+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Rosie McDonnell tweeted a couple of weeks ago that Lyndsay was going to be the next Whitney Houston.

FORT Fogey

Who is Rosie McDonnell? I know that Oprah is hoping that through all of this, Lindsay will see how she behaves and change, but I don't think she will. I don't think she realizes it's a possibility. Lindsay still spends A LOT of time explaining how all the problems that happen around her are not her fault. She blames weather, illness, other people, perceptions, etc. She has an excuse for everything, and they never seem to center around her. As long as she lives with these delusions that things happen to her, and that she plays no role in them, she won't believe that she can change them.

Ooops. I mean Rosie O'Donnell! lol
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-25-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Iyanla is back, doing her thing. The show tonight, involving the 600+ pound woman from her bed was extremely interesting. They had to cut a hole in her home to get her out of the house. I've actually seen something like that happen before, but the picture window of the apartment was removed and the person was taken out that way. That was one of those "Oh wow!" moments that you can never forget. They got this woman all "cutied" up before she left her home. She's been in bed for 6 years. Iyanla completely called out the woman's friends/"village" for enabling her in her quest to, basically, commit suicide. She started going downhill when her mother died, and her father died 3 years after his wife did. This woman only has one daughter who is about 20-22, and this is who had to take care of her every need after she became bed-bound. This girl had a baby 2 years ago, and buried her son's father last year (I think).....all without her mother. What a mess. Hopefully, things are on a better track now.

She went to the hospital for diagnostics, and will go from there to a rehab center to learn how to walk again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Super Soul Sunday has a 2-parter, today, on this doctor's ideas on raising happier children. It's kind of interesting and definitely throws curve balls. I think some of it is common sense, but some of it sounds like she thinks you should be subservient to your children. She talks about how parents impose what they think/want on their children, but that children actually come into our lives to bring US along.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just set the recording for Super Soul Sunday. Interested to see what this doctor has to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part 2 is at 9 tonight.

Those are some GREAT glasses Oprah is wearing! Very sharp!
    jeaninelaurie and overseas like this.

FORT Regular

Bumping!
    The Haves and The Have Not...back tonight!

I recently saw Where Are They Now of Knot's Landing stars Donna Mills and Joan Van Ark. I was thinking that they looked so thin and frail, but after I saw they were 73 and 71 years of age, I reconsidered. They actually look pretty great!

+ Reply to Thread