+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady;4182017;
    I really don't understand how they chose the finalists for Your OWN show. Those people are all terrible and I don't see who would watch any of their shows. I just don't believe those were the best choices out of the thousands to choose from. I don't get it.
    I am sooooo glad you said that, kireelady! I totally agree! They are a motley crew of finalists and there isn't one of them that, in my opinion, has that "it" factor, or who would come remotely close to presenting an interesting show. I hope somehow OWN ends up with the most compelling, interesting person --- but I don't even know which contestant that is --- I'll watch the new show a few times to give it a chance, but I am not expecting to be able to stand it for very long. That is such a shame too, because if OWN really had thousands of applicants, surely they could've come up with some much more interesting, capable, attractive people than this --- or if they couldn't -- then they should've cancelled this contest and written it off as a cute idea, but one that just didn't work out.

Thank you, kireelady and Imperfect1.

Watching the last couple episodes, I kept thinking, what a bunch of mediocre people. What's so special about them? And would I watch any of them in their own show?
    I couldn't believe the way the one show ended with the older well dressed black man......using the race card and then quitting.
    I think the two comedian guys are funny and good on camera but I have no interest in either of them. Same for the women. Nothing special. Very disappointing for an Oprah show. Everything she does, she does well but not this time.
    I felt the same about the Miracle show that goes on and on and repeats and repeats. I really wanted to see that show but was sorely disappointed.
    The leads play up the "good cop, bad cop' routine just too much.

I read an article by someone at OWN who said that the show "Your Own Show" is not doing well in the ratings, but the others are doing well.

It fails because there is no who was cast who I like or care to watch on their own show. Whomever chose this bunch chose wrong.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

While I love Gayle King's show, she's about to drive me mad with the usage of the word "ker-FLUFF-el". I want so badly for someone to tell her that there is no such word as "kerfluffle"....IT IS "ker-FUFF-el"...."kerfuffle". And she seems to use it multiple times per show.

Whew! I needed to get that off my chest! Blame the nuns!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4184527;
    While I love Gayle King's show, she's about to drive me mad with the usage of the word "ker-FLUFF-el". I want so badly for someone to tell her that there is no such word as "kerfluffle"....IT IS "ker-FUFF-el"...."kerfuffle". And she seems to use it multiple times per show.

Whew! I needed to get that off my chest! Blame the nuns!

I'm glad you cleared that up. LOL No, really. I tried to watch Gayle's show twice, but couldn't stand more than about a minute. Is it really a radio show that is filmed too? What is she doing? It really did not appeal to me and I like Gayle a lot. How are the ratings?

I recall them introducing the potential stars with their own show on Jan. 1, and I was underwhelmed. I have seen bits and pieces of them since then and don't care to see any of them with their show. I hope the staff who chose these people are called into a meeting with Oprah and beat with a wet noodle. LOL, just kidding. What were they thinking? What a mess.

I have no idea how the ratings are for Gayle's show. I don't really care about ratings. I just know what I like. Now, she's off on the Justin Bieber kick. I find Bieber hard to tolerate. I'm also tired of the "big mommy hug" pronouncements. That just sounds so stupid. There's more I like about the show than not, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4184632;
    I recall them introducing the potential stars with their own show on Jan. 1, and I was underwhelmed. I have seen bits and pieces of them since then and don't care to see any of them with their show. I hope the staff who chose these people are called into a meeting with Oprah and beat with a wet noodle. LOL, just kidding. What were they thinking? What a mess.
    I agree with you about the potential "stars" chosen, however, I have to give Oprah (or whomever Oprah placed in charge of finding these 10 finalists) credit for choosing some people who are NOT totally gorgeous/handsome or a perfect size. But I'm still guessing the winner will be one of the more attractive, younger women.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I have to say that I love Gayle. To me, her personality is uplifting and it hardly matters what she's talking about.

As for OWN's talent scouting capabilities, I think they are in their infancy and will only get better with time.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I didn't hear Gayle use the "k" word one time today or yesterday! Hallelujah!!

While I think I like Gayle's show, this much exposure to her has shown me what appears to be a surprising lack of sophistication. Her "cutesy-poo" phrases, and her concern for what guests will think about what she's wearing are just 2 of the things that come to mind. I think I will continue to tune in if I don't bash my brains out any time soon. I'm trying to be strong. She reminds me of some of my friends with truly blonde roots.

+ Reply to Thread