+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Re: OWN - The Oprah Winfrey Network

Does anyone know when they replay the Oprah, 25 years Behind the Scenes? It first airs on Friday night at 8:00, but certainly they run it other times during the week, only I have found it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryEsq View Post
    As a lawyer with cerebral palsy that resembles Zach's, I cheered with joy as he navigated with skill and humor through every round, then I cringed as Oprah gave voice to some some amorphous fear that Zach might not be strong enough to do the the job. Really? Based on what exactly, the fact that he that he had never been in the bottom two? She did not mention Kristina's staggering emotional insecurity and self-doubt as being a barrier to her career.

I hate the fact that Oprah gave her "corporate" blessing to such a discriminatory message while saying to his face, "We don't even see the wheelchair". I am calling the BS flag. There are those that will say, "But, Mary, Oprah surprised them and gave them both a show, no one knew she was going to do that." I believe that it was the predictable outcome regardless of who the finalists were. She has a lot of airtime to fill. Remember, I live in Zach's world. I am a Civil Rights Attorney, I graduated in the top 15% of my law class. I experience the same kind of assumptions when I search for a job. Your experience doesn't matter, your education doesn't matter and your skills don't matter. People see the disability and that is typically all they see, especially if they take pains to tell you otherwise.
    Hey MaryEsq: All I can say to you is this: I am in awe of your accomplishment in life becoming an attorney. That IMO must be one of the most difficult, daunting areas of expertise to get a degree in (other than an MD). Congratulations and much success to you!

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    Hey MaryEsq: All I can say to you is this: I am in awe of your accomplishment in life becoming an attorney. That IMO must be one of the most difficult, daunting areas of expertise to get a degree in (other than an MD). Congratulations and much success to you!
    Aww thanks, what a sweet thing to say. My 21 year old son Brandon is a Junior is at Cornell and where he is a Pre-Med Major. He is taking the MCAT very soon. I am very proud of boys.
    ~Mary Esq

Brandon (21) Justin (7) (nope, not a typo)
    B needs positive thoughts and prayers for the MCAT
    J would like to have a pen pal

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have not been hearing Gayle say "kerfluffle" nearly as much, thank goodness, and when I did hear her use the word, she said it properly; somebody must have gotten to her. Now, if we could just get her to drop the "like-ted-ded", "big mommy hug", and the "cheater-cheater-pumpkin-eater". Maybe she thinks these things are charming? Uh.....no, Gayle. And her twisted, bordering on perversion obsession with Justin Beiber.......that's just bizarre. When you get past 25(?), it's time to leave "cute-sy" behind. She just sounds foolish.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have not been hearing Gayle say "kerfluffle" nearly as much, thank goodness, and when I did hear her use the word, she said it properly; somebody must have gotten to her. Now, if we could just get her to drop the "like-ted-ded", "big mommy hug", and the "cheater-cheater-pumpkin-eater". Maybe she thinks these things are charming? Uh.....no, Gayle. And her twisted, bordering on perversion obsession with Justin Beiber.......that's just bizarre. When you get past 25(?), it's time to leave "cute-sy" behind. She just sounds foolish.
    Wow! Thanks for the warning! I have only watched her show a couple of times for a few minutes so I appreciate the heads up about all of the stupid, childish "Gaylisms" that come from her mouth! What is she - 12 years old? She looks a lot older than 12 to me but going by how she behaves ...Justin Beiber fan etc. Geesh! It's amazing what one get away with if they are Oprah's best gal pal!

I guess I expected more from a college-educated woman who has lived in multiple countries throughout her life, and has managed to wrangle a best friend of Oprah's, seeming, quality. I think it's just kind of shocking and deflating. I am sure she is a very good person. (Always got to look for that silver lining!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And her twisted, bordering on perversion obsession with Justin Beiber.......that's just bizarre. When you get past 25(?), it's time to leave "cute-sy" behind. She just sounds foolish.
    Wow! No kidding??!!
    I've never seen her (except on Oprah's talk show) but that's really strange.
    Didn't he just turn 16???????????
    I know if she were a man, gushing over a 16 yr old girl, we'd have a lot to say about that.

I'm thinking he just turned 17. You know, at that age, that you commit the ultimate sin by making them younger than they are!

Today, she got really hung up on saying "koo-koo for cocoa puffs". [I]SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!![/I] It came out of her mouth multiple times today when she was talking about somebody. I'm pretty sure her boss, Oprah, listens to/watches the show everyday.....I can't believe that she has not said something. I really don't mean to be so hard on her, but good grief!!! I must be paying for sins by being exposed to this lunacy. I know I could change channels, but I do like shows that talk about interesting current events, and she does this, and people also call in with their opinions.

Don't anybody just take my word for this. Tune in and decide for yourself....while I rant and rave myself into oblivion!!! Myabe somebody can help me see things differently. I'm open.

When does Gayle come on? I've have come across it by accident, but don't recall when. It didn't seem interesting to me, but I'll try it again.

I caught Oprah, 25 years Behind the Scenes marathon yesterday, so I was able to catch up on many of those shows. I loved it. I now realize that I made a big mistake by going to law school and becoming an attorney. I should have followed my original dream of taking Journalism/Communications in college and going on to work as a tv producer. I think that job is perfect for me. Oh well, it may be a little late for me now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    When does Gayle come on? I've have come across it by accident, but don't recall when. It didn't seem interesting to me, but I'll try it again.

I caught Oprah, 25 years Behind the Scenes marathon yesterday, so I was able to catch up on many of those shows. I loved it. I now realize that I made a big mistake by going to law school and becoming an attorney. I should have followed my original dream of taking Journalism/Communications in college and going on to work as a tv producer. I think that job is perfect for me. Oh well, it may be a little late for me now. LOL
    Never too late if it's something you want to do. You should look into it. People change careers late in life all the time and are better for it.

+ Reply to Thread