+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It's good that you realize this. Some people just can't accept that what they can do is limited.
    Yes, the person has to want to change He's been happy in his world for some time. So, as much as I love him, or because I love him, I leave it be. My other family members have written him off, I stay in touch. Or I should say I try.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, the person has to want to change He's been happy in his world for some time. So, as much as I love him, or because I love him, I leave it be. My other family members have written him off, I stay in touch. Or I should say I try.
    I can relate to your pain. My brother had two 30 day rehab visits. Multiple visits are not uncommon. Relapse is part of the disease. Some people in their early recovery go to a support group meeting EVERY day for the first year they are sober. Staying sober is harder than getting sober, is what I hear.

I checked with many people to find out what to do before my brother sought help. I got many different answers. Most said don't give him money, cell phones, shelter, etc. Perhaps a good meal or ride to a rehab clinic, but nothing else. It's tough. I wish the best for your brother.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

My only criticism of of OWN is that sometimes it just seems like nothing but problems. It needs some frivolity. Maybe 30% how to and 40% escape and 30% news.
    Shoepie likes this.
    You can do it!

So I like Dr. Phil. Today they have on feuding mother in laws who call the daughter in laws and sons in laws everyone in the book. Dr. Phil asks them where do you expect for this to go. And they are just acting brain damaged. They have permission to call them all kinds of named.

It sounds like these people are old enough to know better. They are not going to accept anything that is not their way. Kindness is essential for everyone. And if the person feeds on others pain extract them so you have as little communication as possible. What is bad is this is grandma saying thingsnackut the parents in front of the grandchildren. Shocking....the grandchildren would have to go to psychologists just because of her. Evil grandma keeps talking about the daughters agenda. What agenda? It is everyone else's fault.
    Last edited by Lizard; 01-08-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    You can do it!

Watched the Steven Tyler episode

I like music. It has an ability to lift us and transport us. I think that is why Oprah said the music is God.

I have never taken drugs or drank alcohol. I know different people desire different things. It is not for me to comment about a path. I think we all have a path. We all have goodness. To the extent we dwell in out goodness we are where we are meant to be.

I like that he has acknowledged the pain he has caused others and that he has been honest. Honesty garners friends. I looked up his natal chart. I see he is Aries like me. Viola honesty. There you go. It also said his feelings would manifest itself in his career. (I have a dramatically different chart otherwise....I am not soulfully artistic.)

He is a super talent. I do not think he is sexy. I didn't think he was when I was younger. When I was younger I would have said he was taking drugs to not look at himself. At my age, I know that it is path. One person's path is not more or less important than another's. But there are people we want to avoid.
    Last edited by Lizard; 01-09-2012 at 05:44 AM.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.
    You can do it!

Masterclass with Goldie Hawn--I really liked this. Thumbs up!
    You can do it!

I have never been a big Oprah fan, but I watched the Steven Tyler episode of After Oprah and loved it. More probably because of him than her. I've been a fan of his since about 1972 - my brother was really into Aerosmith. I probably just thought Steven was cute! I've seen Aerosmith in concert so many times. I'm so happy that more people are "getting to know" Steven and are finding out what a cool person he is. That property in New Hampshire made me and my mom swoon! What a beautiful place! Oprah still grated a bit, but I enjoyed the show overall. The new episode with Joel Osteen should be airing soon or has already aired. I'll track that one down too, although I may not enjoy it so much if it's not an interview with someone I really like a lot....you know, to counteract The Oprah Effect. I would watch anyone interview Steven Tyler!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am not liking the change on the Rosie show. It has gone from bad to worse. Rosie does too much talking about herself and her experience. I really want to like this show, but it's just not working.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I am LOVING the changes on the Rosie show. It's gone from good, to better, to FABULOUS! I love that Rosie is one of the few celebrities who is willing to be open about her own life (particularly since her own life has been controversial), and have a REAL conversation with her guest in which she shares as much about herself as the guest shares about his/her self. She has chosen this as the format with which she is most comfortable --- meaning, she has chosen to NOT "interview" the guest, but to have a real conversation with the guest ---- and this is how a real conversation goes. Love you Rosie, and bravo to your being brave, and warm, and humble, and real, enough to allow the public to come into your private world.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Oprah's Documentary Club --- "Love, etc." --- This documentary was really a wonderful surprise. I enjoyed it so much, and I'm still smiling. You can still catch one of the re-runs if you'd like to watch it!

I have to commend Oprah on some of her new shows. There are some series that on OWN that are really wonderful. Her 'Documentary Club,' for one, also her 'Master Class,' 'Oprah's Next Chapter,' and her Sunday morning 'Super Soul Sunday.' There are some other good series on the OWN network too, but these are some of my favorites.

+ Reply to Thread