+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bridalplasty

Re: Bridalplasty

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4156401;
    I can't believe I am still thinking about this show but sleep deprivation will do that to you, lol. I was lying awake thinking (after I thought of everything else in the world and no where else to alight) that they could really do a lot of good with this show. Instead of having them lying around the pool and observing each other deciding who needs a boob job and how they can trip each other up they could have challenges such as you might find in a home economics class, ie having a huge stack of bills and writing out checks to cover all and then balancing same or setting up an online payment service. Throw in some financial planning classes and the importance of saving for a rainy day. They could have cooking instructions and then see how much they retained and learned, rate their finished products. Since laundry seems to be a big topic they could show how you actually have to separate colors from whites and how some things are just not washable and must be sent to the cleaners. They could learn how to sew and repair clothing maybe have to make a cute outfit. I mean all that time in that house 4 months!!! They could learn meal planning and healthy eating habits, how to set a table, tablescapes for entertaining friends or throwing showers for friends weddings or babies. Learn how to write a thank you note (a lost art and seemingly extinct these days). They could explore the virtues of spring/fall cleaning. Maybe even a little car management such as knowing when to change the oil or have it changed. The possibilities are endless anything that would be stimulating, educational, beneficial and creative in the practicality of life's daily needs. We all know home management is not for sissies! Especially if you work on top of that.

Perhaps at the end they could have a show of hands as to who still wants to get married? Put them back on the lie detector for that... They could even do something with raising plants and how to keep up a yard and make it curb appeal worthy. This could actually be lots of fun to see their creativity. I can tell these women could really use this and would like to do it. Some of them seem to really be clueless and have probably had either their mothers or housekeepers picking up after them. I'd like to see them learn how to take pride in their home and family and therefore in themselves. If they need a nose job and better teeth along the way that could be their reward for winning these challenges. I think everyone would come away feeling less like they needed a shower for watching this, especially after the "positions" week with the dummies challenge... : /
    Great idea but that would mean that the show was more than the mindless trash.
    We can't have things that would be sensible, educational or productive.

And as for asking if they really wanted to get married, that would eliminate all the girls who really just want a fancy party that's ALL about them. It seems "The Wedding" is the important part, not the marriage.

WEll, after wasting my time watching this show last night, I'm pretty sure this whole thing has been scripted from the start. The decision making process of these girls is just not believable. Also, feel ripped off that two went last night and no one got anything off their "list". I'm not a fan of Allyson at all. She's 32, sort of lowlife and though she says she has always hated her arms she has tattoos on them drawing attention to them and making her look like a biker chick and even more trashy. She always looks sort of dirty with stringy hair that looks like it needs to be washed, cut and roots touched up though she's not the only one, lol. I think they should have concentrated on better contestants. She doesn't fit in with the rest of them as a young bride to be who dreams of a fantasy wedding. Shouldn't you know by the time you are 32 with two canceled weddings that you don't really need a fantasy wedding and that it would be a lot smarter to concentrate any money you might have left getting your financial house in order and just visit the Justice of the Peace? To make matters worse, in the end she rewarded the very person with the qualities that she said she disdained so much. Her values are so confusing. That just didn't make one bit of sense and made the whole thing go off the tracks. Jumped the shark for me, I'm so disappointed. Shouldn't the show's hostess have noticed the obvious cheating going on with the hand signals? The previews for the next show are making us think that it's Janessa that wins since I'm pretty sure that's not the body of Allyson in that dress but that would seem like a dead giveaway. The least two rewarding endings are in the final. I really miss Kristin and will miss Dominique who were both much more relatable (if that's a word, lol).

It must be very scripted if that stupid challenge where janessa and Domique cheated with hand signals, wasnt noticed by TPTB! Allyson noticed and eventually so did Cheyenne, they should have stood up and said something to that dim witted host. Then J and D should have been sent home immediately!
    And for Allyson to decide to pick the person she dislikes the most to take to the finale, is beyond believable!

Totally agree. So disappointing....sadly they will probably all be divorced in 2 years anyway so why am wasting my time again?? : /

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4160411;
    I think they should have concentrated on better contestants.
    I think that's the point. Who else would apply to be on that show but these kind of people??

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4160411;
    She doesn't fit in with the rest of them as a young bride to be who dreams of a fantasy wedding. Shouldn't you know by the time you are 32 with two canceled weddings that you don't really need a fantasy wedding and that it would be a lot smarter to concentrate any money you might have left getting your financial house in order and just visit the Justice of the Peace?
    This is what bothers me the most about people like her who think they can't get married unless they have some OTT fancy wedding. They're missing the whole point.
    There was a girl on Dr. Phil who came on claiming that after 5 years and a child, her boyfriend didn't want to get married. Turns out that he did want to get married but felt they couldn't afford a big expensive wedding but that's all that was important to the girl.
    It was: no big wedding = no marriage.
    Lordy, but I'm out of date if this is how young people think.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4160438;
    It must be very scripted if that stupid challenge where janessa and Domique cheated with hand signals, wasnt noticed by TPTB! Allyson noticed and eventually so did Cheyenne, they should have stood up and said something to that dim witted host. Then J and D should have been sent home immediately!
    And for Allyson to decide to pick the person she dislikes the most to take to the finale, is beyond believable!
    Oh, I am sure production LOVED those signals! Drama is the goal. If this show sees a second season, which I doubt, they may tweak challenges to avoid this.

Unless they filmed a fake bride for the preview the winner is clearly Jenessa, given her weight.

FORT Fan

I'm so happy that Janessa LOST! Props to Allyson for losing the weight.
    Trust Me!

OMG what a finale! The swearing and cursing! The accusations and blame! And what a classy bunch of little ladies they had there--lol. Far by the worst showdown between the losers and the two finalists on any reality show I have seen yet.
    When we saw Allyson in the recovery room after the surgery--and how gruesome that looked!--I thought she was having a seizure!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4160438;
    They knew about the hand signals as they filmed them discussing the strategy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4162633;
    I think that's the point. Who else would apply to be on that show but these kind of people??

This is what bothers me the most about people like her who think they can't get married unless they have some OTT fancy wedding. They're missing the whole point.
    There was a girl on Dr. Phil who came on claiming that after 5 years and a child, her boyfriend didn't want to get married. Turns out that he did want to get married but felt they couldn't afford a big expensive wedding but that's all that was important to the girl.
    It was: no big wedding = no marriage.
    Lordy, but I'm out of date if this is how young people think.
    ---In the late sixties, one of my oldest sister's friend's parents told her they'd either pay for a big, fancy wedding or a two week European honeymoon. She took the wedding. I think I was all of seven at the time, and even I thought that was stupid. Since she and her husband later divorced, I'm guessing she may not have felt that was her best choice in retrospect either.

I don't think it's just young people now who think like that. I think there's always been a segment of young women who have felt their weddings must be enormous events or there's no point in getting married.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast