+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

FORT Newbie

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

I was completely disappointed with The Judds. Those two are hopeless and wallow in their pain/past. Not inspiring at all. In fact, I now have a hard time listening to their music b/c of it.

I liked Shania much more but two things irked me: 1. the constant voice over about her failed marriage, and 2. the finale seemed more like an advertisement for her tour than a finale.

I'm really enjoying Fergie and am amazed how child-like she truly is. One the one hand it's painful to see how self-destructive she is, on the other it's empowering to watch her work so damn hard to grow! I hope her finale's better than Shania's.

I've watched one episode of the O'Neals...barf! They make the Judds look healthy! Ryan is a @#$%#@%$# ass! Tatum is just a lost soul...I don't think I'll watch anymore.

By far my favorite show is Peter Walsh's and can't wait for season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Debb70 likes this.

I caught a bit of a few episodes of Finding Sarah. I have always like her, and still like her. Yeah, she screwed up, but she can admit she screwed up. She seems to be totally committed to "Finding Sarah".

I have not even bothered to try and find the Judds. They have both bugged me for years. I loved their earlier music, but the now drama I can do without. I've caught a bit of the O'Neals. Ryan is a total jerk. I've always like Tatum, I really feel sorry for her. I think she needs to move on and realize her father is a total jerk and not worth the effort. As for Shania, never cared for her. Sorry her husband was a jerk, but I think she did the show to promote her new tour.
    Shoepie and usschmidt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by usschmidt View Post
    By far my favorite show is Peter Walsh's and can't wait for season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too. I really like the way he presents the problem and insists that the people follow his strategy completely. He's done this long enough to know what works and what doesn't.
    How life has changed! I can't imagine my parents' generation ever having bought too much stuff, where it's just lying around, sometimes still in the bags from the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Me too. I really like the way he presents the problem and insists that the people follow his strategy completely. He's done this long enough to know what works and what doesn't. I
    I like his strategy too. I've only watched a few episodes but isn't he the one who has EVERYTHING in the house moved outside and then, sorted/discarded? I'm not sure what the purpose of this strategy might be, maybe for some of the hoarders, seeing an empty house might help them to envision how nice their home can be if it has no clutter.
    I know hoarding is a very complex mental disorder that requires more than just "cleaning up the house". I have a lot of respect for the professionals who work with these people - they have the patience of a Saint!

The Sarah Ferguson and Ryan/Tatum O'Neal shows seem interesting. Thanks for the impressions and feedback, guys.

And I haven't seen any of Peter Walsh's shows on OWN but I did see him a couple of times on Oprah and he was very impressive.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I'm done with Ryan O'Neal. I tried to watch it again last night. There was a scene where Ryan and Tatum are sitting in a condo in the kitchen. It appeared to be Ryan's kitchen. PLEASE correct if it was not his kitchen, but I noticed at least 8 liquor bottles sitting on the counter in the kitchen! WHAT in the world, with the MAJOR substance abuse Redmond, (Ryan's son with Farrah) and Tatum have had, would he have LIQUOR in his house? I can't believe it. Both of those kids have almost died from drugs and alcohol. I'm done, unless I discover that was not Ryan's kitchen. I didn't watch any further. OH, the large vodka bottle was half empty.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well I think, from what I saw yesterday, I can live without The Rosie Show. I will give it another chance, but I really didn't enjoy it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I love Rosie and I think her show has been funny and charming so far. I can't wait to see more, especially as she gets more into her groove.

FORT Fogey

I watched a bit of Rosie's show last night, and it just seemed strange to me. Rosie almost seemed like she was uncomfortable being on TV, which is very strange given how much experience she has. Back when she had her first show, she always seemed so relaxed and like such a ring leader when she'd come out for her monologue. What I saw last night felt too rehersed and akward.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Very interesting and good points. I think my main problem is that I have never cared much for overexposed celebrities. Variety shows, generally, are not for me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread