it hurt on the opposite "end" ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast