+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bridalplasty

Re: Bridalplasty

Here (in Canada) the new episode is on tomorrow (Mon) night. I imagine that's the same in the US. I also am guessing that it was moved because of the Golden Globes.

I checked and you're right ... Thanks!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Jenessa's greeting to her finance was beyond strange. No hug, no kiss? I predict that unless she wins, they will not get married. If she wins the train will have left the station and all systems go.

Lie detectors are not allowed in court as evidence, because they have too much room for error and asking only one question on a topic is not how they are administered. I am sure all of them were told this and not to take the results seriously. We did not see any of them upset because of the results. Now, on watching as it airs, there may be some thunder! Jenessa is likely to flip over her fiance not proposing without the ultimatum.

I was shocked at the condition of that girl's teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4152038;
    I was shocked at the condition of that girl's teeth!
    Me, too!! I was surprised that she wasn't in constant horrible pain. So many teeth just fell out with little effort from the DDS. She was very lucky to have gotten all of them fixed.

I had a lot of sympathy for her because I've always had lousy teeth (pretty teeth but not strong) (sometimes it's not just neglect) and am forever having some procedure done to them. Most, now in my older years, are to help me keep all of them as I age. I'll do whatever it takes not to have my teeth in a glass next to the bed!!

At least this episode was interesting with the lie detector tests, because it's getting really boring and I haven't developed any empathy towards any of the brides. Also I've pretty much reached my limit of listening to Janessa's loud, flat nasal voice and her calculating ways.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 01-19-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Ok, I am watching it too and just found this thread! I don't do any knitting or anything to justify watching, lol. I am in the medical field and find plastic surgery fascinating. I love seeing people feeling better about themselves, I do NOT like seeing people who do not need surgery getting it but in the case of poor Janesa's nose, it was like Pinocchio and she really does look much better. Not that she "needed" it but I can see why she "wanted" it. Some people have imperfections that I find endearing and distinctive and some are just distracting.

What I don't like is seeing young girls getting gigantic breast implants or lipo in lieu of weight loss. Allyson having lipo with no mention of her large size was not really going to help her much and may make things worse for her as far as flabby arms go down the line. Unless she has the empty skin removed which would be another surgery for her, it could make matters worse. I am surprised that they did not have her on a diet. Four months is long enough for them to lose lots of weight and probably pretty close to all she needs to lose but they seem to have lots of snacks in the house.

I love the episodes on the teeth, seeing what they were able to do for Allyson was a great gift to her. It takes months to complete an implant and I just wondered how they were able to accomplish that in such a short time or what all they actually did for her to replace her missing teeth. An implant needs a post to grow to the bone first before a cap can be placed on it. She probably had lots of bone loss in her teeth as well. Takes several weeks even around three months for the bone to become strong again enough to hold the post firmly. I have seen better work than that dentist was doing which surprised me. I was thinking man, with all that infection she must have had some dragon breath. I hope she will take care of her teeth in the future.. diabetes will take a toll on her teeth as well. She needs to be vigilant. What the poor girl needs most is a job and some way to feel better about herself which might inspire her take better care of herself and to value herself more. Ditto for her BF. I hope they find jobs soon and everyone else who is looking for that matter. Scary out there these days.

Anyway, all of you are correct, this is a really a pretty shallow show with the cast of characters they have and the stupid challenges that ask too much information that they seem too ready to share. ......I am glad that the "victim" Lisa Marie is gone. She was mean as heck to her MIL and disrespectful exposing her true self, lol. At the end she touts herself as such a good person : /

I feel that Janessa is a plant. At first I thought well, she just does what everyone else does, she is just more straight forward and upfront about it, but not anymore. Sometimes you wonder how people get that way. This seems to mean so much to her, does she not have a family or friends that would make her wedding feel perfect for her no matter how small or modest? I agree with what one of the posters said, there is no mention of life after the wedding. It seems most of these women already live with their BF so what difference does it make? A bit ironically upsetting.

I am rooting for Dominique. I liked the way she was so attentive to her MIL and she seems the most level headed of the group. I was glad she didn't ask for implants for her second surgery. I even like Janessa she must not be THAT bad or the other girls would not like her at all. I was sorry to see Kristen go, she had her moments of being the bad girl but I found her wholly human and repentant when she was less than gracious.

I think the reason I like these type of shows is just to try to figure out the psychology of it all and to see how people are and what makes them that way. That is the education and attraction for me. Till next week! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4154418;
    I love the episodes on the teeth, seeing what they were able to do for Allyson was a great gift to her. It takes months to complete an implant and I just wondered how they were able to accomplish that in such a short time or what all they actually did for her to replace her missing teeth. An implant needs a post to grow to the bone first before a cap can be placed on it. She probably had lots of bone loss in her teeth as well. Takes several weeks even around three months for the bone to become strong again enough to hold the post firmly. I have seen better work than that dentist was doing which surprised me. I was thinking man, with all that infection she must have had some dragon breath. I hope she will take care of her teeth in the future.. diabetes will take a toll on her teeth as well. She needs to be vigilant.
    I agree. I'm very knowledgable about implants (cause of my genetically bad teeth) and you're right. I would also think that she would have too much bone loss w/such poor condition of her teeth and would need a bone graft, which would take additional time. I think what she received was mostly cosmetic but would later require more extensive work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4154418;
    What I don't like is seeing young girls getting gigantic breast implants or lipo in lieu of weight loss. Allyson having lipo with no mention of her large size was not really going to help her much and may make things worse for her as far as flabby arms go down the line. Unless she has the empty skin removed which would be another surgery for her, it could make matters worse. I am surprised that they did not have her on a diet. Four months is long enough for them to lose lots of weight and probably pretty close to all she needs to lose but they seem to have lots of snacks in the house.
    My main complaint about this show was how they treated plastic surgery as just a minor procedure to achieve a desired look, like changing your hair color. Allyson needed weight reduction instead of lyposuction to most of her body. She's probably young enough for her skin to snap back.
    I'm not against lyposuction but feel it should be for people with problem areas. I once knew a girl who had huge hips and thighs. If she lost weight, she'd lose it in her upper body which was already naturally thin. Losing weight would not correct the problem.

Totally Agree TheDragonlady, Allyson seems to be an "apple" so her arms and upper body would be her problem area. Usually apples have great legs though, a nice byproduct. I'm a pear and have always wanted those pretty legs!!! It's funny you say that about the PS being treated as if only changing hair color, I had written more and had that sentence in my post but went back and eliminated a lot as it was already way too long. Absolutely, PS is still surgery and very serious. A young woman here recently died from suffocation, she was only having her eyes done but the doctor had her positioned wrong on the table and she could not breath from her tongue relaxing to the back of her throat, blocking her airway and she simply expired on the table. A risk of having a procedure in a so called doctor's "office suite" operating room. Going under anesthesia is really very serious, not to mention blood clot or infection is a huge concern. I am thinking they really have to sign their lives away to be able to participate on the show and have the procedures.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Hmm....so if I can get some patsy to propose to me, I can get all the free plastic surgery I (think) I need? Put me down for that.

Btw: back in my day, when I had some, errrr, enhancements made to my boobages, it was done in my plastic surgeon's office. It was done in a chair somewhat like a dentist's chair. They hooked me up to an IV, but didn't knock me out completely. The doctor said that as soon as I felt any pain to let them know and they'd give me IV valium. It didn't hurt until they started to put in the first implant (silicone) - and they zonked me out.

Yes this was done in the ice ages - and my pain scrip was carved into Flintstonian slate. My how things have changed!

Glad to say that was in 1987 and they are still running strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4155095;
    Totally Agree TheDragonlady, Allyson seems to be an "apple" so her arms and upper body would be her problem area. Usually apples have great legs though, a nice byproduct. I'm a pear and have always wanted those pretty legs!!! It's funny you say that about the PS being treated as if only changing hair color, I had written more and had that sentence in my post but went back and eliminated a lot as it was already way too long. Absolutely, PS is still surgery and very serious.

Going under anesthesia is really very serious, not to mention blood clot or infection is a huge concern. I am thinking they really have to sign their lives away to be able to participate on the show and have the procedures.
    I understand Apple shapes too since that's me. Yes, I have great legs and I would trade them in a minute for your waist!

What you said about anethesia is so correct. We all take risks and I understand if you're willing to take the risk when there is a serious imperfection that should be corrected but not for something that could be achieved without surgery, like losing weight.

I can't believe I am still thinking about this show but sleep deprivation will do that to you, lol. I was lying awake thinking (after I thought of everything else in the world and no where else to alight) that they could really do a lot of good with this show. Instead of having them lying around the pool and observing each other deciding who needs a boob job and how they can trip each other up they could have challenges such as you might find in a home economics class, ie having a huge stack of bills and writing out checks to cover all and then balancing same or setting up an online payment service. Throw in some financial planning classes and the importance of saving for a rainy day. They could have cooking instructions and then see how much they retained and learned, rate their finished products. Since laundry seems to be a big topic they could show how you actually have to separate colors from whites and how some things are just not washable and must be sent to the cleaners. They could learn how to sew and repair clothing maybe have to make a cute outfit. I mean all that time in that house 4 months!!! They could learn meal planning and healthy eating habits, how to set a table, tablescapes for entertaining friends or throwing showers for friends weddings or babies. Learn how to write a thank you note (a lost art and seemingly extinct these days). They could explore the virtues of spring/fall cleaning. Maybe even a little car management such as knowing when to change the oil or have it changed. The possibilities are endless anything that would be stimulating, educational, beneficial and creative in the practicality of life's daily needs. We all know home management is not for sissies! Especially if you work on top of that.

Perhaps at the end they could have a show of hands as to who still wants to get married? Put them back on the lie detector for that... They could even do something with raising plants and how to keep up a yard and make it curb appeal worthy. This could actually be lots of fun to see their creativity. I can tell these women could really use this and would like to do it. Some of them seem to really be clueless and have probably had either their mothers or housekeepers picking up after them. I'd like to see them learn how to take pride in their home and family and therefore in themselves. If they need a nose job and better teeth along the way that could be their reward for winning these challenges. I think everyone would come away feeling less like they needed a shower for watching this, especially after the "positions" week with the dummies challenge... : /

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast