+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Watched 'Precious' on the O Network! Totally enjoyed it, commercials and all. As intense as the movie, I think the commercials were a welcome relief. Other than the commercials, I was glad it was presented in its original form. I'd like to watch that again.

Iyanla was AMAZING last Sunday!!! Really have missed her and her wisdom. She provides 'must see' TV!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

The commercials are loud. Then there are some that are even louder! Seems any ad directed at the elderly are insanely loud as if they are all deaf. If they are they have the volumn up already of have hearing aides. I hate this because I set my timer and fall asleep to the TV. I cannot watch this network for this. I did once and jolted awake and thought someone was in the house. It even woke my dog who oblivious to TV noise.

I like Where Are They Now. I have not hit an Iylana show that I can relate to yet. I was a couples counselor for many years so that may be why. She is good, I will say that, just not my cup of tea at this stage in my life, I guess. I will put her back on my DVR and check her out again.

I find the commercials loud on any network. Even louder right now, with all the Christmas stuff.That's why I record everything .I just FF.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I find the commercials loud on any network. Even louder right now, with all the Christmas stuff.That's why I record everything .I just FF.
    Yes, but they are WAY louder on Own.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I wonder if the loudness factor also has something to do with each tv set, or perhaps each cable company. I say this because on my tv the commercials on OWN are not particularly loud, but I have noticed the problem from time to time on a few other channels. I have Time-Warner Cable. What cable company do you have Shoepie?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes, but they are WAY louder on Own.
    Not for me. They are way louder on ABC. CBS is second , so loud its ridiculous
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Not for me. They are way louder on ABC. CBS is second , so loud its ridiculous
    I have DIRECTV so there may be a difference in servers.

I have DirecTV too, and the loudness on the commercials is ridiculous! And not just a little bit louder -- so much louder that I rush to grab the remote so my blaring TV doesn't disturb my neighbors. I've never noticed this on regular networks.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have DISH, and I don't notice unusually loud commercials. Seems in line with what the other channels do.

I seldom have good things to say about DISH.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Have you guys been watching 'Married to the Army: Alaska' on Sunday nights on OWN? It's a new reality series and Wow! This is the REAL 'Army Wives' and this show is very, very powerful. I've just watched the 2nd episode in which there were two soldiers killed in action (in Afganistan) - they were part of the brigade that the show is following. Getting to know these families and seeing what they all REALLY go through while the husbands are overseas in the war, and the wives and kids are at home, trying to deal with the worry and stress they feel every day --- very touching! I think there are still some re-runs that you can catch if you're interrested in checking it out.

PS I just noticed that episodes 2 and 3 will be aired next Monday night, Dec 3rd.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 11-26-2012 at 12:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread