+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

All I'd say is "Welcome to the real world of dating!" Why should they be any different, when you think about it? It's a people-problem.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Why is The Rosie Show already in repeats?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    Why is The Rosie Show already in repeats?
    Because Rosie wanted to give the production crew a real vacation after all their hard work in launching the show --- especially since most of them went directly from the massive Oprah Show specials right into the Rosie Show launch without a break.

Plus, ratings month is over! I'm sorry to say that they did not get my support.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Maybe thats why their engagement( or his proposal ) looked so underwhelming. That's too bad, they have been through a lot together
    Yes, they have, but I am not convinced that Chaz' fiance is serious about her sobriety. I got that feeling watching Chaz' movie about his change. She's a nice girl, but maybe not ready for a person who is done with substance abuse. Chaz has to fight to stay sober too! It's really sad to marry someone who is also in the same boat, but who does not have the same level of commitment to live sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, they have, but I am not convinced that Chaz' fiance is serious about her sobriety. I got that feeling watching Chaz' movie about his change. She's a nice girl, but maybe not ready for a person who is done with substance abuse. Chaz has to fight to stay sober too! It's really sad to marry someone who is also in the same boat, but who does not have the same level of commitment to live sober.
    That would be very hard..I didnt know they both had struggles with alcohol

That would be very hard..I didnt know they both had struggles with alcohol
    I have learned from my brother's addiction and watching Intervention and Rehab shows that when you have an addiction to cocaine, you can't take pain pills or drink alcohol, because they are all in the family of substances that you cannot have, at all. If you are an alcoholic, you can't take pain pills. Even if you have never had a problem with them, you can't go there. Once the addiction button is pushed in your body, you are prone to all addictions.

I didn't know this either until my brother went to rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have learned from my brother's addiction and watching Intervention and Rehab shows that when you have an addiction to cocaine, you can't take pain pills or drink alcohol, because they are all in the family of substances that you cannot have, at all. If you are an alcoholic, you can't take pain pills. Even if you have never had a problem with them, you can't go there. Once the addiction button is pushed in your body, you are prone to all addictions.

I didn't know this either until my brother went to rehab.
    My brother was in rehab for a short while for substance abuse, various substances. He's still not doing well, but he seems to like his life now It makes me sad to see him but there is only so much one can do.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Because Rosie wanted to give the production crew a real vacation after all their hard work in launching the show --- especially since most of them went directly from the massive Oprah Show specials right into the Rosie Show launch without a break.
    Thanks! I can appreciate that. Hopefully they are also taking the time to makeover the show.

My brother was in rehab for a short while for substance abuse, various substances. He's still not doing well, but he seems to like his life now It makes me sad to see him but there is only so much one can do.
    It's good that you realize this. Some people just can't accept that what they can do is limited.

+ Reply to Thread