+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I didn't see this show but have seen the Judds on other shows like Oprah. You described their relationship exactly right. That's what I've always seen so I choose not to watch them anymore....ever.

I have never seen Wynonna like she was on that first episode at anytime. I have seen her talk about her problems, but I have never seen anything like that. The next episode preview looks upbeat and lively. Maybe she was placed on meds or something. God bless, she needed some help. I hope and pray I never conduct myself like that, big star or not.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have never seen Wynonna like she was on that first episode at anytime. I have seen her talk about her problems, but I have never seen anything like that. The next episode preview looks upbeat and lively. Maybe she was placed on meds or something. God bless, she needed some help. I hope and pray I never conduct myself like that, big star or not.
    Wynonna is really hostile! Wow! And she is really two-faced, because in the "confessionals" she would be saying how much she loved Naomi, but in reality, she was constantly giving her mom the evil eye and contantly glaring at her, or rolling her eyes, or making some other sour face. Just the OPPOSITE of Toni Braxton! I just saw the first episode of the new Braxton Family Values reality show (about the 5 Braxton sisters), and Toni Braxton is the lovliest, sweetest, most gracious lady.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Wynonna is really hostile! Wow! And she is really two-faced, because in the "confessionals" she would be saying how much she loved Naomi, but in reality, she was constantly giving her mom the evil eye and contantly glaring at her, or rolling her eyes, or making some other sour face. Just the OPPOSITE of Toni Braxton! I just saw the first episode of the new Braxton Family Values reality show (about the 5 Braxton sisters), and Toni Braxton is the lovliest, sweetest, most gracious lady.
    It is aggravating that Wynona cannot grasp the simple truth that her mother is not responsible for her happiness. Let her be who she is and you do the same. Appreciate what you can about each other and let the rest go. Who does she think she is to demand her mother behave in ways to please her?! I don't watch this show because I have seen enough of them to last a lifetime. It has been the same old story for many years. And more surprising is that Oprah thinks this is good!

I saw a little bit of Braxton FAmily values. I'm not sure I'm going to watch it, but there is a back story about Towanda, one of her sisters. I saw her bragging about having an open marriage. Do you know her back story? Very interesting. I was shocked Toni had her on her show. A few years ago Towanda was on a reality show called Starting Over in hopes of straightening out her life. She bad mouthed Toni and her other sisters like crazy. Then she got into a lot of criminal touble. PM me if you want to discuss.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw a little bit of Braxton FAmily values. I'm not sure I'm going to watch it, but there is a back story about Towanda, one of her sisters. I saw her bragging about having an open marriage. Do you know her back story? Very interesting. I was shocked Toni had her on her show. A few years ago Towanda was on a reality show called Starting Over in hopes of straightening out her life. She bad mouthed Toni and her other sisters like crazy. Then she got into a lot of criminal touble. PM me if you want to discuss.
    I definitely remember Towanda from Starting Over (I loved that show!) I'm going to try to start a Braxton Family thread, if the mods will let me, so let's talk about it there. I'm dying to hear the backstory Debb!

It's clear that Wynona has a lot of pent up hostility toward her mother. Apparently Naomi was quite controlling and manipulative of her when they were at the top of their popularity.

They know how to push each other's buttons, and Naomi is much more subtle, passive-aggressive while Wynona is outright hostile. No one in this family is functional given the recent release of Ashley's book and the information about her childhood. Naomi is not the innocent victim of two hostile children-she had a hand in creating who they are today.

That said, they are both adults and need to get help for their issues.

I definitely remember Towanda from Starting Over (I loved that show!) I'm going to try to start a Braxton Family thread, if the mods will let me, so let's talk about it there. I'm dying to hear the backstory Debb!
    Okay. I'll look for it. Starting Over was a great show. Sad it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat View Post
    It's clear that Wynona has a lot of pent up hostility toward her mother. Apparently Naomi was quite controlling and manipulative of her when they were at the top of their popularity.

They know how to push each other's buttons, and Naomi is much more subtle, passive-aggressive while Wynona is outright hostile. No one in this family is functional given the recent release of Ashley's book and the information about her childhood. Naomi is not the innocent victim of two hostile children-she had a hand in creating who they are today.

That said, they are both adults and need to get help for their issues.
    Dr. Drew discussed the problem of when mother/daughters are close and in the biz togther. He had Melissa Gilbert and a couple of stage moms on. He talked about how the line between who is who becomes faded and the mother/daughter roles are TOO INTERTWINED. IT's a bad thing and causes many problems down the road. I can't repeat how he explained it, but it made sense and sounds like that is what happened with the Judds and that is one reason they are so heavy into therapy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw the first 2 episodes last night. I don't know if I missed something, but I didn't see a horrible show/relationship. I saw a mother/daughter adult relationship in a stressful field. Each knows how the other is, and they are very direct with each other....which I think is a good thing. Not everything is happiness and roses when stresses hit. I am sure that Naomi knows how Wy reacts to stress, and it appears that it takes Wy time to settle into her calmer self when she's put to the test. Kinks have to be worked out. I saw a loving relationship....not a kowtowing relationship; it seemed real. I think they understand each other.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Watched Mrs. Obama and Dr. Biden on Gayle's show this morning, and it was so much better than their appearance on The View. There was, virtually, a full hour of these esteemed guests and it was more like 3 friends sitting around talking...so much more interesting. I was, pleasantly, surprised! It would be worth catching on rerun....never thought I'd be saying that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread