+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Tonight! Tonight! Tonight!!!! It's finally back!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The acting in this first episode of this season was absolutely LOUSY. Hoping for improvement.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just read that Oprah bought her recently discovered sister her house and pays her enough monthly that she could fullfill her dream of attending college. I recall the episode where they showed the new house on Where Are They Now, but it was not revealed at that time how it was financed. I'm not sure if that happened then or just now.

Has anyone watched Raising Whitley? I caught the marathon yesterday and really liked it.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'm just tapping into Own. Watching Sweetie Pie. Charles just got fired. I wonder what happened to him?

Anyone watching Lindsay Lohan on OWN? I tried to, but OMG. That girl is insufferable. I wonder how the ratings are doing. This was a big risk by Oprah. I hope it's worth it. I know I won't be tuning back in............................ .............

I just read that the ratings are terrible and Oprah is very disappointed. Don't you think that if Oprah had taken a poll she would have seen that the majority of people are not interested in Lyndsay anymore?
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-24-2014 at 11:49 AM.

FORT Fogey

I don't think that Oprah should have ever touched this project. I wonder if she only did because it was a negotiation tool Lyndsay's people used to book the interview Oprah did for "Next Chapter". I think that a reality show with Lyndsay COULD work, but not in a way that Oprah wants it to. Rather than going trashy, Oprah seems to have this fantasy of "turn your life around" kind of shows with various celebrities. It didn't work with Shania Twain, The Judds or Sarah Furgeson, so I'm not sure why Oprah decided to try it again. The idea is nice. But someone at OWN needs to realize that the reason these women are "troubled" or "down on her luck" stars is that they have a self-centered streak that makes pepole not want to root for them. To make a show work with Lynday, it would have to be edited in a way that kind of exploited her, and took a "can you believe this" tone for the audience. That's why Being BObby Brown worked. Trying to be classy and respectful and show a person like this doesn't work. You don't want to root for her, but the edit is begging you not to hate her.

I think you're right. I think that Shania's show was pretty good. It did show her journey and she ended up with a gig in Vegas, so I guess that one worked out okay, though I don't know how the ratings were.

The Judds were a different story! As a longtime fan, I grew to despise both of them and haven't liked them since. Making that show was a poor career move, IMO. They were horrible people and it showed. Yuck!

I must have missed the one on Sarah Fergerson.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Anyone watching Lindsay Lohan on OWN? I tried to, but OMG. That girl is insufferable. I wonder how the ratings are doing. This was a big risk by Oprah. I hope it's worth it. I know I won't be tuning back in............................ .............

I just read that the ratings are terrible and Oprah is very disappointed. Don't you think that if Oprah had taken a poll she would have seen that the majority of people are not interested in Lyndsay anymore?
    Debb, I choose NOT to watch her interview with LiLo just like I will watch NOTHING (more) with Farrah A from Teen Mom. They are both insufferable. Gawd.
    KAREN

I saw about 2 minutes of the interview, but this reality show is too much. I just wanted to slap the girl. She is so convinced of her importance that she just can't manage without a team of assistants. Why would a person with no job need assistants? She was so obsessed with all these boxes of clothes. Honestly, how could someone with so many clothes look like crap everyday? Unreal.

She was obsessed with going through box after box of clothes, tops, shirts, etc. but had no interest in unpacking important things you might need like dishes or pots. I saw little to any furniture. Wouldn't a couch or chair be more important than tank tops? Please. I had to turn the channel. She's a spoiled rotten, clueless, brat. I have no interest in hearing her complain about how she's struggling in a Manhatten apt, with assitants she doesn't need and how she doesn't have time for anything.

+ Reply to Thread