+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I LOVE that Rosie is devoting a little bit of time to the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations. She's right in that the media is not covering it -- and this is a HUGE issue in is country right now. People are very upset about the fact that 99% of the wealth and power in the US are now under the control of a very, very small percentage of the people. Some say as small as 1%. Whatever the exact number, it is WONDERFUL that the public is finally getting involved and speaking up --- and we're not hearing enough about it in the news.
    Really??? Occupy Wall Street is a joke. They don't even know why they are there.
    Last edited by YellowRose; 10-25-2011 at 08:30 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    Really??? Occupy Wall Street is a joke. They don't even know why they are there.
    With all due respect, the economic and financial situation in our country is in a horrific state, and way too many people are out of work, unable to provide for themselves and their families, living in deplorable conditions, in a huge amount of debt, and very frightened for the future. (And this is only one of the many, many problems currently being faced by the majority of people in our country.) There is nothing funny about that, and there's nothing funny about these people trying to figure out how best to approach these problems and to try to remedy them --- These problems have been exacerbated by the real estate and financial ("Wall Street") communities, and have not being fixed by those people voted into office during the last several political terms.

This forum is certainly no place for a political debate, and I won't violate forum rules by continuing to partake in one, but I find it sad that someone can so offhandedly call a public cry for help a "joke."
    Shoepie likes this.

I agree about the situation our country is in. But the Occupy situations are not going to help anything. And many don't even know why they are occupying, they are just creating chaos and a mess of public places and parks. That is all I will say so as not to turn this into a debate. I will just say that I am disappointed in Rosie.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I can't watch Rosie. There was a time when I found her to be funny and very likable. All that disappeared after her atrocious behavior on (and off) The View. I don't forget people's behavior just because they have a new show and are scrambling to retrive her title of "Queen of Nice." She did a fine job of showing us that title certainly did not apply to her.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Kudos to Oprah! I think her life classes are wonderful --- very intense, but extremely insightful. And I just watched her "live" Friday night life class for the first time last night and IANLA VAN ZANDT IS BACK!!!! YAY!!! I have always loved Ianla and she is so funny and charming and WISE!!!

And as for the Rosie show --- I know some of you guys don't care for her, but I support her 100%. She's warm and funny and puts on a great show. Yes, she can be edgy and yes she does talk about things that may not be in the political or social majority, but she's very 'real' and she has every right to express her views and to support the causes she believes in. Her show is a mixture of all different kinds of genres, but mostly comedy, talking with guests, and musical theater --- and it's very different from anything else on the air, and frankly, I'm loving it!!!
    mountaingirl70 and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    And as for the Rosie show --- I know some of you guys don't care for her, but I support her 100%. She's warm and funny and puts on a great show. Yes, she can be edgy and yes she does talk about things that may not be in the political or social majority, but she's very 'real' and she has every right to express her views and to support the causes she believes in. Her show is a mixture of all different kinds of genres, but mostly comedy, talking with guests, and musical theater --- and it's very different from anything else on the air, and frankly, I'm loving it!!!
    I agree!! I have been a Rosie fan for years... I even liked her on the View! (although, that show was not a good fit for someone so outspoken!). I loved rosie's radio show too.... entertaining, smart and engaging. She is the real deal and is not afraid to call a spade a spade (not a popular trait with posers).
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.

I love Rosie and always have. I sided with her in The View situation, even though she could have handled things differently. Still, she's great.

I do have problems with her new show. It's not her, it's other things that bother me that need to be ironed out IMO, such as the lighting, stage, audience seating, music, sound system, announcer, format. etc. There are so many improvements that could be made to improve the show. I hope they figure it out and do it soon, before the show fails. I would hate to see that happen, but I think it will go down, unless they make some big changes fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I can't watch Rosie. There was a time when I found her to be funny and very likable. All that disappeared after her atrocious behavior on (and off) The View. I don't forget people's behavior just because they have a new show and are scrambling to retrive her title of "Queen of Nice." She did a fine job of showing us that title certainly did not apply to her.
    I think she has a very dark side to her. I also think she would be very difficult to live with

Did anyone see the hour long show about Chase Bono last week? It was not the documentary movie, but a separate special. It included Chaz' home life while he was on DWTS. It was VERY revealing. Chaz chose to go get a pedicure with his dance partner rather than go home to his finance. He is having difficulty with his finance, because she resents the fact she can't drink, because she is an alcoholic. I think that relationship is really full of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone see the hour long show about Chase Bono last week? It was not the documentary movie, but a separate special. It included Chaz' home life while he was on DWTS. It was VERY revealing. Chaz chose to go get a pedicure with his dance partner rather than go home to his finance. He is having difficulty with his finance, because she resents the fact she can't drink, because she is an alcoholic. I think that relationship is really full of problems.
    Maybe thats why their engagement( or his proposal ) looked so underwhelming. That's too bad, they have been through a lot together

+ Reply to Thread