+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I watched the show about Oprah's family last night. For some reason, I didn't come away with the suspicious feeling that many of you came up with. It seemed pretty regular to me, considering it's a pretty abnormal situation anyway. We all have strange tales in our family trees. I thought O seemed pretty comfortable with her extended family. What did I miss?
    Maybe it's nothing, but I just get his odd feeling something is off there. I think I'm a pretty intuitive person and in the past, I have picked up on things that others did not, in my real life. I think I have an knack for it, but I could be off base. However, others have noticed it too. Something is under the surface, IMO. It may or may not come out. We'll see. It's none of my business, I guess, I'm just curious. lol

I didn't notice anything I do know her sister doesn't like being on TV. But nothing else seemed out of the ordinary.
    prhoshay likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

As I posted upthread, I DID feel something was off, and I still kind of do ---- but I also think that because Oprah is bigger than life, in so many ways, that maybe that's part of it. Not only is she a celebrity, but she's an important international public figure --- and in addition, she's incredibly charismatic -- and I think she kind of lights up a room when she's around --- so maybe she's just so, so much, (in a good way) that her presence just overpowers everything/everyone, and her family, being 'ordinary folks' --- just kind of pale in comparison.
    prhoshay likes this.

I was very surprised to see something on the Where Are They Now episodes. It was on Marla Maples, ex-wife of Donald Trump. I had almost forgotten about her. They showed her with her and Donald's daughter Tiffany. I think she's 18 years old. She seems to be a very personable, beautiful and articulate young lady. The thing is that even though she was raised on the West coast, she is SOOOOOOO much like her older sister! OMG. It's not just that they look alike, but their mannerisms and speech are just alike.

It reminds me of how certain people in my family are so much alike with mannerisms, speech, etc. even though we didn't grow up together. It's weird. It has to be genetics. That's all I can figure.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-12-2013 at 04:17 PM.

I loved how she said her sister and brothers all get along. Trump maybe many ( many) things, but he has shown a great interest in all his children. I really liked his daughter with Marla, what a super young lady
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gavin Houston (closeted Jeffrey), The Haves and the Havenots, has a GREAT evil smile!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Gavin Houston (closeted Jeffrey), The Haves and the Havenots, has a GREAT evil smile!
    Lol....he's horrible at acting crying, though. But his even grin was pretty good. Poor thing, he's at the end of his tether with this Wyatt / Girlfriend situation.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I watched the Where are They Now with Oprahs sister tonight. After the comments here, I was watching for what was off. Imperfect, I had the same conclusion as you. I think there are some famous people who can be off the clock with family or friends and be reminded that they ae regular people. Oprah to me is past that level. Anytime she goes anywhere she has to be aware that peop,e are thinking "omg, it's Oprah". When she meets with people, she's in charge and people defer to her. There are not enough people who don't defer to her (Steadman may be the only one) for her to ever let her hair down to be normal. I've heard ministers say before that anywhere they go they are expected to lead all prayers. I think that in a different way is what life must be like for Oprah.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I was going to wait to see The Butler, but I may have to go to the theater. I hear that Oprah is GREAT and likely to get an Oscar nomination for her performance.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was going to wait to see The Butler, but I may have to go to the theater. I hear that Oprah is GREAT and likely to get an Oscar nomination for her performance.
    I'm not surprised. Oprah is an amazing actress, and she was OUTSTANDINGLY INCREDIBLE in her very first role as 'Sophia' in The Color Purple! She should have gotten an Oscar for that performance! (And by the way, Whoopie Goldberg should also have gotten an Oscar for her performance in that film, cause she was also outstanding!!!)

+ Reply to Thread