+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4141225;
    I'm still waiting to hear some news about a Rosie O'Donnell show on OWN. Has anyone heard anything about this? I'm a big Rosie fan and really enjoy her on tv, especially when she appears on these talk type shows.
    OWN Sneak Preview - The Rosie O'Donnell Show - Oprah.com

It's confirmed. Rosie will have her own show on OWN. I read somewhere that it will air later this year.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Its Sunday night and no more "Tree Man" or the like.... kind of miss it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Here's the answer about the Discovery Health Channel and OWN connection. Gues I was wrong! Looks like DHC is now joint ventured with OWN, and my guess is that we'll start seeing some of the DHC shows on OWN pretty soon. The text below comes from Oprah Winfrey's Official Website - Live Your Best Life - Oprah.com

"About OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network
    A joint venture between Oprah Winfrey and Discovery Communications, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network is a multi-platform media company designed to entertain, inform and inspire people to live their best lives. OWN will debut in approximately 80 million homes, on what is currently the Discovery Health Channel. The venture also will include the award-winning digital platform, Oprah.com."

And here's more programming information from Oprah.com about some of what's to come on OWN. Wow, there's some pretty great shows coming. I can't wait!

• Oprah Winfrey's OWN Cast of Characters: Rosie O'Donnell, Gayle King, Julia Roberts and More (ABCNews)
    • Naomi and Wynonna Judd, Carson Kressley, Ryan and Tatum O'Neal join OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in three new series to premiere in 2011: The Judds, Carson-Nation and Ryan and Tatum: The O'Neals
    • Money Class with Suze Orman to premiere in fall 2011 on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network
    • Your OWN Show: Oprah's Search for the Next TV Star Announces 10 Contestants Chosen to Compete for Their Own Show
    • Gayle King and Robin Meade to moderate Ask Oprah's All Stars
    • Oprah Calling: Christina Norman (Vogue, Aug 2010: Photos: Annie Leibovitz)
    • Nancy O'Dell and Carson Kressley host Your OWN Show: Oprah's Search for the Next TV Star on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network
    • Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, comes to OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network with six-part series, Finding Sarah
    • Rosie O'Donnell makes her return on daytime television exclusively on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network
    • Julia Roberts, Forest Whitaker, Goldie Hawn, Gabriel Byrne and Mariel Hemingway join OWN's documentary film club
    • Your OWN Show: Oprah's Search for the Next TV Star announces top online finalists coming to Hollywood
    • OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network acquires Academy Awardฎ-nominated box office hit Precious from Lionsgate
    • OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is acquiring three documentary films to air as part of OWN's monthly documentary film club, debuting Spring 2011: One Lucky Elephant, 65_RedRoses and Most Valuable Players

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4143443;
    OWN Sneak Preview - The Rosie O'Donnell Show - Oprah.com

It's confirmed. Rosie will have her own show on OWN. I read somewhere that it will air later this year.

I look forward to this! Rosie just has a great way of relating to her viewers. I hope it's really good. I wonder if she will become the new queen of give-a-ways. Rosie has always loved to give the audience great freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4143827;
    I look forward to this! Rosie just has a great way of relating to her viewers. I hope it's really good. I wonder if she will become the new queen of give-a-ways. Rosie has always loved to give the audience great freebies.
    I hope it's a good show. I'm a little hesitant to watch. I liked her a lot when she had her show (& before) but she got a little scary on The View. I did hear her say that she went through some difficult years then, especially going through menopause. It was hard to relate the Queen of Nice to the mean person on The View.

FORT Fogey

I look forward to Rosie's show too. I like her, edges and all. Loved her on the View!

Gayle's show is a disaster. I like Gayle, always have. She was my local news anchor way before she came into view as Oprah's best friend. She had a couple of morning talk shows that didn't make it, as well.

I am dismissing her nerves as fist show jitters; she will settle in. We don't need another show rehasing the news though! The format is interesting I suppose. Just get some topics of interest. If Oprah is serious about upbeat programing then why this? There is enough about the Safeway shooting already out there and do we really care that much. A crazy gunman mowing down people in public place is not worth discussing.

So far Miracle Detectives is the only show that calls to me.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4136047;
    I loved Discovery Health as well. I don't see why it had to get bumped
    Some of the Discovery Health shows got bumped to FitTV.

Still I was channel surfing over the weekend and saw reruns of the Best of Trading Spaces on OWN. Oh, yuck as far as wanting to watch that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4144873;
    Gayle's show is a disaster. I like Gayle, always have. She was my local news anchor way before she came into view as Oprah's best friend. She had a couple of morning talk shows that didn't make it, as well.

I am dismissing her nerves as fist show jitters; she will settle in. We don't need another show rehasing the news though! The format is interesting I suppose. Just get some topics of interest. If Oprah is serious about upbeat programing then why this? There is enough about the Safeway shooting already out there and do we really care that much. A crazy gunman mowing down people in public place is not worth discussing.
    ITA! I had to shut it off. I have never listened to her on the radio but I have heard many speak of how good her radio show is and after all at the beginning of yesterday's show she mentioned it has been on the air for 5+ years sooo I figured this show will go well.

DISASTER.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Not to be mean or anything, but I wonder how far Gayle would have gotten careerwise without Oprah as a best friend. I'm not saying she doesn't have any talent, but there are a lot of super-talented people out there going to waste, not getting one break after another from someone else their entire working lives.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4145055;
    Not to be mean or anything, but I wonder how far Gayle would have gotten careerwise without Oprah as a best friend. I'm not saying she doesn't have any talent, but there are a lot of super-talented people out there going to waste, not getting one break after another from someone else their entire working lives.
    Per below, she has the education, experience, and tickets to be where she arrived before Oprah took her under her wing. She was pretty busy professionally until 1999, under her own brand. I guess, its a matter of "lucky her!"

King was born in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Her fathwas an electrical engineer and her mother was a homemaker. As a result of her father's work, King spent several years of her childhood in Turkey, where she attended an American school.[1] The family later returned to Maryland. She graduated from the University of Maryland in 1976 with a double degree in psychology and sociology. King then moved to Kansas City, Missouri where she was a reporter and weekend anchor at WDAF-TV. In 1981, she was hired as a news anchor for WFSB in Hartford, Connecticut, where she worked for 18 years. In 1991, King briefly cohosted an NBC daytime talk show with Robin Wagner called Cover to Cover until it was canceled. In 1997 she was offered her own syndicated talk show The Gayle King Show, which was later canceled due to low ratings.

King joined O, The Oprah Magazine as an editor in 1999. She has also worked as a special correspondent for The Oprah Winfrey Show and Good Morning America. In September 2006, King began to host The Gayle King Show on XM Satellite Radio.

King was rumored to be considered as a replacement for both Star Jones Reynolds (in 2006)[2] and Rosie O'Donnell (in 2007)[3] as a host on The View, but neither of these came to fruition. King was also rumored to have been a potential replacement if co-host Elizabeth Hasselbeck had left The View in May 2009.

King begins hosting new show, also called The Gayle King Show, on OWN beginning the first week of 2011

Gayle King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread