+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

FORT Fogey

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

I agree. I'm sure she has made sure her parents are living comfortably if not lavishly. Otherwise, she would be raked over the coals in the tabloids ... plus she seems to be a nice, caring person and even though she didn't have great parents, she still feels an obligation to be decent to them. She also noted that her new-found sister Patricia is now physically helping to take care of their mom despite having a less than warm reception from her, so Patricia must be a very lovely person whom Oprah is proud to call her sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4167110;
    I agree. I'm sure she has made sure her parents are living comfortably if not lavishly. Otherwise, she would be raked over the coals in the tabloids ... plus she seems to be a nice, caring person and even though she didn't have great parents, she still feels an obligation to be decent to them. She also noted that her new-found sister Patricia is now physically helping to take care of their mom despite having a less than warm reception from her, so Patricia must be a very lovely person whom Oprah is proud to call her sister.
    I agree with all you have said.Oprah is damned if she doesnt do something, and damned when she does.Why do so mnay hate on her

FORT Fogey

Saw on TV that Oprah has offered to help her newly found sister. No details given as to exactly how, but they showed Patricia's little 1,000 sq ft house in Milwaukee (?I think that's where she lives?), which is worth about $55,000, so I imagine Oprah might provide her with a nicer place to live. She's worth over $2 billion, so she can't very well turn her back on her family, and I get that she doesn't want to, although I'm sure she's learned where to draw the line.

I came away from that show with a huge amount of respect for the newly-found half sister. What a decent kind hearted person. She could so easily exploited her relationship with Oprah, in so many ways. Even with her difficult childhood, I never heard any resentment or envy from her, even towards Vernita who kept denying her and refusing to meet her.
    Just listening to Patricia's children told me a lot about who she is and how she raised them.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4168184;
    I came away from that show with a huge amount of respect for the newly-found half sister. What a decent kind hearted person. She could so easily exploited her relationship with Oprah, in so many ways. Even with her difficult childhood, I never heard any resentment or envy from her, even towards Vernita who kept denying her and refusing to meet her.
    Just listening to Patricia's children told me a lot about who she is and how she raised them.
    Yes, to everything you said. I'm so glad they found each other and I think both Oprah's and Patricia's family will be greatly enriched by their meeting each other and joining each other's lives. Patricia's kids seem lovely, and I think Auntie Oprah will love having them all in the family.

I like that Patricia didn't sell out Oprah like other relatives have done in the past. This goes a long way to developing trust between the two.

I do hope that they can form a lasting bond, so I wish them well.

Is it me or does this network have TONS of commercial breaks? I was watching a "Behind the Scenes" marathon and I finally had to switch the channel. It felt like the ratio of show-to-commercial minutes was 1-to-1.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Miracle Detectives.

First, the gray in the mans hair is alarming. The show would be better if the man would conceed when it is clear that no miracle happened rather than just digging in and taking the stance. Or at least show some doubt. I speak of the car accident. And the same goes for the woman. Clearly the medical intuitive tuned into some things in Joes body. Just because he didn't pick up on his shoulder does not negate his other finds. I guess we have a formula that will remain.

I am not impressed with the programing so far but looking forward to Rosie and Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4178869;
    Miracle Detectives.

First, the gray in the mans hair is alarming. The show would be better if the man would conceed when it is clear that no miracle happened rather than just digging in and taking the stance. Or at least show some doubt. I speak of the car accident. And the same goes for the woman. Clearly the medical intuitive tuned into some things in Joes body. Just because he didn't pick up on his shoulder does not negate his other finds. I guess we have a formula that will remain.

I am not impressed with the programing so far but looking forward to Rosie and Carson.
    I was really looking forward to this show but they drag it out for soooooooooooo long that it just doesn't hold my attention.

Overall, I think the network is pretty good. I enjoy seeing things that aren't so over the top and "set up" like most of the reality shows. I like the Behind the Scenes show and Master Class. I really don't understand how they chose the finalists for Your OWN show. Those people are all terrible and I don't see who would watch any of their shows. I just don't believe those were the best choices out of the thousands to choose from. I don't get it.

+ Reply to Thread