+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

I hate the way she keeps everyone waiting That photo shoot was terrible. I would have packed up and left and said there are people just like you that would be on time. You are the weakest link- goodbye
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've read that she was a real pain on the set of filming Two Broke Girls too. People who were present for the filming say she was very unprofessional and costs them lots of time and energy with her slack self. When people see this, why do they book her? Is she that much of a draw? Did Broke Girls get a ratings boost from her appearance? It's difficult for me to believe.

I think people believe she will bring in ratings, even if it's just people wanting to watch the train wreck. That seems to be wearing off though, since the episode of Two Broke Girls that she guested on was the lowest rated episode of the season.

Lots of stories about Lindsay drinking at Coachella and behaving like a jerk, including ordering security to kick out people who try to speak to her.

If she was truly serious about saving her career she'd show up when she was supposed to and stop making excuses. She has a 1:00 call time? Show up, ready to work, at 12:55. Consistently. That's how you get people to take you seriously. It takes a long time for people to trust an addict again. Just ask Drew Barrymore and Robert Downey Jr. Addicts tend to be great talkers, so it's all about walking the walk.

I can't even imagine how much money she's cost various companies by her unprofessionalism on this show alone. Every time she blows off something or is super late, it's just so embarrassing. She doesn't realize what a joke she's become.

I actually don't think Lindsay wants to change. I think she just wants to keep doing what she's doing and be given all the opportunities she used to be given before she ruined her career.
    Punkin, ness and momrek06 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

It amazes me that Lindsay can go through rehab as many times as she has and be so completely void of self awareness. That goes a long way to show that she may have been present in rehab but was most likely not an active participant. I don't think there's any hope for her as long as she's as stuck in being a victim as she is, and as long as she's as arrogant as she is. It struck me that most of the time that she is frustrated on her show, it's because she's convinced herself that she knows better than the experts who are brought in -- she understands lighting better than photographers, she is a better stylist than her stylist, she understands life better than her life coach. I don't think anyone believes she truly knows better except for her but she's so stuck in that mindset that she defeats herself every time. It's hard to believe that she thought doing this show would demonstrate she was ready to be hired, because I think it's affirmed every negative thought people have of her. But it seems that she believes if people just feel sorry for her, they'll hire her. Nice job Oprah -- you've proven to the world there's no reason to give her a chance.

I wonder what Lyndsay has really been diagnosed with. There are some personality disorders that aren't easily treatable and that are not likely to change.

Narcissistic personality disorder Definition - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

FORT Fogey

Not all bad behavior is due to a psychological diagnosis. Sometimes, it's just due to a bad upbringing, and being surrounded by too many people who won't tell you what is what.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Not all bad behavior is due to a psychological diagnosis. Sometimes, it's just due to a bad upbringing, and being surrounded by too many people who won't tell you what is what.
    Oh, certainly that can be the case. It's just that when someone seems so totally clueless, self absorbed, selfish, self destructive, and arrogant, I wonder if there's more to it than just them being a brat. For example, Justin Beiber seems more like a brat, but Kanye West seems more like a narcissist.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think they both seem like brats - one is just older than the other. I think it's fairly common with celebrities. There's a lot of pressure being put on them because they are a product. They're also a product that can generate a lot of money for other people, so lots of people will hang on for the ride. As a result, the people around a normal person who will point out bad behavior and hold someone accountable instead end up smiling and nodding. You add to that a reality where part of your job is giving interviews where you're supposed to talk about yourself non-stop, the experience of people who don't know you wanting to be around you and focused on you, and you're going to end up with many who are self-centered and bratty. It's not a psycological disorder. It's a reality of the world they live in. The only way to avoid it is to have some people in your life who will say "I don't care if you cut me off, I love you and I'm going to tell you what matters. If those people don't exist who think it's more important to keep the celebrity grounded than to be in the exciting world of the spotlight, there's no hope. I'm willing to bet that it happens with A LOT more celebrities than we could name based on behaviors we observe. Most just have really good publicity people around them to cover up the brattiness.
    candor likes this.

Did anyone watch Lyndsay's finale last night? I read that she claims she suffered a miscarriage for two weeks during the filming of the show. I certainly offer my sympathies if it's true. I would wish that on no one, but does that mean she was drinking while pregnant? Wasn't that her with a bottle of wine in the shadows on her show? Maybe that was after the miscarriage.

FORT Fogey

She did make that claim - there are questions as to whether it is true or something she cooked up to excuse what she knew would be portrayed as bad behavior. If she did in fact have a miscarriage, that does not necessarily mean she was drinking. There are unfortunately too many women who never take a sip of alcohol and lose pregnancies. There are also plenty of women who drink during pregnancy and don't miscarry. All we know is that Lindsay told the story. Which leads to another point about her show -- for a girl who claimed she was doing the show to portray her real life, she certainly did have a lot of rules set (and not ahead of time) for what could be shown on camera. As soon as she thought she was looking bad,suddenly it was something to not deal with on camera. But somehow we're supposed to believe from all that she was showing us her real life. I wish Oprah would share with the world what she thinks of this whole experience - but I doubt we'll ever get the truth on that one.

+ Reply to Thread