+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

OMG. I taped Oprah Behind the Scenes and watched one the latest episodes last night. I could not believe it! Did you guys catch it? IT was the one where Jennifer Hudson appeared on Oprah. I'll explain for those who didn't catch it.

They were predicting the worst snow storm ever in Chicago. Oprah's staff was terrified that their guest for the show would not be able to get into town with airports closing, so they brought everyone for that episode in early. Jennifer H. arrives for her rehearsal the day before and leaves saying she would see them the next morning. (They were to start taping at 9:00 a.m. the next day.) Without telling Oprah's staff, Jennifer H. flies to Texas for an engagement that night, with plans to fly back to Chicago the same night, however, due to the weather problems, she can't get a flight back in time and ends up flying back on the next morning. She arrived at HARPO over two hours late, which put them all behind because they had scheduled TWO other tapings that day too and her being late had put everyone late.

Oprah nearly had a cow and went in to talk to Jennifer H. without cameras. Jennifer said she was sorry, it was a mistake and it wouldn't happen again, but it really shocked me that she would do that on the final Oprah show she would be on. Also, her staff kept giving Oprah's staff false information when they called to check on the status. IT was very unprofessional.

This caused me to think of another situation that I saw Jennifer H. that made me wonder about her professionalism. She was on The View a few months ago and brought her toddler on the show for the interview. He kept so much noise that there was no way they could interview her and she never tried to quiet him. I thought it was very rude. She could have showed him off and then handed him to the daddy or nanny. Why doesn't she think about things like this?

I know she's been through a lot, but still, I bet she was quite embarrassed of how she came across on the Oprah Behind the Scenes. What a turn off and such a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    Ok is it just me or do I find the OWN weekend movies a bit ummm...strange? Like this weekend..it's the original movie
    "Lassie Come Home". Is she (Oprah) hard up to fill her 24/7 time slots with compelling, interesting subject matter?
    She seems like she's grasping at straws to fill her network with interesting, watchable TV shows. She better step it up or or the Oprah Winfrey Network is going to become the Oprah DoneFrey Network.
    I can't stand the cuckoo Judds however, I am interested in the Shania Twain and the Rosie O'Donell series hopefully coming up soon.
    Yes, I keep flipping around and am finding the shows sorely lacking. Why is Dr Phil now on two times per day? Really don't like him. I have about given up.

I saw the previews for the Judds, I used to like them, but OMG Naomi looks awful. Not sure I want to watch them chew each other up. At least that is what it looks like in the previews.

I'll check Rosie out, not Shania though. Than again, may depend on the day and time.

I agree, she needs to step it up. Once her final season is done, there will be no reason to tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG. This caused me to think of another situation that I saw Jennifer H. that made me wonder about her professionalism. She was on The View a few months ago and brought her toddler on the show for the interview. He kept so much noise that there was no way they could interview her and she never tried to quiet him. I thought it was very rude. She could have showed him off and then handed him to the daddy or nanny. Why doesn't she think about things like this?
    Yes I remember that episode of the View with JH and her baby. Unbelievable! She obviously thinks she's quite the Diva.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    Yes I remember that episode of the View with JH and her baby. Unbelievable! She obviously thinks she's quite the Diva.
    I heard her say, "I am Jennifer Hudson! I am Jennifer Hudson!!!" This, meaning, she cannot believe how famous she is.

Most celebrities are humble and not divas. Stories abound about how lovely, agreeable and kind so many are. Meryl Streep, Julia Robers, Jack Nickelson, Aretha Franklin, Celine Dion and the list goes on and on.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: JHud (as Oprah's team kept calling her)...
    Two things come to mind
    1) you can take the girl out of her upbringing/environment-of-origin but you can't take the upbringing/environment-of-origin out of the girl and
    2) she has some terrible handlers if they're not giving her better "instruction" on how not to behave

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I know that her weight loss has given her confidence, however, I hope she doesn't forgot common courtesy. I was not a huge fan of hers and seeing her on The View and Oprah was a chance for me to get to know her better and to become a fan, but IMO she blew both opportunities. I really don't care for her at all now as I perveive her as a Diva who has no respect for others. I'm sure she is embarrassed about the Oprah fiasco and she should be. I do hope she did learn a lesson.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Youth is for learning....and that is what JHud is doing now. By the way, JHud is what she is called by many, many people....for a while now. We've all been young and thought we've "known it all" at some time or another.........until we've learned differently. When we knew differently, we DID differently. I can't be angry with someone for going through their learning stages. There's not point in it. We've all "been there and done that"......and we now laugh about it when we look back and see how foolish we were.

And, there seems to be something pretty uncool about saying, "you can take the girl out of her upbringing/environment-of-origin but you can't take the upbringing/environment-of-origin out of the girl" unless you knew her personally in her environment of origin." What's that about? Did you know her...."back when"? Do tell! Please share!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-27-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I don't give Jhud a second thought. She's still learning how to navigate the entertainment world and having to do so under a microscope. She'll find her path.

On another topic:

I am fascinated by the Addicted to Food show! It is so interesting how each of them have different manifestations of the same problem. Watching the withdrawal symptoms that Tinisha was going through was mind-blowing. I had no idea it could be so severe! Camille worries me the most because she seems to know she's in big trouble, but doesn't to want to ask for help.

I realize Jennifer H. may be learning, but she is almost 30 years old. I don't chalk that up to immaturity. That's old enough to have some manners and not intentionally create major blunders with Oprah Winfrey. Anybody should know that. It's not the end of the world, but I will keep my eyes open and see how she treats people from now on. As Oprah said, if she says she learned a lesson from it, then what more can you ask for. Actually, you can expect it to not happen again. Time will tell.

I do like the show Addicted to Food. Do you know what kind of training the woman who leads the Center has? Is she a life coach, counseling or doctor? I didn't see it from the beginning.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

What was the blunder with Jennifer Hudson on Oprah? Do tell...I missed it.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread