+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

I didn't know where to post this, but this seemed apt. A lot of the programming will be "reality."

The link for local programming on her website didn't work for me today, but I found this listing. On Direct TV East it's channel 279. You can find your channel here:

What Channel is Oprah Winfrey Network OWN On? | Dr Oz | Doctor Oz Fans

I think the programming begins tomorrow at noon.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Programming actually begins on New Year's Day - the 1st.

I checked and it's not on my Cable lineup.
    But, it looks like it's mostly reality and people like Gayle King, so I don't know if I'm missing out on much.
    I guess time will tell.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4134737;
    I didn't know where to post this, but this seemed apt. A lot of the programming will be "reality."

The link for local programming on her website didn't work for me today, but I found this listing. On Direct TV East it's channel 279. You can find your channel here:

I think the programming begins tomorrow at noon.

Here in San Diego it will be on "Discovery Health Channel" on the COX Cable Network. I have my dvr all set.

BUT I believe it starts on Saturday, January 1st, 2011.
    KAREN

I found it in the LA area to be on Discovery Health Channel (279) on DirecTV Satelite. I've already pre programmed a couple shows: Miracle Detectives and Kidnapped by the Kids.
    I'm especially looking forward to the Miracle show.

There were previews on Ophra's show today on some of the upcoming shows. She said that premiers would be on Jan. 1.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

After Oprah's big build-up about the 'fabulous' programming, I was really surprised and disappointed at the programming -- at least what's being shown for the first couple of weeks --- although I love Cristina Ferrare and will be really happy to watch her cooking program. Months ago I heard that Rosie O'Donnell is going to have a show on OWN and I am really excited about that --- but she's not in the programming yet, so I'm hoping that's still going to happen. Has anyone heard about that?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4134752;
    Programming actually begins on New Year's Day - the 1st.

I checked and it's not on my Cable lineup.
    But, it looks like it's mostly reality and people like Gayle King, so I don't know if I'm missing out on much.
    I guess time will tell.
    For 25 years reality has been her focus. I don't see her programing a sitcom or drama. Her programs will have informative content. I like the program line up thus far. Carson mentioned that he has a show that is starting in March. It will unfold and build as time goes on.

FORT Fanatic

In my area, I understand it will take over the Discovery Health channel. When cable went digital about 18 months ago, I could no longer access that channel. Oh, well.

FORT Fogey

Try calling your cable company and asking. I will be surprised if isn't available. You may have to sign up for a different package.

I had to go to Oprah's website Oprah.com to find out which channel would be broadcasting her network in my area.
    Click on "find OWN on your TV" then you enter your zip code and cable service provider and it will show what channel OWN will be broadcast in your area.
    I don't know if this will be of any help to anyone else, but this is how I found out what channel in my area )Orange County California) would be broadcasting the OWN.

I don't usually watch Oprah's show, but saw it flipping around yesterday. I found it chuckle-worthy that she's got a big "OWN" sign up in her studio. Subtle, Opes.

And when I saw Tron Legacy IMAX, in the preview period, I had to see Oprah, several stories tall, giving some hilarious (and I'm sorry, I have to say egotistical sounding) monologue about her "Dreams", and how they were manifesting on the new Oprah network.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 123456789101151 ... LastLast