+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

The meds at the dentist weren't as much for pain as they were for anxiety. Apparently, she has a major phobia about the dentist. She wasn't completely out during the procedure. That being said, I still thought it was ridiculous that they would give those drugs to an addict. Novocaine, I can understand. Propofol and Valium? Not so much.

I've been watching and it really just makes me sad. She has a lot of promise and, while other addicts have recovered and gone on to have successful careers (Drew Barrymore and RDJ are two examples), I just don't see that happening for Lindsay. Even now, when she's supposed to be working hard to earn back a good reputation, the reports from various sets she's worked on are not good. Lots of drama and shoots going way over schedule.

I think I'm a week behind, so I haven't seen the episode where everything seems to have hit the fan, at least if the previews are accurate. I had to roll my eyes at LL complaining that the community service assignments she had before because they didn't pick something she enjoyed. It's a punishment, kid. You're not supposed to LOOOOVE it. Bless her heart. She's so out of touch with reality.

I think she got saddled with crappy parents, but at a certain point, her life is her responsibility.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hey everyone who is watching this show ... what exactly is the back story here with LiLo? Does anyone know?

This week's episode has all her furniture arriving from CALI. OMG. OMG. She had to have had a 20,000 sq ft LA home and now she looks to be in a 5,000 sq ft 3 floor apt in NYC.

What happened? Did she lose that house in LA? Why did she choose NYC?

This week's episode was not a good one.

LiLo is one enormous p.i.t.a.

I have two sons her age. One (29) is a civil engineer works in LA and the other (27) just grad law school (May'13), passed the bar and working in DC.
    Its confusing to me that while my kiddos are out on their own doing what makes them happy, paying their own bills living a healthy life, LiLo needs this TEAM of people around her and she just continues to SPIRAL DOWNWARDS.
    Last edited by momrek06; 04-09-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    KAREN

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

I think she got saddled with crappy parents, but at a certain point, her life is her responsibility.
    That is one reason why she isn't going to get better any time soon. They also have to work a program and change their own behaviours. Lindsay's got her work cut out for her because she can't change them, only her reaction and interactions with them. If she really wants to get better, she might have to limit her exposure to her toxic parents and have strong boundaries. Things she doesn't seem all that willing to do. I get it, they are your family so it's hard to stay away from them all the time but it has to be done somehow. When her parents are using is a good start. There could be some co-dependancy issues there and also support groups for that.

I don't watch on a regular basis, so I am not even sure if she is attending support groups or has a counsellor. Life coaches/sober coaches that cost a ton of money doesn't make sense, because they are on your payroll. Does she think these people are really helping her or there for the money.

Momrek, I don't know all too much about her backstory. She doesn't have much money, so it's not surprising she lost her house. She hasn't worked much and she probably has managers/agents/ and other people she has to pay to get her work. She chose New York because her family is there and LA has too many triggers for her. She said that the paparazzi aren't as bad in NY either, although her last trip to LA, they weren't around either. I didn't pay too close attention but it sounded like her LA trip was basically her just holed up somewhere, so it sounds like she didn't go places that would get her noticed or followed.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I recall a tv show last year where a home designer was supposed to decorate Lyndsay's home, but she didn't own the home. The designer had to work around the limitations of the lease. I don't think Lyndsay has owned any house in LA. They were all leased. I also recall one place she had to leave because the neighbors complained of the disruption to their peace.

The designer show was on HDTV or Bravo. It followed the day in the life of Home Decorators. The woman decorating for Lyndsay had a terrible time with her. At first she cooperated, but then she wouldn't show up, wouldn't communicate and basically blew off her obligation to the show. Eventually, they worked around her. Once again, she showed why she is a pain to deal with.

I saw that Lyndsay was recently on David Letterman. I would bet anything that Oprah called in a favor and asked David to put her on. They need help with her ratings and now that he and Oprah are on good terms, it makes sense. I can't imagine he would do it for any other reason. Her appearance could cause his ratings to drop. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Love In The City looks interesting.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Love In The City looks interesting.
    I am taping it! I thought it looked interesting too!
    KAREN

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Seeing Lindsay surrounded by boxes, well her help. She will never be well, she is living in chaos, she needs some structure to her life.. AJ was right, she also needs calm . She decided to make some money and get rid of unwanted( but good clothes) takes them to a consignment store where she proceeds to buy more, and so does her her mum, Dina. Good grief, I couldn't live like that. The poor guys that packed all that stuff up, then down. Waiting around while she what? slept. SMH. Whoever thought furniture from a 5 bedroom house would fit in that apartment was nuts!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am convinced that Lindsay is one of life's losers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I am taping it! I thought it looked interesting too!
    Yikes! Lots of cancer....at least more than makes me comfortable.

I just watched Sunday's episode.

Oprah has to realize if she is just watching this, there is no hope for LiLo. ALL she does is make excuses over and over and over again for her horrific behavior. She owns NOTHING. She owns NONE of behavior. its everyone else's fault.

And she is back hanging in bars and making friends with people she has NO business being friends with and keeping very important people waiting who actually want to PAY her.

She is a train wreck and this show proves it.

Finale is next week and thats not looking good at all.

LiLo doing this doc has shown the world what a sloppy mess she is in reality. Even if before all you did was read about her in rags sheets NOW you SEE it and realize why people do not want any thing to do with her
    much less HIRE HER.

Comeback my arse.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread