+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bridalplasty

Re: Bridalplasty

I cant believe I'm watching this either! I guess I'll watch anything reality based.I am so amazed that these healthy young women will put themselves under the knife to look good! Bad stuff can happen when you are knocked out for surgery--stuff that no doctor can predict! I think of Olivia Goldsmith the author of the First Wives Club, who died having some cosmetic surgery when she didnt come out of the anethetic!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4140265;
    I cant believe I'm watching this either! I guess I'll watch anything reality based.I am so amazed that these healthy young women will put themselves under the knife to look good! Bad stuff can happen when you are knocked out for surgery--stuff that no doctor can predict! I think of Olivia Goldsmith the author of the First Wives Club, who died having some cosmetic surgery when she didnt come out of the anethetic!!!
    I have no problem with plastic surgery. I had a face lift and it was a breeze.

The maturity level of these women is dangerously skewed and the alliance is just nasty. Alliances are necessary on these shows but the venom behind this one is just not necessary. Align but enjoy everyones company.

The challenges are lame, the host is poor and in general it is just not good!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4140278;
    I have no problem with plastic surgery. I had a face lift and it was a breeze.

The maturity level of these women is dangerously skewed and the alliance is just nasty. Alliances are necessary on these shows but the venom behind this one is just not necessary. Align but enjoy everyones company.

The challenges are lame, the host is poor and in general it is just not good!
    I don't have a problem with plastic surgery either, if that's what someone wants. I think what bothers me is that these girls think that if they get their nose fixed (or whatever) everything will be perfect. It's their attitude about surgery that bothers me. It's not on an equal level as buying the just the right dress!
    I think they'd all do better if they (and their SO's) had pre-marital therapy than surgery.
    Shoepie, I hope you do go back to knitting. It's very relaxing and can give you just the tiniest excuse for watching this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4134387;
    I watch a lot of the crap tv. Almost all of it. I just can't bring myself to brave this one. Come on....a "reality" show to win cosmetic surgery to marry a guy they aren't able to see for four months? Who's crazier - the bride or the groom? Imagine being stuck (allegedly for life) with one of these women after her one day of glory blows over. Wow.
    and she looks like a really bad version of Liberace after all the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4134387;
    I watch a lot of the crap tv. Almost all of it. I just can't bring myself to brave this one. Come on....a "reality" show to win cosmetic surgery to marry a guy they aren't able to see for four months? Who's crazier - the bride or the groom? Imagine being stuck (allegedly for life) with one of these women after her one day of glory blows over. Wow.
    Very true but having seen/heard the brides and prospective grooms, there's no prize-winners there.

Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw the prospective grooms saying goodbye! How many would be waiting after 4 months? How many would have hooked up with the prospective bridesmaids or bride's best friends? I guess it will all spill over to a Maury show.

I'm wondering even more why I am still watching this show.
    Tonight seemed far more scripted than any other night. That Lisa Marie person was the worst actor ever. I never believed she was crying at all. She doesn't seem to possess any high or low emotions whatsoever.

But I must admit I loved the music from The Godfather playing when Allyson took her down to speak to The Janessa!!

I do think there is scheming and stratagizing among the girls but the drama is really hyped up by the producers.
    But guess what, producers??? It's still not working.
    The show is lousy even though the premise is very cutting edge. But I imagine it's not hard to find people who would prefer to have lyposuction on most of their body rather than lose 30 pounds!

I noticed the Godfather like music playing in the background too. It was ver funny and quite clever of TPTB. And the "plasty" wasnt too hard to watch--just veneers!
    The segment with the future mothers-in-law was interesting. I hope some of those MILs were taking notes! A couple of the brides were not very nice to their elders!!

FORT Fogey

Loved the Godfather music!!!!! This is the best thing that has happened on the show.

No new episode this week??? Why?!?!? This is the only show my youngest and I watch together.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast