+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Does anybody watch Welcome to Sweetie Pie's? It's in its third season. Love it.
    law638 likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I watched a few episodes of the first season of Welcome to Sweetie Pie's. It was fine --- but I could never really get 'into' the characters the way I have with some other reality shows. What I DID love though, was one episode of Oprah's new show on OWN where she and Gayle went to visit Sweetie Pie's and surprised them all. That was a lot of fun!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I watch Sweetie Pie's and it makes me hungry!
    law638 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was going to wait to see The Butler, but I may have to go to the theater. I hear that Oprah is GREAT and likely to get an Oscar nomination for her performance.
    The movie is amazing, Oprah is amazing and Forrest Whittaker is amazing. Go see it.
    elleprn and Debb70 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I have finally gotten really hooked on The Haves and The Have Nots. For me, this is a keeper!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have finally gotten really hooked on The Haves and The Have Nots. For me, this is a keeper!
    I'm so glad you like the show, Shay. I wasn't reallt able to get into it that much, although I will try again, but to me, the IMPORTANT thing is that the more support that the OWN network gets, is a really, really great thing, so whatever OWN shows people like, I'm delighted! I am a HUGE FAN of many of OWN's weekend shows, especially Super Soul Sunday, Iyanla, Fix My Life, Oprah's Lifeclass, Where Are They Now?, Oprah's Next Chapter, Lisa Ling's "America" -- and several other OWN shows. And now that the network has turned the corner, I think the possibilities for interesting programming are fabulous! I can't wait to see what's next!

It took me quite a while to decide that I wanted to stay with it. The woman who plays Katherine, IMO, reminds me of Kathy Bates, one of my favorite actors. She does a good job, too. Some of the actors I'm not too thrilled with, but the storyline seems to hold me.

I also am a fan of some of the Super Soul Sunday speakers. I've never been able to stand Gary Zukav!!! That man puts me straight to sleep with his monotone voice. There was this Latin gentleman whom I found quite interesting, but I can't remember his name.

I am not good about having people preach at me.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Oh my the finale of the Haves and Have Nots had me screaming at the screen. That Veronica is SOME piece of work calling Jeffery selfish because he admitted he was gay. My heart's been breaking for the poor guy all season, with him locked inside himself, afraid to come out. I'm so happy for him, finally setting himself free. It was a touching scene to watch.

Poor, Benny. I liked him. He was a good guy.

And Shay, I'm just as hooked on the show as you. Next season seems so far off. I"m really going to miss watching the show until then.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

On Sweetie Pie's tonight her grandson, Andre, actually graduated high school! I hate to say that I was surprised, but I was. I actually teared up and applauded him!

Watched Iyanla work with Terrell Owens last night. It was interesting. I've always been a strong admirer of his physical abilities. After working for the last 2 weeks with people applying for toys, clothing, and food for Christmas....mostly single women with multiple children, it was somewhat eye-opening listening to him, his mother, and his biological father, and seeing the effect their decisions had on him. TO grew up across the street from his father, who never told him he was his father, nor did his mother. At age 39, TO's father has finally decided to get involved in his son's life. His upbringing explains, a lot, about why TO is like he is. TO was sent to his maternal grandmother's when he became difficult to handle at around age 11. He developed a crush on his biological sister, who lived across the street with his dad, and was told that she was his sister, but was never told that the man raising her was also his father! This show makes me see TO in a completely different light. What a mess. TO has 4 children that HE doesn't support; is there any wonder? The whole story was sad, beyond belief.
    AmyKay, MsDiva2007 and Imperfect1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread