+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Strange Addiction (TLC)

Re: My Strange Addiction (TLC)

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4153354;
    Found this medical article about Pica (Latin:taken from the word Magpie, a bird known to eat everything). Pica, the need to eat non food items, occurs in all cultures, developed and undeveloped, both genders and even in the animal kingdom.
    Non-edible items most commonly consumed are detergent,soap,dirt,flour,ice, ashes and cigarette butts. There is ongoing debate as to the caus of Pica-everything from severe iron deficiency to obsessive compuulsive disorderare considered possible causes.
    pica - definition of pica in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    Interesting. I knew it covered dirt, I didn't realize it could cover other things. Not sure if eating dirt is better then detergent or cleanser.

I saw couch cushion girl on last night. Yuck! Yuck! People put their butts on those!! And does she just buy cushions and then eats them?? Or new couches??
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4155608;
    Interesting. I knew it covered dirt, I didn't realize it could cover other things. Not sure if eating dirt is better then detergent or cleanser.

I saw couch cushion girl on last night. Yuck! Yuck! People put their butts on those!! And does she just buy cushions and then eats them?? Or new couches??
    That was funny, I'm picturing her going into the store to order "two dozen couch cushions, please."
    (shame on me, I should be more tolerant )

I just watched the toilet paper eating girl. I've been waiting and waiting to see this one since the previews. I was utterly fascinated (in an odd and weird way) with how she would eat it...like it was cotton candy. That tongue would sweep out, pull back in and it looked like it melted in her mouth, like cotton candy would. Really strange. I guess I thought it would get all wadded up and give her a very dry mouth but apparently not.
    Then there was the hairdryer woman.
    Everytime I think I've seen it all, I'm constantly surprised at what's out there.

Did anyone watch last night?

That girl who picked her scabs? Yuck! I don't mean she was yucky, but they showed close ups of her picking her scabs and close ups of the big holes in her legs - I almost got sick. I felt really bad for her, though. You could tell she was ashamed of her picking and I really hope she continues with the therapy to overcome this problem.

And the guy with the "synthetic wife" was pretty interesting. I don't think the whole doll thing by itself is that weird I guess, but the way he talks to her and holds her hands and stuff was a bit weird to me.

The preview for next week looks good. The woman is addicted to cleaning and obsessed with germs. She has to wear gloves to the grocery store and wipe down everything before she buys it. It looked like an episode of one of the OCD shows.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4166937;

And the guy with the "synthetic wife" was pretty interesting. I don't think the whole doll thing by itself is that weird I guess, but the way he talks to her and holds her hands and stuff was a bit weird to me.

I missed the show (considering scabs were a topic, kind of glad I did).

Regarding the man and his "wife" check out the movie "Lars and the Real Girl". I was curious as to this section of the show after seeing an ad for it.

That girl who picked her scabs? Yuck! I don't mean she was yucky, but they showed close ups of her picking her scabs and close ups of the big holes in her legs - I almost got sick. I felt really bad for her, though. You could tell she was ashamed of her picking and I really hope she continues with the therapy to overcome this problem.
    I have it recorded but so far haven't worked up enough courage to watch what I'm pretty sure will gross me out.

The guy with the real life doll has been on a few shows about that topic. To tell you the truth, I cannot blame him, with the way humans are they are probably the best thing, they will always listen to you, never talk back, won't carry diseases, you will always know where they are since you have to carry them around....anything else?

i'm ashamed to say i actually considered going to the bathroom to get a square just to see what she was experiencing, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4166190;

I just watched the toilet paper eating girl. I've been waiting and waiting to see this one since the previews. I was utterly fascinated (in an odd and weird way) with how she would eat it...like it was cotton candy. That tongue would sweep out, pull back in and it looked like it melted in her mouth, like cotton candy would. Really strange. I guess I thought it would get all wadded up and give her a very dry mouth but apparently not.
    Then there was the hairdryer woman.

this episode def weirded me out. the scab girl was gross, but the doll guy was super creepy!

The preview for next week looks good. The woman is addicted to cleaning and obsessed with germs. She has to wear gloves to the grocery store and wipe down everything before she buys it. It looked like an episode of one of the OCD shows.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4168547;
    i'm ashamed to say i actually considered going to the bathroom to get a square just to see what she was experiencing, lol!
    lol! Me too!

Just don't try the detergent!

I'll have to remember to catch next week's episode - I knew a clean freak once, she'd scrub the entire house down in bleach every day to the point where she scrubbed the paint off the walls and trim. And she'd have to vacuum herself into bed every night. If there were footprints on the carpet she couldn't sleep...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast