+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree. I just wish people would understand that it wasn't that Rosie was a horrible person and Oprah had to get rid of her. Oprah thanked Rosie and said she had done her best to make the show as good as possible. It was the ratings. Here's a link:
    Oprah Winfrey OWN Network Fires 30 Staff Members, Christian News

I have a question. Do you remember when Oprah did the Behind the Scenes shows of her show? Each one would show the head producer for that episode. We got to meet quite a few of them as they produced the show. I wonder how many of them were in that group that got fired. Just curious.

Certainly, Oprah can find some creative minds to produce great shows for her network.

Oh, Ilyanla VanZandt was on Wendy Williams last week and says she is starting a new show with OWN. Hmmmmm......
    In her emails , Oprah says it takes 3 years to have a network in place. This is still very much a work in progress , we will have to see how it goes. If it doesn't go well, at the very least she can say she tried
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    In her emails , Oprah says it takes 3 years to have a network in place. This is still very much a work in progress , we will have to see how it goes. If it doesn't go well, at the very least she can say she tried
    So true. If you never fail, then you never learn anything. I try to look at it that way.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Ilyanla VanZandt was on Wendy Williams last week and says she is starting a new show with OWN. Hmmmmm......
    I believe that Iyanla VanZandt was referring to Oprah's 'Lifeclass Tour' which Iyanla co-hosts with Oprah. It airs on Monday, March 26th, twice in the evening, and then will be re-run on Sunday April 1st in the afternoon. Oprah and Iyanla co-hosted several episodes of Oprah's Lifeclass last season, and it really was wonderful. It was a totally interactive show with the viewing, Tweeting and FaceBooking audience dealing with life questions and answers.

I really like Iyanla and hope that there will be more for her to do on OWN. She is very gifted and very wise. I've enjoyed and followed her for many years, ever since seeing her on the Oprah show way back in the 80s or 90s. She has also had her own show, and was one of the life-coaches on 'Starting Over' --- and she's written some fabulously moving and helpful books.
    Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.

I personally think the problem with OWN is they show the same shows over and over and over, etc. Most of the shows are repeats from years ago. If OWN is going to work, they will have to have all new, original programming.
    Shoepie and AlwaysVeg like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I personally think the problem with OWN is they show the same shows over and over and over, etc. Most of the shows are repeats from years ago. If OWN is going to work, they will have to have all new, original programming.
    I agree. And no Oprah retreads.....
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I have been thinking the same thing. A network is huge----lots of time to fill. I don't think O. realized how much programming she would have to come up with. Her own new show and Rosie seemed to be all she was working with.
    It does seem that way. And considering those were the only two new shows, I don't think they did Rosie justice. Seems they could've worked more to retool the show. I really wanted to like the show. Have yet to watch any of Oprah's "life classes" just not what I need, to have Oprah preach to me.
    Shoepie likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think the life classes start until the 3/26, so they haven't started yet; it will be information being delivered from various people, too...not just Oprah, holding forth.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Don't forget that had that Sweetie PIe reality show, which I never cared for. Plus the STories of being Unfaithful. That was okay, but then it just started being too much. You don't need 3 hours per day of unfaithful stories. ONe hour per week is enough for me. LOL

I like Welcome to Sweetie Pie's, although it has way too much producer meddling.

FORT Fogey

It is clear that it takes a long time to change over an existing network to new programing. This is what is happening; she didn't start a new network, literally.

So Rosie had low ratings, why not give it time? She says it will take her 3 years to get OWN rolling. I think there was more to The Rosie Show's cancellation than low ratings. Certainly there was time and space to give it more of a try. The endless repeats cannot have had better ratings. I like Rosie but I know that she is difficult to work with or has been in the past anyway. She wanted to move the show to NY because it was difficult to co parent her children as Kelly still lives there. I think there was more than low ratings afoot.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread