+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 343444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Looks fade, people stop wanting to work with you, the public/hollywood loses its fascination and moves onto the next flavor of the month..... I remember when both Eric and Susan were big deals. As a girl many of us wanted to be Joanie..... you can be on top of the world and then be rock bottom. Look at that actress from That 70's Show.... she wasn't a big star, but she could have made a good living and maybe gone somewhere. Its sad.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

If Lyndsay were different, she could be working too. She's not a huge talent, but she could get work. The way she is now though, I can't imagine anyone giving her the deal that Oprah did. I know Lifetime gave her that role as Liz Taylor. That was joke. I doubt that's ever going to happen again. Then she messed up on that sit com and they got low ratings because of her, so I doubt she'll get more sit com appearances. Now she bombed on the reality show deal.

FORT Fogey

The acting jobs that Lindsay has had recently have proven she was a great child actress, but that does not translate into being a great actress. She developed the ability to convey emotion much earlier than most performers, which made her stand out as a 12 year old. But at her age now, many women have studied acting, perfected their skills, and are able to perform MUCH better than she can. She's no longer competing against a bunch of cute girls who can sing and smile but don't have any range. Now she's competing against women like Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Adams, and Emma Stone who were perfecting their acting while Lindsay was partying away not noticing that they were passing her by. Those girls have casting directors telling them they are fantastic, just like Lindsay told us over and over on the show that they tell her. But while they politely tell Lindsay that, they tell the other women that and then HIRE them.
    Punkin and Critical like this.

^^^ Exactly, ACooker! She was a talented teenager. However, she never progressed past that level of talent. She's still acting (and I mean performing, not behaving) the same way at 27 as she did when she was a teenager. Sorry, but the bar is raised when you hit adulthood and there are plenty of actresses (some of whom you listed) who are far more talented and certainly MUCH less of a headache to deal with.

Apparently, there's a magazine - one I'd never heard of, so I can't remember the name of it - claiming to have interviewed Lindsay. During the interview, the magazine claims she not only openly drank vodka, she did drugs AND talked about how she's dating a married man with kids who flies her all over in his jet. No proof that the interview is legit, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I hate to be so jaded about anyone, but I just don't buy the miscarriage story. She's lied so consistently about pretty much everything. This seems like another play for sympathy.
    AmyKay and momrek06 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wondered how Lyndsay always seems to get flights on private planes. I've read that she calls various celebs and they agree to fly her. Sounds odd to me. A rich sugar daddy with a private plane makes sense. I sure can't imagine who would find her mistress material though. I would imagine she would be so unreliable, you couldn't count on her as mistress. When the married man has some available time, she would not show up or keep him waiting for hours on end. How could you have an affair with someone so unreliable? lol

Yes, me too, I agree with Critical on the lying. I am sorry but I have not basically believed anything LL has said throughout the whole show.

She is an addict and addicts learn to lie and feel that is how they can cope with life when confronted. (Too many years watching that show "Intervention".)

For instance being so late to that taping of smashing those cars ... she gets out of the car and says she was late because she has a "horrible chest cold", her words and then proceeds to smoke in front of everyone. Gawd.
    If that WAS the case, why didn't that info (about her cold) get relayed to TPTB when she was hours and hours late???

All that smoking, one cigarette after another. Blah. Yuck. Ick.

Interesting that Miley did NOT want to talk to her. Hmm.

I wonder what the back story is with Matt and why he left and then came back. Even if it was $$$ and he seems to be very quiet about it all, I give him 100000 kudos for dealing with HER!!!!

And all that 'drama-filled' self video taping ........ whatever. ugh. Sitting there staring at the camera and then tearing up.

I did like her Singapore photo shoot. She seemed very prompt and very professional throughout all that. WHY CAN'T SHE BE LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME????

Her bro, Michael looks nothing like her OR Dinah or Michael Sr. He is so dark, dark eyes, dark hair and dark eyebrows ... I just was trying to figure out who he looked like BUT def not LL.

I did google that LIST. Wow. She has been with allot of celebs.

I know the show kept posting on the screen (for us) how many days LL has been OUT OF REHAB ... I don't care about THAT number, I care more about how many days has LL been SOBER ..???????? I highly DOUBT its
    the same as the days OUT OF REHAB.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Lindsay has to have it in her to be professional when she chooses to be. The SNL folks have always had nothing but good things to say about her, and have had her return several times. Lorne Michaels keeps a pretty short leash on the people who are part of that show when it comes to trashing former hosts, but they find their ways. He also handles the problems very quietly by banning people from the show, which has never happened to her. To me, that shows she CAN do it. I think the problem with Linday's professionalism is that in her mind, I think she's ranked people as being above her or below her. For people she sees as above her like Lorne Michaels, Oprah, and David Letterman, she knows she has to behave and she does. For people who in her mind are below her, like Billy Eichner and random photographers who do work for magazines, she figures there are no consequences, and she does what she wants to do. And as the show put on display - in many ways, her perceptions are right. With the Billy Eichner taping, she was told if she couldn't be there by 3 to not bother showing up. She was there after 3. Not a long time after 3, but she WAS late for the drop dead deadline. They taped anyway. Perhaps most of Hollywood operates like Lindsay does - behave for those above you, do as you wish for those below you. It's ugly, but I doubt she's the only one who operates that way.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Lindsay's biggest problem? No work ethic. Take away all the addiction and mental health issues and it comes down to that very basic life skill. I learned that at 12. I was babysitting almost every night of the week, juggling 2 or 3 families some days. Scheduling, organizing, getting permission from every parent involved and collecting money.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Yeah, I have a couple of family members with no work ethic. It kills our family, because it's so unlike most of us. Most of our family and extended family have worked hard since we were teens. I worked full time and attended college for years, until I got enough money to only work part time time and attend school full time. We all grew up about the same too. What makes some people that way?

Lyndsay grew up working as a child. Maybe she feels she doesn't have to work hard anymore. I know must child stars would give anything to have work as an adult. Look at Donny and Marie. They have worked since they were kids and still do. Also, Brooke Shields, Justin Timberlake, and Sara Jessica Parker. Here's a link for a longer list of child stars who avoided the curse of Hollywood.

Successful Child Stars: Actors Who Avoided The Curse Of Early Fame
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, I have a couple of family members with no work ethic. It kills our family, because it's so unlike most of us. Most of our family and extended family have worked hard since we were teens. I worked full time and attended college for years, until I got enough money to only work part time time and attend school full time. We all grew up about the same too. What makes some people that way?

Lyndsay grew up working as a child. Maybe she feels she doesn't have to work hard anymore. I know must child stars would give anything to have work as an adult. Look at Donny and Marie. They have worked since they were kids and still do. Also, Brooke Shields, Justin Timberlake, and Sara Jessica Parker. Here's a link for a longer list of child stars who avoided the curse of Hollywood.

Successful Child Stars: Actors Who Avoided The Curse Of Early Fame
    Thanks, Debb, that was a great article.

Ya, what has happened over the years with people exhibiting a lack of WORK ETHIC? I watch allot of Judge Judy and the FIRST question she asks (most of the time) the plaintiff and the defendant is "what do you do for work and how long have you been there" and I can honestly, sadly tell you its about 60% of those that DO NOT WORK AT ALL..........Whattttttttt?

Back to LL, I just think that she thinks she is superior to many. JMHO. Really sad. I would hope that LL would look at this whole doc that Oprah did with her and RETHINK allot of the decisions she makes.
    Last edited by momrek06; 04-24-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread