+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Storage Wars

Re: Storage Wars

In the long run the driving up of bids is a wash. It's expected at auctions. And I'm most all of these folks have done it once in awhile. Leaving him having to buy a unit he didn't really want is just part of the culture and in the end it's a wash. It's all part of the game playing that occurs.

I am sure the profits are shown as projected. Some of the junk (I mean nice finds **sarcasm**) are priced by the bidders themselves.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    In the long run the driving up of bids is a wash. It's expected at auctions. And I'm most all of these folks have done it once in awhile. Leaving him having to buy a unit he didn't really want is just part of the culture and in the end it's a wash. It's all part of the game playing that occurs.
    Oh, thank for the info. I had no idea. So it's like a sport. That would drive me nuts. LOL

I'm late to the show but they had a marathon a couple of weekends ago and now I'm hooked! They showed another marathon this weekend. I haven't caught it on its regular night and time yet though but am enjoying catching up. I don't care for Dave but some of his wins are for things that the others don't have the expertise to market. He's best with the commercial products. He got some vending machines and made a really tidy profit.

Barry.....He loses more than he profits most of the time but he has a good attitude. I was mad at him for not sticking with the locker with all those Elvis newspapers. He could have finally had a big win. Jarrod and Brandi are a lot of fun, the way they bicker is the way I'd be with my husband if we did the storage unit circuit. I don't have the money to compete with the likes of these people though . Darrell is fun to watch, he reminds me of a redneck friend I have.

As much as I hate it when they drive the bids up on each other, sometimes they do throw each other a bone. And Dave did give Jarrod an appraisal on the display cabinet and safe, which turned a nice profit for Jarrod.

We've started saying "yeeappp!" for the fun of it .

I caught another show about twin brothers who appraise and offer to buy items from people but can't remember the name of the show. But the episode I caught they seem like they really care about the people they are showcasing.
    cablejockey and Cootie like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Love, love, love this show. I got hooked last season and now it's must see tv for me. If you get a chance, watch the two specials they did in Vegas where they discussed the show and the mechanics of auctions. I was surprised to learn that Jarrod and Brandi aren't married. They have two kids together. I wonder why not?

Oh shoot. Can't do the multi quote thing here.

Anyhow the show with the brothers... The brother's are the Keno brothers and the show is Buried Treasure on Fox. They're also on Antiques Roadshow. I like their show. Kind of bums me out that people collect so much stuff though thinking it's going to be worth so much. I'm sure the people on the Storage Wars show can attest to that items are only worth as much as people are willing to pay for them and some of these things come in and out of fashion. But I like the Keno show better than that show with the guys who go through the junk people have and then give them a low ball offer on the items and take them for a ride basically.

Anyhow back to storage wars. I got the impression when I've watched this that Jarrod and Brandi are not doing exceptionally well financially. If that's the case that might factor into why they aren't married. Here (where we have higher poverty rate) you'll have cohabitating adults because the kids are then able to get healthcare and reduced lunches in school if they're from a "single parent" house hold. Or it just might not be something they're into. Personally I'm not into marriage because I'm not religious so I likely wouldn't marry anybody even if I had kids with them.

I used to LOVE the Keno brothers on Antiques Roadshow!

I'm not sure that Jarrod and Brandi aren't doing well. They recently expanded their store including adding more staff. Owning my own business, I know that doesn't mean you're "rich," but they also have lots more money to spend recently at the auctions. They used to show up pretty broke and now they have thousands to spend.
    Maybe keeping the kids on public healthcare could be a desired perk. In Georgia, we have "Peachcare" for those who meet the financila requirements.

Interesting story about the show--a unit auctioned off for a thousand dollars turned out to contain pirate treasure worth half a million!
    In Flex We Trust “Storage Wars” Stars Uncover Real Life Pirate Treasure

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Interesting story about the show--a unit auctioned off for a thousand dollars turned out to contain pirate treasure worth half a million!
    In Flex We Trust “Storage Wars” Stars Uncover Real Life Pirate Treasure
    After reading the article, I got the impression that the winner of the auction wasn't anyone from the Storage Wars group.
    I'm glad because I'd hate for Dave Hester to win something like that. He's such an arrogant a$$
    cablejockey, momrek06 and jucamer like this.

WOW, I was IMPRESSED with Brandi's bidding last night on those QUADS.

Barry and his Mom,

Boy Darrell has been coming up with nothing of late.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread