+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

I am very happy with Iyanla this season. She is must-not-miss-TV, for me. I am looking forward to Tyler Perry's shows. I think Oprah may have found her channel's niche.
    AmyKay and Imperfect1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Okay, this is unsettling.
    Extremely!
    Ugh!
    KAREN

I was hoping OWN would get some good dramas, like Men of A Certain Age and Monday Mornings. They are dramas with love stories, but have great life messages.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I LOVED Men of a Certain Age! I was extremely disappointed when it was cancelled.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I LOVED Men of a Certain Age! I was extremely disappointed when it was cancelled.
    Don't get me started. It was criminal they canceled that show. It was so good. I wish OWN could pick it up in some form. They could gather the former cast as much as possible and pick it up a few years from where it left off.

The show is about men, but it holds a huge appeal to women, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am very happy with Iyanla this season. She is must-not-miss-TV, for me. I am looking forward to Tyler Perry's shows. I think Oprah may have found her channel's niche.
    I wasnt planning on it, but I watched Super Soul Sunday all day yesterday...I had caught Iyanla's Fix My Life shows, but yesterday just made me like her even more. I love how she is honest from a place of love and truely wanting to help, not from cruelty.
    prhoshay and Imperfect1 like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

OWN just might be on the up and up. I really like Latoya's show and Raising Whitley. I've liked her as a comedienne for a long time no it's interesting how she became a mom.

Iyanla has really done well. I'm liking her more and more. Glad she and Lady O made up. It looks like a win-win situation.

I also enjoyed OWN's Oprah's Where Are They now? episodes. Hope there are more to come.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

For me, OWN on Sundays is the BEST!!! Love the shows. And now, Saturday evenings on OWN also have good stuff. I think Oprah has finally been able to turn the corner with the network, and hopefully, in the near future, she'll be able to guide the weekday shows to to the same level.

My only huge regret with OWN so far, is that Oprah pulled the plug on Rosie O'Donnell's show too quickly. Yes, Rosie had some bad luck getting her show started off right, but Oprah pulled the plug just when Rosie found her groove and was really having wonderful episode after wonderful episode. I couldn't wait to watch every day. Sadly, her ratings were really poor --- but seeing as OWN has so many other dead-bang losers being aired ---- I just don't understand why they couldn't keep Rosie's show on the air too. And poor Rosie -- who attracts so many haters (probably because she is outspoken about her political views --- and gay rights), that I think the combination of that and her OWN failure, really damaged her career. That makes me sad because no matter what people think of her politics, she's a warm, wonderful, smart, and funny woman --- and she'll always be one of my favorites!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I hope Oprah knows that Iyanla has made a huge difference with her network. I don't want to rehash old news over what happened years ago and I know what Iylana and Oprah say, HOWEVER, I think it was Oprah's fault we missed out on Iylana for so many years. I don't fault Oprah for much, but I do for that. I have to stop thinking about it and move on. It's water under the bridge. I know.

I saw a snippet about Oprah over the weekend. They were showing Oprah and her old diet coach in Hawaii on her farm picking vegetables. She claims she now weighs 147........Hmmm.....I'm just going to pretend the interviewer misunderstood. lol
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread