+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Oprah's Documentary Club --- "Love, etc." --- This documentary was really a wonderful surprise. I enjoyed it so much, and I'm still smiling. You can still catch one of the re-runs if you'd like to watch it!

I have to commend Oprah on some of her new shows. There are some series that on OWN that are really wonderful. Her 'Documentary Club,' for one, also her 'Master Class,' 'Oprah's Next Chapter,' and her Sunday morning 'Super Soul Sunday.' There are some other good series on the OWN network too, but these are some of my favorites.
    I agree 100% I didnt care for the Tyler interview, I just find him way too creepy But on the whole,OWN is so much better

FORT Fogey

I was slow to warm to OWN and especially the Rosie show....however, in the last couple of weeks, I caught a few of her shows and what a difference. Loved the Kathy Griffen double show and most everything since then
    Debb70 likes this.

I found a lot of fault when Rosie's show first aired. I complained about most everything and hoped they would revamp it. THANK God they did. I like the new version much better.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

the Tony Bennet interview with Rosie was perfect. This is what I hope she keeps doing

Could ditch all day Prison Wives and Unfaithful. Touch the light.
    You can do it!

Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I would just post this here.

Did anyone catch the Oprah Interview with Whitney Houstons daughter Bobbi Kristina. I kinda wondered if she was on any sort of type of medication. She seemed almost to calm for someone who lost there mother 3 weeks ago. Especially for someone who is obviously heartbroken and was very close to there mother.

I watched the interview with my boyfriend and a few friends and they all agreed she seemed very calm. I'm 25 (going to be 26 in a few months) so about seven year age difference between me and bobbi kristina, and I know if I lost my mother I would not be that calm.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm pretty sure Bobbi Kris is numb. This is not even real to her yet....well, it is, and it isn't. It's not nearly as real as it is going to get for her. There is a lot going on around her, and that distracts you from dealing with your emotions. When my mother died (I was her baby), the funeral director (a lifelong friend who had lost his father not long before I lost my mother), told us that it will hit you in about 6 months. He said he didn't know what it was about that 6-month mark, but it's like a ton of bricks. He was right. It was strange. Before that I was dealing with friends/relatives, after-death duties, my 2 year old son, my ongoing everyday life and I was busy...and then it got quiet....and that's when reality came home for me. I'm not surprised that Bobbi Kris is still on "automatic pilot."

It's just one of those things that you won't/can't "get" until you go through it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My mom passed when I was 39 yrs old. I can tell you that you are kind of numb. I am sure most of my friends had been surprised by how well I was taking it all. about 6 weeks later I had a breakdown and had to take a leave of absence from work. It will come and hopefully her family will make sure she is able to handle it.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I saw the interview and a body language expert who watched it and said that Bobbi Kristina was angry and trying to avoid being trapped. She said her fist pumping gestures she made indicate hidden anger, which is understandable. She said the standing for the interview indicated her desire to avoid being trapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw the interview and a body language expert who watched it and said that Bobbi Kristina was angry and trying to avoid being trapped. She said her fist pumping gestures she made indicate hidden anger, which is understandable. She said the standing for the interview indicated her desire to avoid being trapped.
    Hi Debb!

Yes, first of all the STANDING was so ODD. Do you really think lights are going on and off in that house and she is saying "Mom, I know that is you" that was ODD as well. Also, I know I would have been a MESS if my Mom had been gone only 3 weeks. She has to be on something. I messed her 'fist pump' .. AND there is NO WAY I would be staying in that house she shared with her Mom ALL ALONE. NO WAY. I would not be able to walk in the door for weeks.

I thought Patty and Gary seemed like absolutely lovely people and I lost it when Gary broke down while singing so so so sad that she is gone.

On another note, I have not seen Oprah since her show ended last year she looks like she has put weight on.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread