+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

I just watched the first episode of Tatum and Ryan. I don't like that man. He is very narcissistic, and has a strong need to be the center of attention. And Tatum kisses his ass to get along with him. He has not only mistreated his own children, but even mistreated Tatum's son...which would have been the final straw, in my book. At Tatum's birthday dinner, she was like a little kid sitting on the curb waiting for daddy to come.....at age 47! It was sad. I just really don't like him. I would have put him in the wind a long time ago.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I keep missing this show. I want to watch as I grew up watching Tatum grow up. Why can't they show this and repeat it like they do the Dr Phil show? I'd much rather watch this and Sarah than Dr Phil over and and over and over.

They do repeat it. You just have to do your search for it. It was on again today at 5 p.m., if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully, they will do a marathon. I recorded from it's encore at 3 a.m. last night.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I just watched the first episode of Tatum and Ryan. I don't like that man. He is very narcissistic, and has a strong need to be the center of attention. And Tatum kisses his ass to get along with him. He has not only mistreated his own children, but even mistreated Tatum's son...which would have been the final straw, in my book. At Tatum's birthday dinner, she was like a little kid sitting on the curb waiting for daddy to come.....at age 47! It was sad. I just really don't like him. I would have put him in the wind a long time ago.
    I have not seen this show yet though I honestly had been looking forward to it. That said, however, I did see Ryan when he was on Piers Morgan and I did see Tatum when she was on Piers Morgan and OMG Ryan is a total horse's ass! He has no concept of the fact that parenthood is about raising your children... being there for them, helping them, encouraging them, assisting in their development, etc. Instead Ryan has spent nearly 50 years being upset that (in his mind) Tatum has not been there for him, she did not encourage him, she did not help him etc. He is a total narcissist - I mean he has an total fascination with himself.

I understand Tatum wanting her father's love and acceptance. I think that is a normal desire for all children when they are young. It is only as we get older and are able to see our parents as people in their own right, do we move past that and realize how screwed up they can perhaps actually be and then realize lack of their love and acceptance may be more about them than it is about us. Tatum appears to have never gotten there. I mean she can say all the right things about how messed up her dad was/is and how messed up his actions were/are but she comes across as still wanting his love and acceptance to the point of yes, kissing his ass!

All I can fathom is these two are flat-fricken-broke and doing this show is the only way they can make a buck.
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Those are exactly the same reasons I don't want to watch a show about Tatum and Ryan. He thinks the world revolves around him and she's is a direct result of a dysfunctional parent. Just shows how strong that bond is between parent and child that no matter how awful the parent is, the child still wants their love and acceptance. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I have not seen this show yet though I honestly had been looking forward to it. That said, however, I did see Ryan when he was on Piers Morgan and I did see Tatum when she was on Piers Morgan and OMG Ryan is a total horse's ass! He has no concept of the fact that parenthood is about raising your children... being there for them, helping them, encouraging them, assisting in their development, etc. Instead Ryan has spent nearly 50 years being upset that (in his mind) Tatum has not been there for him, she did not encourage him, she did not help him etc. He is a total narcissist - I mean he has an total fascination with himself.

I understand Tatum wanting her father's love and acceptance. I think that is a normal desire for all children when they are young. It is only as we get older and are able to see our parents as people in their own right, do we move past that and realize how screwed up they can perhaps actually be and then realize lack of their love and acceptance may be more about them than it is about us. Tatum appears to have never gotten there. I mean she can say all the right things about how messed up her dad was/is and how messed up his actions were/are but she comes across as still wanting his love and acceptance to the point of yes, kissing his ass!

All I can fathom is these two are flat-fricken-broke and doing this show is the only way they can make a buck.
    I agree totally. I tried to watch and it was so pathetic. Ryan is such a baby. How did Farrah tolerate such a selfish and immature person? I know that she did leave him at some point. What was there for her to love so deeply with Ryan? I honestly don't get it. I have heard Farrah talk about how controlling her first husband, Lee Majors, was. That bothered her. So she then hooks up with Ryan? PLEASE!

Also, how is their son Redomond suppose to stay clean and sober around Ryan? With his temper and lack of insight about life and relationships, he would be a detriment to Redmond, not a help.

I suspect that Ryan may have personality issues, that are not treatable with therapy. Also, you have to want to change and Ryan is clear that he isn't really interested in doing that.

I must say, I thought the Judds were bad, but Ryan is bad too! LOL

Redmond sure does look old. I know he has an extensive drug history, but DAMN! He looks like an old man for somebody who is not even out of his 20s.

The Judds were nothing compared to these sick people.

And you can see that Tatum did not have a chance from the moment she came out of the womb....no, I take that back....she had a chance, but her dad abused it out of her, all the while blaming her. And what woman....Farrah.....could want to be with a man who mistreated his daughter like he did. That says to me that there was something wrong with her, too. She (Farrah), obviously, gave her blessing to him in his actions. I just don't understand it. Last night just reinforced my dislike of him. There comes a point in your life, if you haven't gotten what you need from your parents (or someone very important to you), that you need to realize that you have to give it to yourself.

I've never been in therapy, but I would think that when it became extremely difficult and unpleasant is when you really have to be determined to push through. Cutting and running is just not a viable option if you want to get better.
    Debb70 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I tell you what.... I had a lot more respect for Farah when I knew nothing about Ryan.
    usschmidt likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Let's not forget that Ryan "hit on" his daughter Tatum, at Farrah's funeral. He went on all kinds of talk shows, laughing about how he thought he was hitting on a pretty blonde woman. If you don't know what your daughter looks like, you're hopeless.
    And besideds.....that's just icky!!

I remember feeling really good when I found out that Farrah had a secret boyfriend in her TX hometown for many many years. Maybe she just stayed w/Ryan because of Hollywood and Redmond.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Let's not forget that Ryan "hit on" his daughter Tatum, at Farrah's funeral. He went on all kinds of talk shows, laughing about how he thought he was hitting on a pretty blonde woman. If you don't know what your daughter looks like, you're hopeless.
    And besideds.....that's just icky!!

I remember feeling really good when I found out that Farrah had a secret boyfriend in her TX hometown for many many years. Maybe she just stayed w/Ryan because of Hollywood and Redmond.
    I remember that when I heard Ryan say that he had hit on some woman at Farrah's funeral, and it turned out to be his daughter --- I was so dumbfounded that I completely blocked that out! How pathetic and irreverent and unbelievable. First, that he's hitting on ANYONE at his "true love's" funeral -- and that he's hitting on his own daughter --- and he doesn't even recognize her!!! How awful! Really!

+ Reply to Thread