+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Storage Wars

Re: Storage Wars

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I think it's more what their profit/loss could be if all the items were sold for the price they quote. I've read in many places that people have gone to Jarrod's or Dave's places and have seen items unsold that they got on storage wars.
    I would say that their stores can be compared to a pawn shop you either have what people want or you don't. Storage buying is hard work. Having worked at one and knowing what it takes to clean some of them out that have been left behind is hard work. I bought one in my 8 years of working at one and I would never do it again. To much work for me to go through all that stuff and some of the junk people pay money to store is crazy. In the one I bought there was a fry daddy full of grease. I made money on it but it still wasn't worth it.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Darrel is cracking me up already tonight... the moon is in retrofit.

I agree that storage buying/selling would be/is hard work, but I still wish that they'd post more accurate earnings ratios.
    Jexter and Cootie like this.

Today's Los Angeles Times has an article about Dave Hester suing the producers of Storage Wars because he claims the show is "fake" and that the storage lockers are enhanced by the producers ahead of actual filming. The article claims it is very rare to find anything of value in a storage locker. In the article, it mentions the partipants each receive $25,000 per episode.

Quote Originally Posted by annifran View Post
    Today's Los Angeles Times has an article about Dave Hester suing the producers of Storage Wars because he claims the show is "fake" and that the storage lockers are enhanced by the producers ahead of actual filming. The article claims it is very rare to find anything of value in a storage locker. In the article, it mentions the partipants each receive $25,000 per episode.
    Yes I saw that .The producers hid a BMW in one storage locker, and something else.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Wow and as far as DH goes, he is just not a friendly likeable guy. Unless, the show wanted him like that but meh to him.

I see his BIG truck in the OC all the time.
    KAREN

Well is he is that upset he doesn't have to continue being on the show and collecting that $25,000.00 per episode.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

One theory being bandied about is that he asked for more money as the "star" of the show, and they declined to give it to him. Sounds very Hesterish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    One theory being bandied about is that he asked for more money as the "star" of the show, and they declined to give it to him. Sounds very Hesterish to me.
    Star … whatever, Dave, don't flatter yourself.
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

Oh, poor Dave... are your 15 minutes up? -- yeeeeep.
    Has anyone else caught an episode of the new Texas Storage Wars? I liked the two creative women on that show - Mary (who repurposed items to create unique "art"), and I think it was Jenny (who refinished furniture pieces for what looked like either her own client or for another designer's showroom). I haven't seen enough to know if these two will be regularly featured, but it made the show a lot more interesting to me. Sort of storage war/diy craft and design mix.
    remember to play

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    Oh, poor Dave... are your 15 minutes up? -- yeeeeep.
    Has anyone else caught an episode of the new Texas Storage Wars? I liked the two creative women on that show - Mary (who repurposed items to create unique "art"), and I think it was Jenny (who refinished furniture pieces for what looked like either her own client or for another designer's showroom). I haven't seen enough to know if these two will be regularly featured, but it made the show a lot more interesting to me. Sort of storage war/diy craft and design mix.
    Yes, I watch TEXAS and like it as well!!!

And I am excited for NY!!! January 1st!!!

Storage Wars: New York - Episodes, Video & Schedule - aetv.com
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread