+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Next month, I think. Since she's in a building phase, I don't think Oprah is going to let anything just sit on the shelf for too long right now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Sarah Fergerson reality show. Did I see what I thought I saw? It looked like Dr. Phil telling Sarah that he thought she looked like an addict. ???
    He said that she behaved like she was addicted to attention, or validation, or something like that. He wasn't talking about it in terms of her being a drug or alcohol addict.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    He said that she behaved like she was addicted to attention, or validation, or something like that. He wasn't talking about it in terms of her being a drug or alcohol addict.
    Okay. I wonder what was wrong with her in the video. Maybe she'll address that.

Just saw that Sarah's show starts June 12. Oprah and OWN website are not very good, IMO. I also can't scroll on it. It needs some attention. It's not nearly as good as the old one was.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Okay. I wonder what was wrong with her in the video. Maybe she'll address that.
    Just saw that Sarah's show starts June 12. Oprah and OWN website are not very good, IMO. I also can't scroll on it. It needs some attention. It's not nearly as good as the old one was.
    You do not have to be an alcoholic or addict to have a few too many and make a bad decision. I think she was probably into a few drinks but hey. She did what she did and if the queen wants to cast stones that is her thing. Who does she think she is, the queen of England? Oh I just crack myself up. Really is is all so silly in the scope of things. I adore Fergie.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    You do not have to be an alcoholic or addict to have a few too many and make a bad decision. I think she was probably into a few drinks but hey. She did what she did and if the queen wants to cast stones that is her thing. Who does she think she is, the queen of England? Oh I just crack myself up. Really is is all so silly in the scope of things. I adore Fergie.
    I crack myself up sometimes too! What's wrong with that? LOL

Did anyone see the behind the scenes show last night where Oprah sat around in a circle talking with her producers? I think it was a repeat. I just loved it. They had fans appear by online video. I saw some things I had not expected.

Normally, in the behind the scenes shows, it appears that the producers are really walking on egg shells with Oprah. I don't think it's because they are afraid of her, but because they really want to please her. Disappointing Oprah, must feel very bad. There was the scene in one of the regular Behind The Scenes shows where Oprah is talking for the 99th time about how beautiful her dog, Sadie is. She then asked the producers in her office if they appreciate just how beautiful Sadie is. She said is it just me or is she the most beautiful dog in the world? It would have been a perfect time, to say, she is cute dog, but you love Sadie and that's mostly the reason you find her so beautiful. But no, they placate her and go along with it. It was really annoying IMO. Seemed like too much kissing up.

Fast forward to last night. A fan was questioning how Sherry, the top producer under Oprah, never got angry and always kept her cool. Oprah said it was true, however, a couple of times Oprah had questioned Sherry about a guest being booked and Sherry said to her, "They have been booked and THAT'S IT!" Oprah said she sheepishly said, "Okay." LOL I was glad to see that when it comes to the important stuff, Sherry dealt with Oprah the way she thought was necessary.

FORT Fogey

Yes I did see that. She respects Sherry and allows her staff to do their job. She, by all reports, is a very easy going, upbeat boss. I have see her bow to Sherry's wisdom several times on the behind the scenes shows.

"Finding Sarah" premiers Sunday June 12th.

Finding Sarah - OWN TV

"Candid and unprecedented, the six-part television series Finding Sarah documents Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York's emotional struggle to rebuild her life. In the series, viewers will hear the Duchess' personal story and witness her unforgettable journey of healing and self-improvement.

To guide her through the ultimate mind/body makeover, she seeks guidance from traditional and non-traditional experts - a shaman, life coach, trainer and a horse whisperer - along with Oprah's "All Stars," Dr. Phil and Suze Orman.

Together they help the Duchess address tough personal issues, ranging from finances to self esteem to physical fitness. Calling upon her inner-strength and resilience, the Duchess comes to terms with past missteps, tackles major life changes and even attempts an unforgettable physical challenge in the Arctic.

Through it all, the Duchess hopes that as she heals and finds the true Sarah, and that others will learn from her story."
    KAREN

I didn't realize who horribly Sarah was treaded as a child. I hope she finds peace and is able to heal herself.
    momrek06 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I was very moved by Sarah's story and by the whole episode. It was really well done, (and was much more like a "docu-drama" - as Oprah called it, than a "reality show"). I was so sorry to learn about Sarah's dysfunctional parents and the terribly sad effect that it all had on her. I think both Dr. Phil (who's been critcized a fair amount from time to time) and Suze Orman did an excellent job with her, and I hope there will be more sessions shown in future episodes. And I loved the interaction between Sarah and her daughters. They all seem to love each other very much, and Sarah seems like a wonderful mom. I'm very much looking forward to the next episode!
    momrek06 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I DVR'd the Sarah episode that was on recently and am looking forward to watching it. I've always been interested in her "story". Just today on the Oprah reruns was the Shania Twain episode and I enjoyed learning more about her backstory. It was especially interesting how her big "goal" was just to have enough to get by. She wasn't interested in being rich and famous, that was just beyond anything she could ever wish for, want for or hope to have. Both Sarah and Shania have been much more interesting to me than anything on The Judds.
    usschmidt likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread